Player Discussion: Leo Komarov

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
According to Russian media, he will sign a two-year contract with SKA after he clears NHL waivers for the purpose of mutual contract termination.
If true this is fantastic news. That’s an additional 2 million in cap space.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm surprised no one would want him for the remainder of this year if we ate a bunch of his contract. He still can play a 4th line role pretty capably. Problem for us is that we have way too many of those guys and its better to bury him in BP and save the cap space. But not everyone is in the same position. If he can get the same money from SKA (I don't know if he can) and he'll get to play, maybe this contract termination works for everyone involved.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
And if they did they’d be in Cyrillic.

In Russia you have a group of concerned citizens that formed the "StopXam" movement which loosely translated to "Don't be a douchebag". They enforce traffic laws in a country that rarely abides by them. They have an amazing youtube channel.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
So this trade deadline gonna be fun AF. I smell big time LD and maybe some veteran scoring depth.

Reactions: xECK29x

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
According to Russian media, he will sign a two-year contract with SKA after he clears NHL waivers for the purpose of mutual contract termination.

LOUUUUUUU

Nmil.gif

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

You have to give credit to Leo here. He did a solid for the team, he also probably wanted to play in the KHL if it wasn't the NHL. He could have collected his 3M but he did what would make him happy. Part of me thinks he also did this for Lou who brought him to the Island and made him a change agent, and paid him well to do so. Glad Lou didn't spend a first rd pick like some Dumbass GM's would for one year of a cap dump. But main point, thanks Leo. Helping out the team to the bitter end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad