Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I think its time we start thinking of Draisaitl as a winger. Darn good winger, one of the best. Fair price going forward as well.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I just think he is over paid. Yes they are a dynamic duo. But shouldn't second line center also lead he's own line? Not just be productive with Mcdavid.

I mean that Oilers problems are deep. Deeper then many understand.

Funny how sensitive Oilers fans are to their " golden egs"
No, he should just be scoring where he's scoring. And he's absolutely not overpaid in the slightest

Oilers fans aren't sensitive, garbage and narrow observations designed to antagonize rather then discourse will be met with little in the way of "sensitivity"

You're basically parroting garbage you've hear and passing it off a deep thought, all of it basically not correct.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It's official.

After nearly six days of voting, when taking contracts in to consideration, Draisaitl earned 254 Hf votes versus Matthews 239 votes. That's quite a few votes for a poll.

Hf chose him over Matthews. Barely, but still chose him.

This should put to rest his value. Guy should be an Oiler for life.

Draisaitl @ 8.5/8yrs vrs Matthews @ 11.63/5yrs

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It's official.

After nearly six days of voting, when taking contracts in to consideration, Draisaitl earned 254 Hf votes versus Matthews 239 votes. That's quite a few votes for a poll.

Hf chose him over Matthews. Barely, but still chose him.

This should put to rest his value. Guy should be an Oiler for life.

Draisaitl @ 8.5/8yrs vrs Matthews @ 11.63/5yrs
You mean 254 "Leafs haters" voted against the golden child.

/sarcasm

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I mean, he'll probably do it this year. Then what will the haters say?

Better goal scorer which I value more than playmaking. I also think he's more capable of driving his own line than Drai.
Fair enough. Then what will haters say? Probably say he’s an 11.5 million 70 point player hahaha

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mean, he'll probably do it this year. Then what will the haters say?

Better goal scorer which I value more than playmaking. I also think he's more capable of driving his own line than Drai.
When he hits 70 points then that's good. I'll have to see it happen.

Draisaitl also had a higher ppg the last 3 years. You can argue all you want why he do but he is a fact

Draisaitl at 8.5 mill or Matthews at 11.6 mill.

For their actual production Draisaitl gives you very similar for much less.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
When he hits 70 points then that's good. I'll have to see it happen.

I mean, he's a PPG player again. He plays the last 25 games, 70 points will be easy.

Draisaitl also had a higher ppg the last 3 years. You can argue all you want why he do but he is a fact

Matthews is the better 5v5 producer and he's two years younger. He also doesn't get to play with McDavid.

Draisaitl at 8.5 mill or Matthews at 11.6 mill.

For their actual production Draisaitl gives you very similar for much less.

I agree Drai's contract will be a bargain for a complimentary winger for McDavid.

Matthews' role is a bit different.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Chiasson: (yesterday)

"I love watching Leon Draisaitl play, the way he creates space, openings, and I'm trying to bring some of that to my game"

This is in context to Chiassons struggles in 2019 only scoring 1 goal after a blizzard the first few months of the season. Chiasson talked about having more trouble getting open now and that coverage now includes him when he's on the topline and that he's never experienced this before.

Its interesting that he's looking to Draisaitl who protects the puck, creates, and creates space as much as anybody in the league.

Good for Chiasson to pick up on this and I've noticed him realizing he needs more tenacity as well in his game.

Reactions: The Nuge

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Chiasson: (yesterday)

"I love watching Leon Draisaitl play, the way he creates space, openings, and I'm trying to bring some of that to my game"

This is in context to Chiassons struggles in 2019 only scoring 1 goal after a blizzard the first few months of the season. Chiasson talked about having more trouble getting open now and that coverage now includes him when he's on the topline and that he's never experienced this before.

Its interesting that he's looking to Draisaitl who protects the puck, creates, and creates space as much as anybody in the league.

Good for Chiasson to pick up on this and I've noticed him realizing he needs more tenacity as well in his game.
Chiasson seems to be a good adapter. He took tips from Ovie stick wise and it seems to have helped. Now he is watching drai. I like players that continue to commit to getting better.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Matthews is the better 5v5 producer and he's two years younger. He also doesn't get to play with McDavid

True, but he is also playing on a much better team with d-men who can actually move the puck.

Matthews is the better player but I think Drai has more innate talent. I would love to see what Drai could do with a true sniper on his line. A Laine/Ovi/Tarasenko/Stamkos/Pastrnak type. Or even just someone like DeBrincat or Arvidsson. He's never had that type of linemate that can bury his feeds.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Confirmed by Craig Button. Drai just doesn't play with the pace needed to not be a lazy <100 point pacer.

To think, One extra stride on the rush could be the difference in being a mere double digit point getter versus a triple point getter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad