OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
About Game of Thrones and the whole White Walkers vs the World.

A friend once said that he was really liking GoT (at season 2) because there was this big political struggle/war for power and the Iron Throne.

Yet, I told him that, after reading the books, the whole story by GRRR was far beyond that. I mean, they do say it in the series' title: A Song of Ice and Fire. I would believe that it is meant for the whole struggle of Darkness vs Light that's at the base of almost every fantasy novels. Now, back to GoT, I would believe that the purpose of the Night King/Walkers is also pretty simple: conquering the World and lay it in Darkness. The whole purpose of the Lord of Light (and Fire), R'hllor, is to crush the armies of Darkness. That's why Melisandre was urging Stannis to move up North to defeat the White army.

... but the books soon ends after those fights so who knows what Martin really planned. We barely knew anything more about the Night King.

(I stopped watching early on through season 2 btw)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
ah the rest of Snatch wasn't bad actually. The dialogue was actually even a bit better but still a lot of it falls flat when it thinks it's hitting the stratosphere. Clever (though a bit forced) how all the different strands come together. Brick Top's pretty good.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry to interrupt the Jeopardy and GoT thread, but early buzz is out on Endgame and the early consensus is it is epic.

I see the movie Saturday, so I have to refrain from going to any entertainment related websites.

peDWkEH.jpg

:sarcasm:

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Bran will wog into the night king to get him killed, killing himself in the process.. or wog into the night king just before he initially gets tranformed, all those millenias ago
My prediction is that Jamie Lannister kills the night king.

Daenerys will lose her mind and go kamikaze.
Sansa Stark will kill Daenerys.

Sansa Stark will be queen of the 7 Kingdoms.

Arya Stark will kill Cersei Lannister.
Arya will be the new leader of the Kings Guard.

Tyrion Lannister will be Sansa’s Hand and he technically still is her husband.

John Snow hates King’s Landing and will go back to Winterfell as King of the North.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

John Snow hates King’s Landing and will go back to Winterfell as King of the North.

I think Jamie will confront Cersei and she will kill him. However, makes sense if it’s Jaime who does the deed as it would fulfill her prophecy.

Greyworm is toast also. A big kiss and good-bye? Yeah, he’s not going to walk that off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guns n Roses

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Got any more? :laugh::sarcasm:

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I think Jamie will confront Cersei and she will kill him. However, makes sense if it’s Jaime who does the deed as it would fulfill her prophecy.

Greyworm is toast also. A big kiss and good-bye? Yeah, he’s not going to walk that off.
Maybe Arya Stark will kill Cersei using Jamie Lannister’s face. Jamie will kill the night king but will die fighting Daenerys, somehow Arya steals his face to go kill Cersei.

Arya crosses Cersei off of her list AND the prophecy of the brother killing her is full filled.

Reactions: sandviper

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
They're tossing out clues, but no answers. That's how the tension and anticipation are fertilized. I like that. I like to be surprised.

There's not really any clues. They are not doing anything. The whole Episode 2 was them basically sitting on their butts and drinking. At least come up with an interesting strategy before going into battle. While I loved a lot of BOB, the writing went "alright the good guys are gonna get the butts kicked and then the Vale will come save them". You could have generals think about various ways to beat the opponants and still do surprises in the middle of it. Bran is like "I'll be the bait at the tree" and that is basically the extent of their strategies. And Theon will protect him. Freakin Theon. Not the best warriors, Theon. Cannot believe these writers were paid for this. That was my problem with the whole defeating Baelish as well. Instead of doing something interesting with how Arya mastered disguises for example trying to catch Baelish. They make it seem like the two sisters hated each other and then boom they reveal it was a ruse and it feels like a Scoobee Doo reveal without much weight to it "this is the bad guy, folks!".

First of all why not Bran sitting down with everybody and go "alright Bran what are you, what are your powers, how can we use them to our advantages, we can do this and this and that". Instead they don't know what Bran is and they don't seem to care, he's just a weirdo to them. And he decides to be bait and they all along with it without logic.

Reactions: overlords

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There's not really any clues. They are not doing anything. The whole Episode 2 was them basically sitting on their butts and drinking. At least come up with an interesting strategy before going into battle. While I loved a lot of BOB, the writing went "alright the good guys are gonna get the butts kicked and then the Vale will come save them". You could have generals think about various ways to beat the opponants and still do surprises in the middle of it. Bran is like "I'll be the bait at the tree" and that is basically the extent of their strategies. And Theon will protect him. Freakin Theon. Not the best warriors, Theon. Cannot believe these writers were paid for this. That was my problem with the whole defeating Baelish as well. Instead of doing something interesting with how Arya mastered disguises for example trying to catch Baelish. They make it seem like the two sisters hated each other and then boom they reveal it was a ruse and it feels like a Scoobee Doo reveal without much weight to it "this is the bad guy, folks!".

First of all why not Bran sitting down with everybody and go "alright Bran what are you, what are your powers, how can we use them to our advantages, we can do this and this and that". Instead they don't know what Bran is and they don't seem to care, he's just a weirdo to them. And he decides to be bait and they all along with it without logic.

Paging @Mrb1p

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I don't think the Starks will have a clean sweep of the kingdom. I really don't see it.

King in the north, Queen of seven kingdoms, kingsguard, etc...

nah

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I don't think the Starks will have a clean sweep of the kingdom. I really don't see it.

King in the north, Queen of seven kingdoms, kingsguard, etc...

nah
We will see soon enough won’t we. Bookmark me and call me out if I’m wrong. I’m 100% certain that Sansa Stark will be on the Iron Throne and John Snow King in the North.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Don't we already know who the Night King is? That guy that was turned by the children of the forest? Or was that not the Night King?

I probably should have re-watched the show before getting into season 8.
Yes but who is ''that guy''...The Children of the Forest didn't just take some random guy. There's gotta be more to him, why can he fly a Dragon, why can he walk through Fire, why does he have some type of connection with Bran and Jon.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
We will see soon enough won’t we. Bookmark me and call me out if I’m wrong. I’m 100% certain that Sansa Stark will be on the Iron Throne and John Snow King in the North.

So the show ends with Sansa, Jon & Arya alive? C'mon.

Sansa has no business on iron throne anyway. She has done one thing: got help from the vale.

She didn't fight, f***ing Lyanna Mormond is going into battle and she's like 9.

Her on the iron throne would be the most pathetic ending ever. The only saving grace is if she's there with Tyrion but that seems pretty boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yes but who is ''that guy''...The Children of the Forest didn't just take some random guy. There's gotta be more to him, why can he fly a Dragon, why can he walk through Fire, why does he have some type of connection with Bran and Jon.

To be fair, I just always assumed he can ride a dragon because the dragon is a zombie and doesn't hold any former knowledge of what the criteria is. He controls the dead, they are dead. Hell, he could control a stark, a wildling or whoever, doesn't mean they like him.

I figured him walking through fire was part of his magic.

Not saying they can't be factors, I'm just saying it could also be at face value he's riding a zombie he controls. Period.

As for bran, yeah, that's a big one.

What's his connection to Jon? None has ever been established as far as I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia