Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
If you want a laugh goto the main board. Calgarians losing their shit lol.

Had to break out the Happy Gilmore "psycho" gif and dont need that very often

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Legit chemistry with McDavid.

FT3hHH6.png

Reactions: space321

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
does anyone have the twitter post or whatever it was that shows other players like taveres, mackinnon, etc dont get very many points without playing without their star players as well?

Olof

Jan 17, 2019
Draisaitel is one the problems that will pop up in the near future. He can't product a goal scoring game at his own line. Yes with Mcdavid. But a desent team has two to three good centers and atleast two strong offensive lines. Oilers has one really good one and then they have two ok ones ( centers). And one good line build around Mcdavid..I think Draisaitel is way over payed.. Without Mcdavid can't produce.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Draisaitel is one the problems that will pop up in the near future. He can't product a goal scoring game at his own line. Yes with Mcdavid. But a desent team has two to three good centers and atleast two strong offensive lines. Oilers has one really good one and then they have two ok ones ( centers). And one good line build around Mcdavid..I think Draisaitel is way over payed.. Without Mcdavid can't produce.

upload_2019-2-7_13-23-12.jpeg

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

I know some people that offer ESL lessons. Are you interested?

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
giphy.gif

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

lol okay, but he is 1 goal away from 2nd in the entire NHL in goals (only under ovechkin) and is top-10 in total scoring.

Maybe we should ease up on Draisaitl?

Reactions: Duke74 and TB12

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Draisaitl is top 5 in goal scoring this year. Doesn't matter how or who with he is scoring them. The fact he is doing what he is doing is impressive enough.
I thought he was supposed to score 50 a year with lucic and puljujarvi as his wingers or bust.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Legit chemistry with McDavid.

FT3hHH6.png

Extremely illuminating.

Should really put to rest the notion that Draisaitl is a product of McDavid. The players are the most dynamic duo in the league. The both benefit hugely playing together. Drai helps McDavid nearly as much as the other way around.

Dude needs some respect. Not just from non-Oiler fans. But from a shit tonne of Oiler fans too.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Extremely illuminating.

Should really put to rest the notion that Draisaitl is a product of McDavid. The players are the most dynamic duo in the league. The both benefit hugely playing together. Drai helps McDavid nearly as much as the other way around.

Dude needs some respect. Not just from non-Oiler fans. But from a **** tonne of Oiler fans too.
And some more (5-on-5 this season):

Leon Draisaitl
With McDavid: 25 points in 497:55 (3.01 p/60)
Without McDavid: 11 in 369:39 (1.79)
Difference: -1.22

Connor McDavid
With Draisaitl: 29 points in 497:55 (3.50 p/60)
Without Draisaitl: 14 in 419:06 (2.00)
Difference: -1.50

Last edited:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018

Draisaitl is not the problem, he is part of the solution. We are damn lucky to have him alongisde McDavid, or as our #2 center. Imagine if we drafted Bennett that year instead of Leon, we'd be drooling at the idea of Drai and McDavid playing together. They were the best duo in the NHL in 2016-17, and are 2 pts back from being the best duo this season.
He was also our MVP in the playoffs 2 years ago, 2nd in the playoffs point race before we got eliminated.

"Without McDavid can't produce". Well, I think it's safe to say (with the above poster's stats) without Draisaitl, McDavid wouldn't be as productive either

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The team is better with the three centers. You can deploy them in a number of ways including having all three together on the pp. If your trade one of Nuge or Draisaitl as seems to be the popular feeling around here right now that flexibility goes out the window. It stuns me to see so many people wanting to do just that.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Draisaitl is not the problem, he is part of the solution. We are damn lucky to have him alongisde McDavid, or as our #2 center. Imagine if we drafted Bennett that year instead of Leon, we'd be drooling at the idea of Drai and McDavid playing together. They were the best duo in the NHL in 2016-17, and are 2 pts back from being the best duo this season.
He was also our MVP in the playoffs 2 years ago, 2nd in the playoffs point race before we got eliminated.

"Without McDavid can't produce". Well, I think it's safe to say (with the above poster's stats) without Draisaitl, McDavid wouldn't be as productive either
If you are the opposition and you are facing McDavid with Riff and Raft on his wings what do you do. Do you put your best defensive pair on him and have a forward follow him around the ice where ever he goes. The only way this does not work is if there is someone else on that line who can exploit the extra room. And if that guy happens to be an actual goal scorer who thinks the game like McDavid all the better.

The team is better off with the option of these two together. They are better than the sum of their parts.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I know it won´t happen...but imagine:

Leon with the Rocket and Connor with the Art Ross and we still manage to be not in the playoffs...:huh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Extremely illuminating.

Dude needs some respect. Not just from non-Oiler fans. But from a **** tonne of Oiler fans too.

Its also illumination on the other GF/GA graph that Perfect provided that Connor W RNH doesn't even float. They have negative goal differential W/O Draisaitl. That should be shocking to anybody suggesting that should be the line. RNH benefits substantially points wise with being paired with McD but the pair of them together don't even out score. Additionally anytime Nuge is paired with Drai the results are abysmal in goal differential.

Paradoxically, and this is credit to Nuge, but with his experience he fares better than one might expect W/O McD or Drai. Having a superstar on his line seems to distract from his 200ft game and responsibilities. In short is has the effect of making him cheat forward. This suggests even more than on this club McDrai works the best, and for RNH to soldier on another line and as the vet center on this team probably should.

Plus its hilarious that any of this discussion is occurring as Drai leads the club in goals scored and only around 9EV pts separate Drai from McD, and that McD gets better linemates away from Drai than Drai gets away from McD. Drai is impacted not by inability to run a line but that the line component drop off is severe in this roster.

We have only 4 forwards on the team that have as many as 20pts. We have only 4 forwards on the team that are double digit in goals. Production is non existent outside of those.

Reactions: Aerrol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The team is better with the three centers. You can deploy them in a number of ways including having all three together on the pp. If your trade one of Nuge or Draisaitl as seems to be the popular feeling around here right now that flexibility goes out the window. It stuns me to see so many people wanting to do just that.

It should ssurprise you that I feel its as critical as ever to have a Veteran Center shoulder his own line. From the stats it makes more sense for Nuge to be that than Drai. Nuge performs better independently with his experience and currently seems to do better with the poor wingers we have on this club. Nuge elevates and compensates better when on his own line. But conversely Nuge is not stellar in goal differential playing with either of McD, or Drai, it seems to distract from his 200ft game and results. We see the best Nuge here on his own line and I think he works best when he has a couple physically capable players with him. He's really good at creating chaos plays and situations around the opponent net.

Drai is still guilty of too much finesse when playing with players less capable of that. I would like to see Drai run more of a positional keep puck low and keep numbers back game when he's playing 2nd line.

Olof

Jan 17, 2019
I just think he is over paid. Yes they are a dynamic duo. But shouldn't second line center also lead he's own line? Not just be productive with Mcdavid.

I mean that Oilers problems are deep. Deeper then many understand.

Funny how sensitive Oilers fans are to their " golden egs"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad