OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Have you seen her face during the whole episode? Especially on the dragon when the bells rang, pretty sure she went mad. Pure madness.
She went mad when she saw Missandei get killed, that's when she ''changed''. It wasn't when the Bells rang, and it wasn't out of paranoia or dellusion, this was all about revenge.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Episode starts with hooded men coming through the broken entry way in slow motion.

Near the end the Episode, Dany is about to execute Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister on the stage outside by the dragon. Northmen go on a revolt but are pushed back by Unsullied and Dotraki. A few of the Dotraki and Unsullied are now on stage to make sure this is going well. Before the execution starts, Arya goes for the stage so that she doesn't relive the whole thing again like with er father but they catch her. She is brought to the stage too. Jon Snow pleads and beg Dany to let her be. And Dany is like I want to see your whole World destroyed Jon Snow. So Arya is put in place to be executed too. Arya for the first time starts crying. Drogon is placed above Jon Snow. Dracaris. The fire immerses him. Of course it does next to nothing expect to his clothes. Dany is frustrated. Dracaris. Jon get immersed. Nothing. She is pissed off. She turns toward Tyrion points to Drogon. Dracaris. Tyrion is also immersed in flames. Same result! Targaryen comfirmed! Tyrion is shocked! Then she turns toward Arya. And she is about to say Dracaris. But then one of the Dotraki on stage remove his face and it's Jaqen Hagart! Then all the other Unsullied and Dotraki on stage on stage remove their faces and masks too! Faceless Men! Then they all turn their weapons toward Dany! Jaqen ask her to tell her dragon to get back and she does.

Jaqen say to Arya:"you know I had been following you a long time even before you saw me in this current form. You always reminded me of my beloved Lyanna". Then Jaqen removes his mask and you see before you a good-looking older man, maybe in his 50s. With long silver and grey hair. He turns to Dany and goes "sister, you disappoint me". She goes "Rhaegar? They don't love me". Rhaegar goes "Can you blame them?". He turns to Jon:"Hello son. All these years I have meant to contact you but it was crucial for the realm that I stay in the shadows fighting my own battles. And I created the Faceless Men to do that". He turns to Dany and say:"you want fire and blood? I'll give you fire and Blood". He approaches her then go directly to Drogon. Then Raegar whisper a few words in a weird language(Valyrian) in the dragon's ear. Then proceeds to mount him! They fly and Raegar direct the dragon from below and the dragon torches all the Dotraki and Unsullied, killing them. Then they land, Raegar whisper something again in the dragon's hear and the dragon flies away never to be seen again.

Rhaegar approaches Jon Snow and he say "what did your adopted father tell you again, "the one that passes the sentence...". Arya say:"should swing the sword". Jon Snow before the remaining Northern soldiers "I am Aegon Targaryen, before you, I proclaim Daenerys Targaryen enemy of the Seven Kingdom, you are guilty of slaugthering defenseless innocents, the worst act Westeros has ever seen. And I sentence you to die". Dany:"no I am the Breaker of Chains, I am the savior!". Reagar:"oh please shut up and die like a man...oh sorry you're not". Arya almost crack up. Then Arya, Tyrion, Raegar and Jon look at her with great contempt and Jon/Aegon cut her head and it's over. The soldiers are happy but it's not a great jubilation. It's more of a somber tone. Rhaegar tells the soldiers to stay a while in the place while they go somewhere.

And so Raegar, Jon, Arya and Tyrion go to the Throne room of the Red Keep. They have a few discussions. They talk about Tyrion being a Tar and Rhaegar goes "it's over you know. We cannot have something like this to ever happen again. The Targaryen line must end. You two can never have children" and Jon and Tyrion nod. They all look at the Throne. Tyrion approaches the Throne. We think he is gonna sit on it and with all his might he pushes it down and the whole thing falls like a pathetic relic, all the swords detaching themselves all after another. There are no more Seven Kingdoms.

King's Landing is a ghost town now. A lone figure approaches entering the city, he walks a long time all throughout the city like a scene from 28 Days Late. Goes to the Throne room, sort of put the Throne together a bit. Sits on it. And goes "I always knew I would get my Fookin Castle!".

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
She went mad when she saw Missandei get killed, that's when she ''changed''.

So you admits she went mad?

It wasn't when the Bells rang,

I'm thinking it was those two things. Benioff said that all these things lead to her doing that. And the bells were the last straw. So it's Jaime's fault. lol

and it wasn't out of paranoia or dellusion, this was all about revenge.

I'm thinking it was all of those things. Paranoia, dellusions, vengeance, entitlement, selfishness, ego, rejection. And that fookin Targaryen dragon blood.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Episode starts with hooded men coming through the broken entry way in slow motion.

Near the end the Episode, Dany is about to execute Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister on the stage outside by the dragon. Northmen go on a revolt but are pushed back by Unsullied and Dotraki. A few of the Dotraki and Unsullied are now on stage to make sure this is going well. Before the execution starts, Arya goes for the stage so that she doesn't relive the whole thing again like with er father but they catch her. She is brought to the stage too. Jon Snow pleads and beg Dany to let her be. And Dany is like I want to see your whole World destroyed Jon Snow. So Arya is put in place to be executed too. Arya for the first time starts crying. Drogon is placed above Jon Snow. Dracaris. The fire immerses him. Of course it does next to nothing expect to his clothes. Dany is frustrated. Dracaris. Jon get immersed. Nothing. She is pissed off. She turns toward Tyrion points to Drogon. Dracaris. Tyrion is also immersed in flames. Same result! Targaryen comfirmed! Tyrion is shocked! Then she turns toward Arya. And she is about to say Dracaris. But then one of the Dotraki on stage remove his face and it's Jaqen Hagart! Then all the other Unsullied and Dotraki on stage on stage remove their faces and masks too! Faceless Men! Then they all turn their weapons toward Dany! Jaqen ask her to tell her dragon to get back and she does.

Jaqen say to Arya:"you know I had been following you a long time even before you saw me in this current form. You always reminded me of my beloved Lyanna". Then Jaqen removes his mask and you see before you a good-looking older man, maybe in his 50s. With long silver and grey hair. He turns to Dany and goes "sister, you disappoint me". She goes "Rhaegar? They don't love me". Rhaegar goes "Can you blame them?". He turns to Jon:"Hello son. All these years I have meant to contact you but it was crucial for the realm that I stay in the shadows fighting my own battles. And I created the Faceless Men to do that". He turns to Dany and say:"you want fire and blood? I'll give you fire and Blood". He approaches her then go directly to Drogon. Then Raegar whisper a few words in a weird language(Valyrian) in the dragon's ear. Then proceeds to mount him! They fly and Raegar direct the dragon from below and the dragon torches all the Dotraki and Unsullied, killing them. Then they land, Raegar whisper something again in the dragon's hear and the dragon flies away never to be seen again.

Rhaegar approaches Jon Snow and he say "what did your adopted father tell you again, "the one that passes the sentence...". Arya say:"should swing the sword". Jon Snow before the remaining Northern soldiers "I am Aegon Targaryen, before you, I proclaim Daenerys Targaryen enemy of the Seven Kingdom, you are guilty of slaugthering defenseless innocents, the worst act Westeros has ever seen. And I sentence you to die". Dany:"no I am the Breaker of Chains, I am the savior!". Reagar:"oh please shut up and die like a man...oh sorry you're not". Arya almost crack up. Then Arya, Tyrion, Raegar and Jon look at her with great contempt and Jon/Aegon cut her head and it's over. The soldiers are happy but it's not a great jubilation. It's more of a somber tone. Rhaegar tells the soldiers to stay a while in the place while they go somewhere.

And so Raegar, Jon, Arya and Tyrion go to the Throne room of the Red Keep. They have a few discussions. They talk about Tyrion being a Tar and Rhaegar goes "it's over you know. We cannot have something like this to ever happen again. The Targaryen line must end. You two can never have children" and Jon and Tyrion nod. They all look at the Throne. Tyrion approaches the Throne. We think he is gonna sit on it and with all his might he pushes it down and the whole thing falls like a pathetic relic, all the swords detaching themselves all after another. There are no more Seven Kingdoms.

King's Landing is a ghost town now. A lone figure approaches entering the city, he walks a long time all throughout the city like a scene from 28 Days Late. Goes to the Throne room, sort of put the Throne together a bit. Sits on it. And goes "I always knew I would get my Fookin Castle!".

What the hell did I just read....Lolll

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm thinking it was all of those things. Paranoia, dellusions, vengeance, entitlement, selfishness, ego, rejection. And that fookin Targaryen dragon blood.
Well she definitely didn't act calm and composed, so ya, she went mad.
Paranoia and dellusion?..Over what? There just wasn't any of that. This is all in your head, making your own conclusion. Dany did not go paranoid over anything. Again, she even said it in the previous episode. Anybody that's in the city is fair game as they've backed up Cersei, to which Tyrion pleads how they had no choice. So this was all about revenge, a personal was between her and Cersei, where she wanted blood.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
:biglaugh: It is nuts. I know.

Were you shocked by the returning character?
Shocked by pretty much everything, but not in a good way mate..lol

I mean..Dany wanting to destroy all of Jon's world comes out of complete nowhere. Zero precedent to that. Would make no sense at all...and then the rest..I mean...Tyrion is a tar now too? Loll..dude.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Shocked by pretty much everything, but not in a good way mate..lol

I mean..Dany wanting to destroy all of Jon's world comes out of complete nowhere. Zero precedent to that. Would make no sense at all...and then the rest..I mean...Tyrion is a tar now too? Loll..dude.

Well I didn't write the middle act that would lead to her doing that. But the seeds are already planted. Like she feels like he betrayed her, that he doesn't love her anymore and he is the rightful heir. Plus she is in an homicidal binje. What if she starts doing mass executions against those she feels have betrayed her or people that do not want to be with her.

About Tyrion being a Targ this has been a theory that has been floating around for a long time.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Well she definitely didn't act calm and composed, so ya, she went mad.
Paranoia and dellusion?..Over what? There just wasn't any of that. This is all in your head, making your own conclusion. Dany did not go paranoid over anything. Again, she even said it in the previous episode. Anybody that's in the city is fair game as they've backed up Cersei, to which Tyrion pleads how they had no choice. So this was all about revenge, a personal was between her and Cersei, where she wanted blood.

She is not paranoid nope she thinks everybody is after her, conspire against her, that everybody hates her. The way she talked to Tyrion and mentioned Jon Snow had betrayed her. It's not just vengeance against Cersei.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well I didn't write the middle act that would lead to her doing that. But the seeds are already planted. Like she feels like he betrayed her, that he doesn't love her anymore and he is the rightful heir. Plus she is in an homicidal binje. What if she starts doing mass executions against those she feels have betrayed her or people that do not want to be with her.
Well that's my point...what if she doesn't do any of those things? What if this really just was about Cersei and showing her you can't just hide behind innocent people. Cersei had a chance to surrender and save everyone...her answer? Decapitate Missandei, and then hide in her tower behind innocent people.
Dany said ''f*** that'' and showed the world you can't so easily manipulate her.

So what happens if she settles down now, destroys the throne, gives the north to Jon, compensates the North Men and everyone who helped fairly? She still needs to die?
That is what I don't like about this ''Mad Queen'' angle. Trying to relate it to her father.
Aerys started out as a good person even was a good King for about a decade. But he gradually became worse and it wasn't until he got kidnapped and held for 6months that he started really losing it. He became very mean, vicious, sadistic, cruel, where he enjoyed hurting people, and that took time to establish. He finally went full mental to the point where he wanted to set fire to all of King's Landing because he believed he would come rise from the ashes as a dragon. The guy was bonkers and it was very very well established. Dany...well she was still on moral high ground before last episode.
Calling her the Mad Queen so quickly....it's just way too rushed, it doesn't make much sense if we compare.

About Tyrion being a Targ this has been a theory that has been floating around for a long time.
A theory that wasn't really in the show and I mean, there really isn't much substance there anyways..It would come out from absolute nowhere.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
She is not paranoid nope she thinks everybody is after her, conspire against her, that everybody hates her. The way she talked to Tyrion and mentioned Jon Snow had betrayed her. It's not just vengeance against Cersei.

Well she's not wrong. Outside of her people, she's not particularly liked. Sansa hates her. People follow Jon way way more. Varys betrayed her. She's been disrespected and belittled by pretty much every opponent, even the Dothrakis. Varys betrayed her. So did Jon. So did Tyrion, and he's lead her to make terrible decisions.
If she imagined all of this, you'd have a point, but she didn't. She's actually been pretty freaking spot on.

But hey, she showed mercy before with Jorah and Tyrion. I mean really, it's a mystery how Tyrion made it this far as the Hand.

Her reaction in King's Landing was personal with Cersei. The writers also said so. I'm paraphrasing but here goes ''When she's waiting for the Bells and stares at the Red Keep, that's where she decides to make this personal''.
So this isn't her just losing her mind going nuts here. This is about personal revenge.

Also..if she deserves to be executed for her behavior. I guess so does Greyworm and all of Jon's men who showed no restraints and joined in on this free for all. Or do they all get passes themselves?

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Well she's not wrong. Outside of her people, she's not particularly liked. Sansa hates her. People follow Jon way way more. Varys betrayed her. She's been disrespected and belittled by pretty much every opponent, even the Dothrakis. Varys betrayed her. So did Jon. So did Tyrion, and he's lead her to make terrible decisions.
If she imagined all of this, you'd have a point, but she didn't. She's actually been pretty freaking spot on.

But hey, she showed mercy before with Jorah and Tyrion. I mean really, it's a mystery how Tyrion made it this far as the Hand.

Her reaction in King's Landing was personal with Cersei. The writers also said so. I'm paraphrasing but here goes ''When she's waiting for the Bells and stares at the Red Keep, that's where she decides to make this personal''.
So this isn't her just losing her mind going nuts here. This is about personal revenge.

Also..if she deserves to be executed for her behavior. I guess so does Greyworm and all of Jon's men who showed no restraints and joined in on this free for all. Or do they all get passes themselves?
Greyworm and Jon’s men were fighting soldiers not slaughtering the innocent. Not sure if you’ve been paying attention.

I was in love with her too.... before she barbecued the innocent... once a bitch does that it’s over for me. Even Cersei was never close to that kind of cruelty, not even close..

Time to fall out of love, the bitch is evil. You’re on an emotional sinking ship.

C6A9C12D-B1C4-4C0B-BF22-C9F14AF03272.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Greyworm and Jon’s men were fighting soldiers not slaughtering the innocent. Not sure if you’ve been paying attention.

I was in love with her too.... before she barbecued the innocent... once a ***** does that it’s over for me. Even Cersei was never close to that kind of cruelty, not even close..

Time to fall out of love, the ***** is evil. You’re on an emotional sinking ship.

View attachment 227967

I guess you missed the part where those soldiers dropped their swords and surrendered? They pretty much became innocent civilians once they surrender...that's the whole point of surrendering.
Oh and Jon's man who decided to go rape that women...That was probably an isolated incident right and he was the only immoral one out there?...not.

Maybe you were in love. I never was. Dany has been annoying since the beginning. Really never cared for her character, I liked Margaery Tyrell. So I have no idea what you're babbling on about.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Creative. You'd be fun to develop a script with.

Reactions: Kimota

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I guess you missed the part where those soldiers dropped their swords and surrendered? They pretty much became innocent civilians once they surrender...that's the whole point of surrendering.
Oh and Jon's man who decided to go rape that women...That was probably an isolated incident right and he was the only immoral one out there?...not.

Maybe you were in love. I never was. Dany has been annoying since the beginning. Really never cared for her character, I liked Margaery Tyrell. So I have no idea what you're babbling on about.
Margaery Tyrell was my first choice as well... gorgeous face.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This is different. Fooking Hell of a lot different. :laugh:
Have you heard of deus ex machina? Well, my friend, you have so many dei ex machina that you successfully turned G.O.T. into a SNL comedy skit. All you're missing is Samurai Futaba.

As for this last season of G.O.T. I have to agreed with a previous poster. It has been a disappointment. Well, the writing has been a huge thumbs down. Everything else is still top notch but the writers mailed it in.....so to speak.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

This would be better than anything the show runners will end up giving us next week.

Your very last scene would be completely fitting as well as it closes that character’s arc perfectly.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I like Danaerys as a character. I dislike her as a wannabe queen because her entire claim is supported by the brute force of dragons. It's a cheap gimmick. Her lineage? Big freakin deal. Lots of people had a hereditary claim to the throne; they're dead because they didn't have monster script-bandaids flying through the air and burning anyone who disagreed. I prefer to see characters win because of cunning, strength, strategy, loyalty. If Dany wins it'll be because she has a dragon. It's like getting a job because your dad is president.

I know some people love the fantasy parts of this show. I'm not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad