Leon Draisatl - time to prove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Lol, logic, cute.

You cant just assume Draisaitl would replicate his production without McDavid. I inflated his numbers without McDavid to account for obvious production.
I never said he would replicate the same numbers. If you think Draisaitl is an 80 point player without McDavid then it’s clear you haven’t watched the player

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Lol, logic, cute.

You cant just assume Draisaitl would replicate his production without McDavid. I inflated his numbers without McDavid to account for obvious production.

Lol no, you willfully neglected to include his recent production without 97 to come up with a blanket statement on his max production without McDavid.

In other words...

No logic in your post.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Malkin from 11-12 says hello.
Compare the rosters......
He still had a 40 goal scorer, a top goalie, two very solid wingers, solid dmen, etc....
What malkin did was amazing, and i believe drai is not at his level.... But i dont think its right to compare the talent of the two teams...

Reactions: Oilers 322

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge
Lol no, you willfully neglected to include his recent production without 97 to come up with a blanket statement on his max production without McDavid.

In other words...

No logic in your post.
Did you look at the data I provided?
It's a breakdown of all his points over the last 20 games where he has been centering line 2. I then included a production bump comparative to another center in the same situation for Powerplay points with 1C included.
It came out to 1.0ppg, which isnt a ad thing. But it brings him to being an 80 point center, not the 100+ point winger he is with McDavid.

I'm really not sure what's so hard to understand. You've provided no evidence or factual data to prove your side of the argument, but just ignore the data put in front of you, because it's not what you want to see.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He may be, but weve never seen it without mcDavid. Like many have said, Malkin did it without Crosby and that shut up the haters. Draisaitl's turn.

It's good that you're comparing Leon Draisaitl to prime Malkin...

Then why is Eichel even in the same thread as Leon as per your posts indicate ?

You speak the truth then become illogical all in the same thread

Is Eichel better then Prime Malkin ? Please enlighten HF

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It's a breakdown of all his points over the last 20 games where he has been centering line 2. I then included a production bump comparative to another center in the same situation for Powerplay points with 1C included.
It came out to 1.0ppg, which isnt a ad thing. But it brings him to being an 80 point center, not the 100+ point winger he is with McDavid.

I'm really not sure what's so hard to understand. You've provided no evidence or factual data to prove your side of the argument, but just ignore the data put in front of you, because it's not what you want to see.

Just pure logic indicates he is better then a 100 point winger already. 105 last year and on pace for a ludicrous 127 this year.

100 ? 80 ? The guy is at close to 2 ppg for almost a month without 97.

His main weapon...an undersized rookie....who had proven nothing in the NHL until he was put on Draisaitls wing.

Step back... relax. Let the heartbeat calm down. Think logically.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011

The only point your post proves is that Leon is an elite player/PP player and is vastly superior to Lindholm

This apparent 80 pts came out of thin air

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge
Just pure logic indicates he is better then a 100 point winger already. 105 last year and on pace for a ludicrous 127 this year.

His main weapon...an undersized rookie....who had proven nothing in the NHL until he was put on Draisaitls wing.

Oiler fan logic: "dont cherry pick stats without McDavid to show how he produces without McDavid, in a few games he was almost a 2.0ppg players" (Lucic is a 2.5ppg player over his last 2 games by the way).
I provided stats from a 20 game span where Draisaitl played very well as a center. Those stats also showed that of his 29 points (1.45ppg), almost 40% of them still included McDavid.

Now he doesnt have McDavid, So is it not safe to assume he won't be getting that McDavid boost? Even if it's only reduced by half, hes 23 points in 20 games, but now he gets the toughest assignments, not secondary defenders. He's gonna take a dip from that. I dont think a point per game player is unreasonable.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Oiler fan logic: "dont cherry pick stats without McDavid to show how he produces without McDavid, in a few games he was almost a 2.0ppg players" (Lucic is a 2.5ppg player over his last 2 games by the way).
I provided stats from a 20 game span where Draisaitl played very well as a center. Those stats also showed that of his 29 points (1.45ppg), almost 40% of them still included McDavid.

Now he doesnt have McDavid, So is it not safe to assume he won't be getting that McDavid boost? Even if it's only reduced by half, hes 23 points in 20 games, but now he gets the toughest assignments, not secondary defenders. He's gonna take a dip from that. I dont think a point per game player is unreasonable.
The Draisaitl sample size isn't 2 games
And yea, 40% of his production included McDavid because he still produces on the powerplay. He shouldn't be penalized for producing on the PP as well as ES

wretched34

Dec 16, 2013
Lethbridge
The Draisaitl sample size isn't 2 games
And yea, 40% of his production included McDavid because he still produces on the powerplay. He shouldn't be penalized for producing on the PP as well as ES

No body is penalizing him, just saying, when you don't have the luxury of playing with McDavid you don't get that boost. Just ask Maroon, Kassian, Lucic, Chaisson....

Apparently numbers are hard, so I'll leave, because I can't keep going around in circles.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
No body is penalizing him, just saying, when you don't have the luxury of playing with McDavid you don't get that boost. Just ask Maroon, Kassian, Lucic, Chaisson....

Apparently numbers are hard, so I'll leave, because I can't keep going around in circles.
His ES production off of McDavid's line is still great. None of those players produced at ES away from McDavid.

Jan 21, 2018
Nothing will silence the critics...hes been 2ppg sine centering his own line...If he does well in the next 3 weeks there will be an excuse...if he does poorly the haters will feast.

If he does poor in the next 3 weeks there will be an excuse...if he does well the homers will feast.

^Look I can make terrible posts too

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Tippett should go full Tippett and clog the game down like crazy while converting on the PP and squeezing out 2-1 SO wins. Call up enough fast hungry players while stapling James Neal to the bench except for PPs and it may work

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box

Except that 's not true at all......

.....40% of his points have come from playing with McDavid.

Who's being willfully ignorant??

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Oh my God... Draisaitl didn't get the first goal without McDavid... What a bum.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

You can say that for every single player in the history of the game who has played with a superstar.

"But he plays with McDavid" has always been a bad argument and looks even worse since Draisaitl moved to his own line six weeks ago (14 games). He has 17 "non-McDavid" points in those games and has another one tonight so far.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I was a fairly strong doubter but I think he's already proven himself so far this year. I do think his (and the team's) production will take a hit on the power play but I think Draisaitl will keep going at 5v5.

Why did you doubt him last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad