Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Think I'll re-watch a few movies and get some insight:sarcasm::huh::help::eek:
upload_2020-5-31_11-56-11.jpeg
upload_2020-5-31_11-56-37.jpeg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was wondering if anyone can provide feedback on Into The Badlands. Liked S1 but then for some reason, I gave up on it at the beginning of S2.

What did I miss? Where is the series at now?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I personally enjoyed it. It's done now, I believe after Season 3. It's all there on Netflix.

So, strong finish? How would you rate each Season, with a couple of words or a numbers rating, whatever is quicker.

Thanks in advance.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'd rank the seasons all about the same. I like season 2 the best, but they all have different and multiple story lines going on. Season 3 seemed to me to go from a road to season 4 to the "we'll need to wrap this up". It was still a more coherent last season than GOT. Still, I liked most of the characters and the choreography was often superb.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I'm pretty comfortable using photoshop. I haven't done as many GDTs as I'd like - hopefully I can manage a couple for the playoffs, if they go long enough! :laugh:

I am in training myself, I bought a program called Affinity Photo which according to many reviews from people in the business can do 95% of what PS can do. About a month ago it was on sale probably due to the pandemic. I got it for Win10, iPadOS and Android. All of them together were less than $100. I also go the equivalent of Illustrator for Win10 and iPadOS, it is called Affinity Designer.

I was suspicious first when I saw the prices so I did my research and it has been selected app of the year for Apple, PC Magazine, Photography News, TIPA.

I just went to their site and the sale is still on, right now at 25 bucks for Mac, Win and for iPAd $9.99.

I got a tutorial book from Amazon and there are many tutorials online on YT, I even bought an online one for $1.99 and I have really not had the time so far apart from maybe a couple of hours. I did follow one online for iPad using my iPad Pro and the Apple Pen and it was really fun. It was a fairly simple retouch tutorial but the photo really looked better. I have not started with the tutorials for creating videos yet.

I have dabbled a bit before in PS, when I worked at the railroads for some odd reason we had it at work and I turned a nude picture of my Italian girlfriend bathing in a little alpine creek up north into a water color painting that I blew up and framed. I gave it to her when we split.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Guess it's the time of the year to watch the whole LotR trilogy again:

Fun bits:
Liv Tyler can still speak Elvish :eek:
Ian McKellen tells that Christopher Lee was reading LotR every year and hoped that he would be Gandalf, not Saruman
When Sean Bean says his "One does not.." line, he's looking down... because he didn't know the lines as they were brand new

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Just finished watching the first season of the Netflix Daredevil. The ending was just a joy to watch. Never seen a super-hero/super-villain fight so earned before, they had essentially 13 mini-movies of build up to get to it. And it felt so right too. For a former comics fan like me I was literally in ecstasy. lol It was straight from the comics pages.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just finished watching the first season of the Netflix Daredevil. The ending was just a joy to watch. Never seen a super-hero/super-villain fight so earned before, they had essentially 13 mini-movies of build up to get to it. And it felt so right too. For a former comics fan like me I was literally in ecstasy. lol It was straight from the comics pages.

Only comic TV adaptation that can compete with it is HBO's The Watchmen.

My two favorite comic to tv series of all time.

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just binge watched season 1 of Spaceforce. It is so dumb but funny at the same time. :laugh:

Space exploration is one of my biggest interests in life so it made the show more attracting. Lets admit it though, Steve Carell is a pretty good actor for his role style. The guy never looks out of place/bad acting.

Really liked Malkovich too. Im up to the finale now.

Diana Silvers who plays her daughter is a really cutie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad