Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im down for the hound

Mountain's gonna crumble
Imagine if we get an Oberyn 2.0 ?

It can't just be the Hound wining, thats just too easy.

Gregor saving Sandor from near death? Them riding into the sunset with brotherly love ? Sandor learns something from Arya?

Just to see Arya stab the Mountain in the f***ing guts.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Imagine if we get an Oberyn 2.0 ?

It can't just be the Hound wining, thats just too easy.

Gregor saving Sandor from near death? Them riding into the sunset with brotherly love ? Sandor learns something from Arya?

Just to see Arya stab the Mountain in the ****ing guts.

I think there's a good chance it's Sandor that saves Arya

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Some videos if you're looking to kill some time before Sunday. Most stuff you probably already know, but the videos are well done and have lots of detail.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Sansa, Jorah, Tormund and Brienne will survive.

Bran won't. Im pretty sure Bran will be central to the night king's end, leading to his own death.

I think Dani might die before tge night king, or at least one of her two dragons.

My guess is that Daenerys dies next episode during a Night King v. Dragons showdown. Probably won't stay dead though.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I am hooked to Curse of Oak Island and I get frustrated, for years. They didn't find anything important over the years, only old nails, pieces of wood, some 1800's century coins or pieces of metal maybe from a coffin. That's it. Every time they dig with their machines and they find a cavity they show an animation that suppose a square cave build from man's hand and maybe a treasure. They mention Arch of Alliance, St Graal or any great treasure of ancient world. That serie is good just for keeping the audience aware of ancien history and mystery in general.

I mean, all this is a way to interrest viewers about history and technology. So I get hooked but I also get frustrated. Rick Lagina looks like a twin brother of John Tortorella. But Rick Lagina is a very classy man and likable, lol.

I like when they sit together at their small quarters and discuss. They take decisions calmly, democraticly. History, technology and curiuosity are involved in that series. But like the quest of the Habs to win a Cup, viewers are hooked but they never see the St-Graal. I wonder if they find anything valuable over the years. If there was a treasory, it was found before, or maybe there never was anything and all those treasory seachers wasted their time.

That serie should be renamed the curse of viewers of curse of Oak Island.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Im going by the fact GRRM said he left a lot of clues in the first few books especially the first one and in the first book there's a passage where someone comes into Tyrion's room while he's standing in front of the room's balcony and looks at Tyrion's shadow and the person whims "for a moment, I saw the shadow of a king"

That's the kinda tell he's done throughout the books

I'm telling you nobody gets the Throne in the books. Not even GRRM's favorite character Tyrion. It represents everything foul about the World, the greed, the thirst for power. I'm predicting a new system will come together, maybe one of the dragons burns the Throne. Also there will probably be something like they will destroy something like the heart of Winter which will kill the magic in the World including WW and dragons.

BTW a site I go to that catches things on the GOT sets, around November they captured an image from Winterfell that had three people on horses with flamming swords. I wonder who could that be. One might be Beric, the other the Hound maybe(defeating his fear of fire), the other I don't know. There's also the possibility that it's knights working under the Red Woman coming in.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Liking "Tin Star" so far. It's been on my to-watch list for too long, but I'm glad I finally gave it a try.

Think Fargo season 1 vibe here. To those that know what I'm talking about, this is pretty rare in TV.

The "big three" here all do a great job.

P.S. It's a terrible trailer by the way, that does a bad job at capturing the spirit of the series.

P.P.S. Oh, and the soundtrack really stands out. It's so "psycho" and unnerving.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm telling you nobody gets the Throne in the books. Not even GRRM's favorite character Tyrion. It represents everything foul about the World, the greed, the thirst for power. I'm predicting a new system will come together, maybe one of the dragons burns the Throne. Also there will probably be something like they will destroy something like the heart of Winter which will kill the magic in the World including WW and dragons.

BTW a site I go to that catches things on the GOT sets, around November they captured an image from Winterfell that had three people on horses with flamming swords. I wonder who could that be. One might be Beric, the other the Hound maybe(defeating his fear of fire), the other I don't know. There's also the possibility that it's knights working under the Red Woman coming in.

If you look up my previous post, you'll see that I cover all that.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
My guess is that Daenerys dies next episode during a Night King v. Dragons showdown. Probably won't stay dead though.

My guess is that she does something to be abandon Jon. She had this look like he's now a threat to her legacy. I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves Winterfell if her army starts to crumble.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm hoping you don't base your hopes on one phrase....?

George has dropped ints on multiple characters being either the King/Queen or being the chosen one. He is playing with us. That is why nobody will get the Throne.

But i never said Tyrion would get the throne. If you had read my previous posts like i suggested, I said Jon would break the wheel and Tyrion would get elected as ruler by the seven kingdoms. I think you puff up way too much when talking about GoT. Take a breather.

Not everything has to be literal y'know. A king is a ruler, and that's how he pictured Tyrion in that book scene, as a ruler. And that's what he'll be in the end.

And btw, quit the spin routine. I have no "hopes" for anything. I say what I see.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
But i never said Tyrion would get the throne. If you had read my previous posts like i suggested, I said Jon would break the wheel and Tyrion would get elected as ruler by the seven kingdoms. I think you puff up way too much when talking about GoT. Take a breather.

Not everything has to be literal y'know. A king is a ruler, and that's how he pictured Tyrion in that book scene, as a ruler. And that's what he'll be in the end.

And btw, quit the spin routine. I have no "hopes" for anything. I say what I see.

When I meant "hopes" I didn't mean you had a dog in the fight but more as far holding on one line for predictions.

But I thought you meant Tyrion would get the Throne. My bad. I still think it's gonna be some form of council, though. I heard that GRRM wants a LOTR books-type ending and I have never read that so I'm not sure what it means but those that have read it mentioned that it might be be all the weaker people surviving and trying to rebuild. One might say the "broken things" like probably Tyrion, Sansa, Theon, Varys, etc...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Liking "Tin Star" so far. It's been on my to-watch list for too long, but I'm glad I finally gave it a try.

Think Fargo season 1 vibe here. To those that know what I'm talking about, this is pretty rare in TV.

The "big three" here all do a great job.

P.S. It's a terrible trailer by the way, that does a bad job at capturing the spirit of the series.

P.P.S. Oh, and the soundtrack really stands out. It's so "psycho" and unnerving.

You forgot another end note ...

P.P.P.S. It's on Amazon. Suckas. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodKiwi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jeopardy results yesterday, the champ didn't post one of his best scores.

He went into Final Jeopardy with $49,621. He bet $24,000 for an episode total of $73,621.

His 15-day total now stands at $1,135,175.

Interesting comments during the personal interaction segment. The champ said he'd like to give some money to children's charities in the Vegas area. I suspect he's doing this since on another segment, it was mentioned how some online critics felt he had "won enough".

In the prior show, Trebek mentioned that Holzhauer now holds the record for single winnings in the top 5 spots of the show, all-time.

And in another show, Trebek pointed out that when Ken Jennings had his run of 74 wins in a row, he was averaging $34,000 per victory. Holzhauer is averaging $71,000 per victory.

Reactions: Andrei79

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Bosch season 5 is really good. Maybe the most even one yet.

Barry gets better every week I swear.

Tin Star looks interesting. I might have to get Amazon for it and Justified, just for a month.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Caught up on Billions and once again, the show delivers. The writing is superb, l don’t think I’ve seen another show navigate so seamlessly in and out of intricate financial matters, not to mention legal and political manoeuvrings.

There are plenty of heavy hitters and the regulars are constantly finding angles and new situations to ramp up tension. Liking several characters who add a unique flavour to the show. A quirky persona like Wags has a lot to offer and doesn’t get old.

There are also plenty of references to historical figures, events, dictums and trivia to wet your appetite. It’s very tempting to pause and google some of the more obscure analogies that several of the characters allude to in their verbal sparring.

Particularly absorbing to see the type of exchanges that emanate from those portraying highly intelligent and sophisticated players in that cut-throat world and rendering it all so credibly.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Bosch season 5 is really good. Maybe the most even one yet.

Barry gets better every week I swear.

Tin Star looks interesting. I might have to get Amazon for it and Justified, just for a month.

Oh, boy, are you in for a treat! :scared:

I can probably count on fingers of one hand the amount of TV series that feature dialogues as vibrant and clever as Justified does. The series is a classic everyone has to watch IMO.

Trying Amazon Prime is very cheap for QC residents. But there's isn't a free trial like for the rest of Canadians. After that, the service is by far the cheapest when compared to other streaming platforms, costing around $6.50 per month when paid annually.
After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just CDN$ 7.99/month (plus any applicable taxes). Cancel anytime. Quebec residents receive an initial 2-month membership for CDN$ 7.99, instead of a free trial.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
When I meant "hopes" I didn't mean you had a dog in the fight but more as far holding on one line for predictions.

But I thought you meant Tyrion would get the Throne. My bad. I still think it's gonna be some form of council, though. I heard that GRRM wants a LOTR books-type ending and I have never read that so I'm not sure what it means but those that have read it mentioned that it might be be all the weaker people surviving and trying to rebuild. One might say the "broken things" like probably Tyrion, Sansa, Theon, Varys, etc...

That's exactly what I think will happen. Don't worry, my theory is solid. It's gonna be a council of the 7 kingdoms, but Tyrion will be its king/president/commisioner. The wheel will be broken and Jon will relinquish his rule.

It just makes too damn sense.

Reactions: Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad