OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
So, I saw Endgame this evening. Solid flick and I thought a satisfying payoff to 22 movies. Personally liked Infinity War more, but for different reasons.

Ending was incredible though. Getting both Batman and Superman to show up was cool :D

I’m just glad they finally put Ant-Man to use :sarcasm:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
God damn, Tin Star is weird, dark, uneasy, violent all at once. It's totally nuts is what I'm saying.

Just to give you an idea, there's an opening sequence which is meant to be a typical, generic "hooray" ad for an oil company describing to its viewer how many benefits refined oil adds to our lives, including cosmetics. All while there's a dead kid being put makeup on for a funeral.

I have to take my time watching it as it isn't a show you could binge on. It's too difficult to watch for prolonged stretches. There doesn't seem to be a line this show isn't willing to cross.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Not even spoiling anything, but I'd still feel like a dick not using spoiler tags.

I was never a huge fan of that character before Endgame for some reason, but he was awesome in the movie.

I agree. The opening scene was also a real heart wrencher for me. As a father, that feeling of panic and hopelessness is my worse fear.

I also don’t know how it was in all your cinemas, but the scene just when the words were uttered “I knew it”, my theatre just erupted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Tricolore

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I agree. The opening scene was also a real heart wrencher for me. As a father, that feeling of panic and hopelessness is my worse fear.

I also don’t know how it was in all your cinemas, but the scene just when the words were uttered “I knew it”, my theatre just erupted.
Yep, was the same in my theater. I think the coolest moment for me was the "Five.................................................... years later" part. Everyone in the room let out a gasp at the same time.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yep, was the same in my theater. I think the coolest moment for me was the "Five.................................................... years later" part. Everyone in the room let out a gasp at the same time.

Yeah, that got a bunch of people murmuring in my theatre also. Lots of moments in the movie really got the crowd reacting. I think a lot of people choked on their popcorn laughing when Rocket and the Hulk met the King.

I also wasn’t impressed with Captain Marvel’s powers in her movie, but man, she kicked ass in a big way in this one.

Reactions: Redux91

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What is the best end of movie you like ?
I go with Bad Santa. That chubby twirled blond hair kid who would be bullied by this f*** teenager, if, if, well, this kid knows how to kick in the g**s. I liked the practice at the rink gym, lol.
Usually I hate that kind of italian classic music but only this time I liked it a lot. It fits perfectly with this end. And it's a dawn good movie too.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
As great as episode was I want to say without giving spoilers that I thought we'd know more about the NK. I'm sad about that.

So did I.

I feel like I don't care anymore about Cersei.

But I guess the tile is Game of Thrones and not Game of Zombies. Last 3 episodes will be all about the Throne.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah, that got a bunch of people murmuring in my theatre also. Lots of moments in the movie really got the crowd reacting. I think a lot of people choked on their popcorn laughing when Rocket and the Hulk met the King.

I also wasn’t impressed with Captain Marvel’s powers in her movie, but man, she kicked ass in a big way in this one.

I thought Captain Marvel was underused in the movie. I mean, isn't she supposed to be the most powerful Avenger?[/sp0iler]

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I thought Captain Marvel was underused in the movie. I mean, isn't she supposed to be the most powerful Avenger?[/sp0iler]

My reaction when she showed up was like “we coulda used your help like 15 minutes earlier”

I was ok with her usage. It was the core six’s swan song, so I was fine with it.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
My reaction when she showed up was like “we coulda used your help like 15 minutes earlier”

I was ok with her usage. It was the core six’s swan song, so I was fine with it.

Well, they could have used her help in the first movie. Like you said, I understand she wasn't there so much, it was the others' end while she will be back.

About Thor...

He had funny moments but I thought his story arc wasn't a nice end at all. He drinks, he gets fat and and looks stupid all movie. Why?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Bran did **** all. NK basically has no real deep purpose. It was kind of a let down. Going back to Cersei now seems like a downgrade.

About GOT

Hopefully we'll understand later on. If it is over, it's lame.

Are they going to make a thing of the NK not being killed by fire? When I saw this I was like wow the big reveal is coming the NK is a Targaryen.

Also, I thought there would be more important deaths.

Reactions: Guilliam and Kimota

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I felt a bit let down by GOT tonight.

The NK was a throw-in and that last scene with him was anticlimactic - except for Arya herself. I've broken beer glasses more dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad