OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
To be fair, I just always assumed he can ride a dragon because the dragon is a zombie and doesn't hold any former knowledge of what the criteria is. He controls the dead, they are dead. Hell, he could control a stark, a wildling or whoever, doesn't mean they like him.

I figured him walking through fire was part of his magic.

Not saying they can't be factors, I'm just saying it could also be at face value he's riding a zombie he controls. Period.

As for bran, yeah, that's a big one.

What's his connection to Jon? None has ever been established as far as I remember.
Some creatures have more mythical powers...If they kill Jamie Lannister...raise him, hes just a normal man. Dani..Jon...Dragons...Bran...they're different beasts.
But yes, I suppose it could all mean nothing.

Didnt he let Jon live at one point when he could have killed him? He also has these constant staredowns with him, I think theres more to it than “you just my enemy”.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So the show ends with Sansa, Jon & Arya alive? C'mon.

Sansa has no business on iron throne anyway. She has done one thing: got help from the vale.

She didn't fight, ****ing Lyanna Mormond is going into battle and she's like 9.

Her on the iron throne would be the most pathetic ending ever. The only saving grace is if she's there with Tyrion but that seems pretty boring.
Cersei is gonna keep her throne.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Some creatures have more mythical powers...If they kill Jamie Lannister...raise him, hes just a normal man. Dani..Jon...Dragons...Bran...they're different beasts.
But yes, I suppose it could all mean nothing.

Didnt he let Jon live at one point when he could have killed him? He also has these constant staredowns with him, I think theres more to it than “you just my enemy”.

I don't recall that. He sent plenty of the dead after Jon so...

I think the best case is there is a relation but I don't think he spared Jon just yet.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Possibly. She made it this far without dying.

Sansa queen in the north, Jon dead or off in the abyss. He may be perfect for the throne but seems only natural he rejects it or dies.

I think most of the main protagonists like Cersei, Jon, Dany won't get the Throne. Would be something if Sansa gets it but the current ruler of Winterfell is like f*** this, the North is independant and Sansa is like ah crap.

Probably nobody will get the Throne cause it's really the source of all conflicts. Especially in the book, I'm predicting GRRM will come up with a new system that will come into place maybe with a couple of leaders/thinkers as a sort of council.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We will see soon enough won’t we. Bookmark me and call me out if I’m wrong. I’m 100% certain that Sansa Stark will be on the Iron Throne and John Snow King in the North.

Dont wanna burst your bubble buddy, but Tyrion will end-up on the Iron throne. GRRM put a big tell in the first novel. Tyrion will be King, but it wll be some sort of democratic process.

And incidently, they're already propping him up for that in the first two episodes of season 8. All those things being said of Tyrion. If Dani keeps her word and convinces Jon to break the wheel, how many of them would chose Tyrion? Probably all of them. Sansa respects his decency and intelligence. Jorah, Varis, Jon, Dani.

Wait for a scene where that big grouch from the Eyrie will finally warm-up to a man he has despised since season one.

If that scene comes up, you can bet Tyrion will sit on a throne, but im not entirely sure the iron throne will still exist.

Last edited:

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Dont wanna burst your bubble buddy, but Tyrion will end-up on the Iron throne. GRRM put a big tell in the first novel. Tyrion will be King, but it wll be some sort of democratic process.

And incidently, they're already propping him up for that in the first two episodes of season 8. All those things being said of Tyrion. If Dani keeps her word and convinces Jon to break the wheel, how many of them would chose Tyrion? Probably all of them. Sansa respects his decency and intelligence. Jorah, Varis, Jon, Dani.

Wait for a scene where that big grouch from the Eyrie will finally warm-up to a man he has despised since season one.

If that scene comes up, you can bet Tyrion will sit on a throne, but im not entirely sure the iron throne will still exist.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Tyrion has been a horrible Hand to Daenerys, stupid decision after stupid decision. You’re way off here bud, Daenerys is going mad and turning on everyone. If I need a party planner to find me prostitutes and alcohol then I’ll ask Tyrion, that’s all he’s good for.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
So the show ends with Sansa, Jon & Arya alive? C'mon.

Sansa has no business on iron throne anyway. She has done one thing: got help from the vale.

She didn't fight, ****ing Lyanna Mormond is going into battle and she's like 9.

Her on the iron throne would be the most pathetic ending ever. The only saving grace is if she's there with Tyrion but that seems pretty boring.
She will kill Daenerys, that will be her big coup. They have been building her up to sit on the Iron Throne. She has always wanted to be Queen. John Snow hates Kings Landing. Tyrion is a bumbling idiot at this point and is directly responsible for giving the Night King a dragon. His underlying love and double interest for his sister Cersei has rendered him a useless Buffon. None of the remaining Stark children will die, even Theon Greyjoy will live threw this whole thing.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
She will kill Daenerys, that will be her big coup. They have been building her up to sit on the Iron Throne. She has always wanted to be Queen. John Snow hates Kings Landing. Tyrion is a bumbling idiot at this point and is directly responsible for giving the Night King a dragon. His underlying love and double interest for his sister Cersei has rendered him a useless Buffon. None of the remaining Stark children will die, even Theon Greyjoy will live threw this whole thing.

Theon will die, I am certain of it... “I’ll protect Bran” or whatever he said? LOL, see ya Theon.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Episode 3 death list:

Sansa
Brienne
Davos
Gendry
Theon
Varys
Jorah
Tormund
Beric
Lyanna Mormont
Grey Worm - First death.
Lord Royce
Edd

Maybe they don't all die, but I think 85% of this list are gone. Theon will die for sure.

I don't think they'll defeat the NK next episode. Whoever is left will retreat, to the Iron Islands or the Eyrie.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Tyrion has been a horrible Hand to Daenerys, stupid decision after stupid decision. You’re way off here bud, Daenerys is going mad and turning on everyone. If I need a party planner to find me prostitutes and alcohol then I’ll ask Tyrion, that’s all he’s good for.

You're falling for the bait.

How many movies have you seen a hero fail only to redeem himself.

They are preparing exactly what I am saying by having Jorah go up to Dani and defend him. Sansa did the same. They'll all be behind Tyrion once he comes and saves the day. He's the unlikely hero, the unlikely king. And it also fits with breaking the wheel. Dani will become desillusioned of her own goals, of sitting on the throne, because she isn't the heir anymore, while Jon will just not want it and he'll be the one to destroy the monarchy system that was implanted by his name sake.

BTW, i already have some very good predictions from season 5, 6 and 7 that came to pass.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Episode 3 death list:

Sansa
Brienne
Davos
Gendry
Theon
Varys
Jorah
Tormund
Beric
Lyanna Mormont
Grey Worm - First death.
Lord Royce
Edd

Maybe they don't all die, but I think 85% of this list are gone. Theon will die for sure.

I don't think they'll defeat the NK next episode. Whoever is left will retreat, to the Iron Islands or the Eyrie.

Sansa, Jorah, Tormund and Brienne will survive.

Bran won't. Im pretty sure Bran will be central to the night king's end, leading to his own death.

I think Dani might die before tge night king, or at least one of her two dragons.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019

They are preparing exactly what I am saying by having Jorah go up to Dani and defend him. Sansa did the same. They'll all be behind Tyrion once he comes and saves the day. He's the unlikely hero, the unlikely king. And it also fits with breaking the wheel. Dani will become desillusioned of her own goals, of sitting on the throne, because she isn't the heir anymore, while Jon will just not want it and he'll be the one to destroy the monarchy system that was implanted by his name sake.

BTW, i already have some very good predictions from season 5, 6 and 7 that came to pass.
I guess we will find out soon won’t we. Best show ever by far. Nothing even comes close.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Sansa, Jorah, Tormund and Brienne will survive.

Bran won't. Im pretty sure Bran will be central to the night king's end, leading to his own death.

I think Dani might die before tge night king, or at least one of her two dragons.

I picked Sansa because I think one of Arya and her are dying next episode and I see Arya making it through. I expect a lot of characters to die during the battle, maybe I'm picking too many :laugh:

I think both Bran and Dany make it through Sunday but won't be alive by the end. Going into this season I thought Dany had a decent shot at making it to the end, but these first two episodes have definitely changed that.

Bran will for sure play a part with the Night King.

So many theories out there and in my head...can't wait for Sunday.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

I don't buy your optimism WRT tyrion but will give you credit if it shakes out that way.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Also curious to see how many current characters or former characters become wights. Will we see Hodor again?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I thought about that angle, and we as watchers have known the existence and seriousness threat since day 1, but as far as the characters in the show go, they've all been aware of the gravity of the situation for only a couple seasons.

The bulk of the show has been about the iron throne, and it would have been fine as it is even if you took the entire white walker aspect out of it. Now that the threat is known by everyone, I guess you could comment on the pettiness of Cersei, Dany and Sansa regarding stuff that really shouldn't be a concern considering what they're facing, but is that really just it?

I get where you're coming from with the climate change parallel, but to me that's a bit far fetched. It might help in terms of rationalizing the situation in our own frame of perception, but it doesn't give a purpose to the white walkers within the story. Then again, it's not like they need to have a higher purpose, but considering the depth of the show, that's what I've come to expect.

Well the Red Woman and by extension Stannis would have known, though I guess a case could me made that Stannis didn't truly believe. The Night's watch have known about the situation since almost the beginning but they certainly struggled with convincing the majority of people about the threat (Which again parallels climate change). Plenty of stories have used some irresistible force of nature as the backdrop that plays a big part in the why for many other story arcs. For example Jamie's redemption arc only happens because of the white walker threat, Jon's dying for the Night Watch only happens because he saves the wilding, and he does that because of the white walker threat, etc...

Honestly if there was some important purpose I would've expected to have gotten more info about it by now. Waiting until the last few episodes seems a bit cheap.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't buy your optimism WRT tyrion but will give you credit if it shakes out that way.

Im going by the fact GRRM said he left a lot of clues in the first few books especially the first one and in the first book there's a passage where someone comes into Tyrion's room while he's standing in front of the room's balcony and looks at Tyrion's shadow and the person whims "for a moment, I saw the shadow of a king"

That's the kinda tell he's done throughout the books

Reactions: BehindTheTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->