OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll torrent it :arr:

I'll pass. I could find it online but I couldn't be bothered.

All these platforms springing up like mushrooms. It I had to subscribe to all of them just to see this one series here and another there, I'd never have time for anything. We have a huge platform overload -- can't wait for several of them to merge. They can't possibly all make money by slicing up the market like they are -- I suspect that most users are experiencing platform fatigue and usually budget for one platform, that is usually reserved for Netflix.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'll pass. I could find it online but I couldn't be bothered.

All these platforms springing up like mushrooms. It I had to subscribe to all of them just to see this one series here and another there, I'd never have time for anything. We have a huge platform overload -- can't wait for several of them to merge. They can't possibly all make money by slicing up the market like they are -- I suspect that most users are experiencing platform fatigue and usually budget for one platform, that is usually reserved for Netflix.

That's why aside from netflix, I torrent the rest.

I found it, PM me if you want a link.

Reactions: groovejuice

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Something compelled me to watch the Killing Fields after a few decades,still powerful.

images

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
There are site where you can just stream them.

Sites?

*ahem*

Android Tv box or firestick + Kodi app + add-on of your choice (I personally use Seren - requires Premiumize or Real Debrid membership which I find worth every penny for the curated high-quality sources, VPN and cloud storage).

You can set Kodi up on a computer too, but it’s very nice to have it directly available on the tv. I run it on the android box supplied by my tv and internet service provider.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Sites?

*ahem*

Android Tv box or firestick + Kodi app + add-on of your choice (I personally use Seren - requires Premiumize or Real Debrid membership which I find worth every penny for the curated high-quality sources, VPN and cloud storage).

You can set Kodi up on a computer too, but it’s very nice to have it directly available on the tv. I run it on the android box supplied by my tv and internet service provider.
I not sure I’m able to name the site here... but yes there are site where you can just stream the all movie and série even the lastest... there used to be zero adds but It got shut down last year or two years ago but it (or someone try to use the name recognition) just added a S to the name and reopen the with the Similar look but now ad are much more annoying but manageable I already share accès to pretty much all service so I don’t use it much for série but that where I see all my movies. I just use my Iphone easier to mange the ads and airplay to the Apple TV or tv.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There are site where you can just stream them.

I know, torrenting is just simpler for me. Open sources are becoming scarce, but there are stable closed sharing communities that have remained for years, so I just go back to those instead. The practical side is I hate having lags on playback and it leaves the home connection free. Someone can play online while the other is watching a movie. A question of quality too, because the higher the quality if you are streaming, the less bandwidt remains for someone else.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Spaceforce couldve been really great if they didnt go for the cute feels story. Also no development or wtv.

It was bad, pretty bad.

Animal kingdom s4 was nice though. I just hate the way Jeanine Cody acts... Why does she have to walk as if she was in a womens product ad? Killing off the character is the right move, let them move away from it. Also Pope, get rid of him.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Spaceforce couldve been really great if they didnt go for the cute feels story. Also no development or wtv.

It was bad, pretty bad.

Animal kingdom s4 was nice though. I just hate the way Jeanine Cody acts... Why does she have to walk as if she was in a womens product ad? Killing off the character is the right move, let them move away from it. Also Pope, get rid of him.

But you still watched the whole season?

You a masochist?

Reactions: ArtPeur

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
The Great on amazon prime was indeed great. Strongly recommend it, made me chuckle out loud quite a few times per episodes. It's much better than Space Force.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Do yourself a favor and read the comic instead/first.

I went to read all 72 chapters right after season 1, all I can say is wow lol.
If they remotely stick to the source, we're in for a wild ride (they have, for the most part, the only major difference is the appearance and nationality of the main character Hughie lol)

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Initially I couldn’t get into Better Call Saul, I tried on a couple different occasions and I found it to be quite boring.

Well I’ve decided to give it another try and I’m on episode 3 of season 2 and I think it could end up better than Breaking Bad for me. Really enjoying it, I probably wouldn’t have gone back to it, but I read a couple posts from ozy and it made me give it another shot. Loving it now.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Initially I couldn’t get into Better Call Saul, I tried on a couple different occasions and I found it to be quite boring.

Well I’ve decided to give it another try and I’m on episode 3 of season 2 and I think it could end up better than Breaking Bad for me. Really enjoying it, I probably wouldn’t have gone back to it, but I read a couple posts from ozy and it made me give it another shot. Loving it now.

:)

I'M glad they were able to push it one season further than Breaking Bad, because initialy season 5 was supposed to be the finale, even of about a year or two ago, and now they're saying 6 is the finale, but who knows, they might again re-up it halfway through.

The whole cast is great. I'm having fun re-watching x-files and seeing so many actors from the BB/BCS universe. Gilligan was a writer on a few seasons, might be why he likes filming in ABQ so much, cuz a lot of x-files were shot there and the same NM desert areas too.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad