Leon Draisatl - time to prove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He is better then Eichel though.... I know it hurts but its the truth man. Leftovers , top players, with McDavid, Without McDavid .... primary assists, secondary assists ... it is what it is, sorry man.

eichel is the superior player

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Perfect, so if LD does go on a scoring drought in McDavid's absence, Oiler fans better not be shifting the blame onto RNH and Yamamoto.
Drai is allowed to go through slumps. He went through one for a month and he still sits alone at the top

Reactions: dukeofjive

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
The Oilers' top 6 forward group is a bit of a house of cards. Three excellent players trying to drag anyone with a pulse into the top 6. Not sure it says much about Drai if the house collapses.

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge
I’m assuming this is a joke
Why? Are you struggling with the letters or the numbers?
Even "Separated" McDavid is still involved in 40% of Draisaitl's points.
That's not normal for a 1C/2C dynamic.
You can't continue to beat the drum that a guy is an elite C, who carries his own line, when 40% of the points you use to prove it, are scored with the other top center.

I compared Draisaitl and Lindholm over the last 20 games, because both have gone from playing wing with the teams top C, to centering the 2nd lines.
In that time, Lindholm has 15 points without Monahan, and Draisiatil has 18 points without McDavid.
One is touted as an elite top center, and the other isn't anywhere near that conversation.... Pretty strange dynamic.

Draisiatl is a hell of a hockey player, but he is not an Elite top Center in the league.... outside of the last 20 games he's been a winger for the better part of his career.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Leon Draisaitl is the superior player.

classic case of small man syndrome.

Nothing wrong with having a top 10 player. He isn't top 3 though.
Sure Divesaitl is better than Jeff Skinner, but unless all you do it stat watch it’s easy to see that Eichel is the far superior player

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Why? Are you struggling with the letters or the numbers?
Even "Separated" McDavid is still involved in 40% of Draisaitl's points.
That's not normal for a 1C/2C dynamic.
You can't continue to beat the drum that a guy is an elite C, who carries his own line, when 40% of the points you use to prove it, are scored with the other top center.

I compared Draisaitl and Lindholm over the last 20 games, because both have gone from playing wing with the teams top C, to centering the 2nd lines.
In that time, Lindholm has 15 points without Monahan, and Draisiatil has 18 points without McDavid.
One is touted as an elite top center, and the other isn't anywhere near that conversation.... Pretty strange dynamic.

Draisiatl is a hell of a hockey player, but he is not an Elite top Center in the league.... outside of the last 20 games he's been a winger for the better part of his career.
You listed a 20 game sample size as your argument in which Draisaitl has scored 11 more points than Lindholm; that is 45 more points over an entire season. I’m not sure how that helps to prove any sort of point you want to make lol

Of course Draisaitl still shares points with McDavid. Elite players putting up elite production on the PP together is not a bad thing. Maybe if Lindholm was a better player he could come close to what Drai is doing.

Lindholm is completely invisible when he is not scoring. I didn’t notice him once other than his fluke goal in the last BoA. Draisaitl dominated the Flames. There is a reason one player is viewed by the majority as a top player in the league and the other is nowhere close.

Shall I continue?

Reactions: dss97

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Which is what he has done this season.

the uninformed ....

:loony:

Uhhhhhhh, he leads the league in scoring

Anyone who still doubts him is clearly being willfully ignorant at this point

Anyone still pushing that "product of McDavid" crap is why there's an ignore function on here. Same with those people who say "Carter will retire if he's traded" literally every time his name comes up. I highly recommend people use the ignore function more. It really cleans the place up.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
No one is saying he is a bad players by any means. Top 20 player in the league, but he's always had the McDavid crutch and so far has been on the ice 70% with McDavid. That is a lot of time to already "prove" he can do it on his own.

And their schedule isnt awful for the next could weeks, but hardly easy either.
lol

leads the league in scoring and torching the league a new one the last 15 games

over 50 goals and 105 points last year

won the skills passing drill, and almost won the accurate shooter contest this year .....

homers on HF:

might be a top 20 player.

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge
You listed a 20 game sample size as your argument in which Draisaitl has scored 11 more points than Lindholm; that is 45 more points over an entire season. I’m not sure how that helps to prove any sort of point you want to make lol

Of course Draisaitl still shares points with McDavid. Elite players putting up elite production on the PP together is not a bad thing. Maybe if Lindholm was a better player he could come close to what Drai is doing.

Lindholm is completely invisible when he is not scoring. I didn’t notice him once other than his fluke goal in the last BoA. Draisaitl dominated the Flames. There is a reason one player is viewed by the majority as a top player in the league and the other is nowhere close.

Shall I continue?
The argument isn't who's the better player. It's that Draisaitl is not an elite top 5 center in the league like many Oil fans are declaring him to be.
"Elite players put up elite points with other elite players" sure. 40% of Draisaitls points are scored on the powerplay, and 40% of Draisaitls points are scored with McDavid.
So, he's at best an 80 point center without McDavid. That's solid, but not elite top 5.

If you want to argue that, put up the data to support your argument rather than "ya, buts"

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The argument isn't who's the better player. It's that Draisaitl is not an elite top 5 center in the league like many Oil fans are declaring him to be.
"Elite players put up elite points with other elite players" sure. 40% of Draisaitls points are scored on the powerplay, and 40% of Draisaitls points are scored with McDavid.
So, he's at best an 80 point center without McDavid. That's solid, but not elite top 5.

If you want to argue that, put up the data to support your argument rather than "ya, buts"
Thank you for saying exactly what I wanted to but couldnt put the words intelligently together. This is spot on.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
lol

won the skills passing drill, and almost won the accurate shooter contest this year .....

homers on HF:

He may be, but weve never seen it without mcDavid. Like many have said, Malkin did it without Crosby and that shut up the haters. Draisaitl's turn.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Nothing will silence the critics...hes been 2ppg sine centering his own line...If he does well in the next 3 weeks there will be an excuse...if he does poorly the haters will feast.
This

Prove what, he already leads the league in points without playing with McD 5 on 5.
This

Not a single player in this league can carry that Oilers depth to success. Not even McDavid (without Drai). It really is an impossible task for Draisaitl.

If they go 4-6-0 that has to be considered a success. If they somehow stay in the playoff race at all.
And this

Interesting that probably the biggest Oiler hater on the site started this thread :laugh::popcorn:

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
lol

homers on HF:

Look, I think Drai is a fantastic player and well worthy of accolades buuuuuuut using "won passing drill" at the fn all star game isnt something to hang a hat on.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011

You can’t just eliminate Draisaitl’s time with McDavid and then assume he would score 0 points in the time in which McD is replaced by other players hahaha especially on the PP

Your logic is seriously lacking here

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge
You can’t just eliminate Draisaitl’s time with McDavid and then assume he would score 0 points in the time in which McD is replaced by other players hahaha especially on the PP

Your logic is seriously lacking here

Lol, logic, cute.

You cant just assume Draisaitl would replicate his production without McDavid. I inflated his numbers without McDavid to account for obvious production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad