OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just another day at the office for James, another 90 k.+

Yup.

Went into the Final question with $55,695 vs. $9,600 and $2,600 for his opponents.

He bet $35,117 and won a total of $90,812 for the episode.

His 16-day total now at: $1,225,987.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yup.

Went into the Final question with $55,695 vs. $9,600 and $2,600 for his opponents.

He bet $35,117 and won a total of $90,812 for the episode.

His 16-day total now at: $1,225,987.

He's a robot.
or
A reptilian.
or
Another alien race.

(well maybe I should start stocking up and memorize stuff so I can win a bit of money on the side too)

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So..... when can we start talking about End Game? :sarcasm:

Sandviper has already led the charge a few pages ago ...

Sorry to interrupt the Jeopardy and GoT thread, but early buzz is out on Endgame and the early consensus is it is epic.

I see the movie Saturday, so I have to refrain from going to any entertainment related websites.

peDWkEH.jpg

:sarcasm:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
My fantasy was shouting about what happened when I got out and saw all those people waiting to go in. But I decided I still treasure my life. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Reptilian humanoid - Wikipedia

:dunno:

I have an uncle who really believes that thing (and other weird stuff too)

I know the myth and anybody who knows rudimentary evolutionary biology knows this is just ridiculous.

Reptiles are cold blooded and do not move a lot. One key component of intellectual evolution is movement and interaction.

It's a square peg trying to be fit into a triangle hole.

Your friend should read some science instead of David Icke and other charlatans of his ilk.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I know the myth and anybody who knows rudimentary evolutionary biology knows this is just ridiculous.

Reptiles are cold blooded and do not move a lot. One key component of intellectual evolution is movement and interaction.

It's a square peg trying to be fit into a triangle hole.

Your friend should read some science instead of David Icke and other charlatans of his ilk.

He probably reads some weird stuff from other doubtful sources. Anyhow, since it's movie stuff, I can tell a small story.

At one dinner, the same he told us about reptilians, he said that the Zombie apocalypse would soon come, like before 2020. He told that the virus would come from a beauty product that is meant to make people younger (or look younger). But there would be problems and they would actually die (and become zombies)

While he was telling his story, I thought.. isn't that the story of Resident Evil :thinking:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He probably reads some weird stuff from other doubtful sources. Anyhow, since it's movie stuff, I can tell a small story.

At one dinner, the same he told us about reptilians, he said that the Zombie apocalypse would soon come, like before 2020. He told that the virus would come from a beauty product that is meant to make people younger (or look younger). But there would be problems and they would actually die (and become zombies)

While he was telling his story, I thought.. isn't that the story of Resident Evil :thinking:

Yeah he took it from the RE movies.

More plausible scenarios were in Last of Us with the actual corticep fungus and 28 Days (or the Palahniuk novel Rant) which were based on rabies.

Something that knocks off the frontal cortex would have similar effects, or something that excites the amygdala.

Reactions: overlords

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Liking "Tin Star" so far. It's been on my to-watch list for too long, but I'm glad I finally gave it a try.

Think Fargo season 1 vibe here. To those that know what I'm talking about, this is pretty rare in TV.

The "big three" here all do a great job.

P.S. It's a terrible trailer by the way, that does a bad job at capturing the spirit of the series.

P.P.S. Oh, and the soundtrack really stands out. It's so "psycho" and unnerving.

Wow the first episode started with a bang :sarcasm:. Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Oh, boy, are you in for a treat! :scared:

I can probably count on fingers of one hand the amount of TV series that feature dialogues as vibrant and clever as Justified does. The series is a classic everyone has to watch IMO.

Trying Amazon Prime is very cheap for QC residents. But there's isn't a free trial like for the rest of Canadians. After that, the service is by far the cheapest when compared to other streaming platforms, costing around $6.50 per month when paid annually.

With prime you also get 2 days shipping, Twitch Prime and the free games/dlc coming with it every month and also the basic package of Amazon Music. It's a good deal imo specially if you buy on Amazon a lot.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Somebody failed evolutionary biology :sarcasm:
You are assuming the reptiles, which control our world as we know it, were participating in our “evolutionary biology”? How quaint...
Big HP Lovecraft fan here. Couldn’t help myself LOL!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Champ James got none of the daily doubles in today's Jeopardy.

He entered the Final Question with only $29,600 vs. $4600 and $1,600 for his opponents.

He bet $20,000, taking his episode total to $49,600.

His 17-day grand total now stands at $1,275,587.

His wife was in the audience for the first time.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Champ James got none of the daily doubles in today's Jeopardy.

He entered the Final Question with only $29,600 vs. $4600 and $1,600 for his opponents.

He bet $20,000, taking his episode total to $49,600.

His 17-day grand total now stands at $1,275,587.

His wife was in the audience for the first time.
He was lucky his opponents sucked, he was beatable today.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Alright the plan for Sunday is for my Scoobee Doo gang to go see Avengers Endgame and then come home, eat some chicken wings and watch Game of Thrones. I believe I'm gonna fed up with epic battles and deaths for a long time after this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was lucky his opponents sucked, he was beatable today.

If a stronger opponent had been successful on the two daily doubles in the Double Jeopardy round, this would have been the end all right.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anybody got the Criterion channel? I've been watching a film a day since the 8 of April.

Didn't even realize it had launched.

Looked it up and it sounds a lot like the Turner classic movies channel:

The Criterion Channel, a new streaming service focused on classic films, has launched in Canada. The service offers a constantly refreshed catalogue of older films from both major and indie studios, such as Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), Lionsgate, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild and Strand Releasing. ...

A 14-day free trial is available, with a monthly subscription costing $10.99 USD ($14.63 CAD) and an annual membership priced at $99.99 USD ($133.10 CAD).

MobileSyrup.com: The Criterion Channel launches in Canada, streams more than 1000 classic films

Criterion is entering a crowded field that's about to get even more crowded. A decade late and several dollars short.

Reactions: groovejuice

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Didn't even realize it had launched.

Looked it up and it sounds a lot like the Turner classic movies channel:

The Criterion Channel, a new streaming service focused on classic films, has launched in Canada. The service offers a constantly refreshed catalogue of older films from both major and indie studios, such as Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), Lionsgate, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild and Strand Releasing. ...

A 14-day free trial is available, with a monthly subscription costing $10.99 USD ($14.63 CAD) and an annual membership priced at $99.99 USD ($133.10 CAD).

MobileSyrup.com: The Criterion Channel launches in Canada, streams more than 1000 classic films

Criterion is entering a crowded field that's about to get even more crowded. A decade late and several dollars short.

It's not really competing with any other services. No other film streaming service has répertoire films and Criterion does restauration of old films with special features like shorts films, interviews, analysis, film history documentaries and auteur commentary. It's really a thing of its own, as either you want it or not : I don't see someone wavers between prime video and Criterion.

Also they used to lend their catalog to film struck - the turner classic channel - wich closed last year and they got most of their clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad