Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

kovnik

Zadorov for Norris
Mar 28, 2008
Feels good to see him play on this level. Can't wait for people criticising him again when he makes a mistake or starts 'skating slow'. Mcdavid and him are really the only thing that keeps this team barely afloat...

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Another 25+ minute outing for the lazy overpaid guy. Could barely get down ice and setup McDavid for the OT winner. Any good Canadian boy would have had a breakaway there. ;)

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Feels good to see him play on this level. Can't wait for people criticising him again when he makes a mistake or starts 'skating slow'. Mcdavid and him are really the only thing that keeps this team barely afloat...
Why are you even paying attention to people who criticize him? They are obviously clueless.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Why are you even paying attention to people who criticize him? They are obviously clueless.
So true, when main boards talk about him being a lazy non dynamic player you can just ignore them cause they have obviously never watched him play in the last couple of years and they’re opinions are based from collective denial

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Last couple games a pretty good example of how bogus the argument of Drai not being good enough to carry his own line away from McDavid is.

Even McDavid couldn't get anything going playing with Rattie/Kassian/Lucic. He had a few okay shifts once Gagner was moved onto his line. But otherwise struggled as the only guy who could do anything with the puck on is line.

Even the best players in the league need good linemates.

If we want Drai and McDavid on different lines we're going to need another Nuge level complimentary player to play with one of them.

Agreed, we need one more higher end player that's at Nuge's level of production for the team to take a big step forward.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Last couple games draisaitl has been dominant away from mcdavid, also moving his feet a lot more and making things happen every shift.

He’s a bargain at 8.5

I’m one of his harshest critics but that’s partially cause I know what he’s capable of.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
These next 2 games with Connor out will be huge ones for Drai with our lack of depth, all eyes will be on #29.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Art Ross is a long shot for McDavid.

We need Drai to take a run at that Rocket now. Lol.

Updated pace. 49-51-100.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I never thought Drai would be a 40 goal scorer let alone 50. It would be incredible if he reached that.

I’m going to predict he finishes with 46-54-100 on the dot.

Reactions: Aerrol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
In the telecast they stated Drai would probably hit 50 goals this season. Are they insane?

I'm the biggest Drai fan here, he got hot, it happens. No way he's hitting for 50 or getting the rocket Richard.

40 is a pretty big accomplishment. I think he finishes between 40 and 45.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
In the telecast they stated Drai would probably hit 50 goals this season. Are they insane?

I'm the biggest Drai fan here, he got hot, it happens. No way he's hitting for 50 or getting the rocket Richard.

It’s not likely but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 14 goals 21 games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s not likely but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 14 goals 21 games.
Its a remote possibility, but not at all likely. Drai can also go 6-10 games without scoring a goal as any player can. I think in the midst of a real hot streak people think it will just continue.

Its a huge task. Because Drai has been so hot recently the telecast had an assumption it would just continue. What got me is they stated he would probably hit 50. Those people shouldn't ever bet.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

He needs 14 goals in 21 games..

At his current pace there is no reason he wouldn't come close to that.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It will also depend who he is going to be paired with the rest of the season. If he has Nuge on his line or McDavid even more so, then I could see him getting hot again as a goal scorer, because both Nuge and of course McDavid are playmakers, but if he plays with any two of the other guys, he won't get as many good scoring chances except for the power play.

My guess is he will score another 7 or 8, which would be impressive enough.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He needs 14 goals in 21 games..

At his current pace there is no reason he wouldn't come close to that.

His current pace is obviously unsustainable. Its right off the charts. Players can do that for a little while but its not possible for longterm unless you're someone like OV.

It would be great if Drai could pull off something monumental like this but I can see how its going to go here already. He won't make it and people will then blame him for not making it.

Like I said earlier lets be thankful he will likely be the first Oiler to score 40 since 91 and Petr Klima.

Setting expectation of 50G 100pts is onerous, and indication fans are never satisfied.

Reactions: Aerrol

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
His current pace is obviously unsustainable. Its right off the charts. Players can do that for a little while but its not possible for longterm unless you're someone like OV.

It would be great if Drai could pull off something monumental like this but I can see how its going to go here already. He won't make it and people will then blame him for not making it.

Like I said earlier lets be thankful he will likely be the first Oiler to score 40 since 91 and Petr Klima.

Setting expectation of 50G 100pts is onerous, and indication fans are never satisfied.

Connor put up 41 last season fwiw

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

I think if we keep him with McDavid the rest of the year he can hit 50, but even if he did, people would complain he allowed 51 or some bullcrap.

Those who are unhappy with drai aren't the ones hoping he scores 50, it's the people that realize what a special player he is hoping he gets 50 because it'd be a hell of an accomplishment.

Drai would be worth his contract putting up 70 points a year, but those who have issues with him wouldnt be happy even if he doubled that.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

I don't think anyone is expecting it. I never expected him to be a 40 goal scorer in his career. It's not out of question for him to score 50 this season as you are saying though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't think anyone is expecting it. I never expected him to be a 40 goal scorer in his career. It's not out of question for him to score 50 this season as you are saying though.

Anything is possible, the Oilers could make the playoffs based on their last 3 GP results. I sure wouldn't expect it though, which is how the convo started. In the broadcast last night they said Drai will probably score 50. Not sure how they thought "probably". Could have been Hrudey though. Maybe if DRai was shooting pucks at hrudey;)

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I’m not expecting it. Hell 40 goals is super impressive. I just think it would be pretty cool. Plus he’s playing absolutely filthy hockey right now.

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
50 goals is doable for him, but pretty tough since he's not quite on pace for it even with being on a streak he'll probably not be able to sustain. Much likelier he ends up in the 40-45 range, which is still amazing and better than probably anyone expected of him. Good chance he finishes top 5 in the league for goals. This guy is a special player and he'd probably get a lot more credit for it if McDavid weren't here to overshadow him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad