Player Discussion: Leo Komarov

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
He gets what he gives.

I didnt want to go there, but yeah, when you wonder why people give you crap, maybe take a look in the mirror.

Looks like reports are Leo didn't hit waivers at 2 pm today. Still may happen, just saying I'll believe it when I see it. Takes a real good soldier to leave that kind of money on the table.

Reactions: MJF

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Are you living under a rock? They are terminating his contract. He is no longer a member of the Islanders and his entire cap hit is gone.

I love that with your terrible communication and awful takes, you've added a snarky assholeness to it this year. What an awful uncalled for response to that poster who made a clear point about CapFriendly.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I love that with your terrible communication and awful takes, you've added a snarky assholeness to it this year. What an awful uncalled for response to that poster who made a clear point about CapFriendly.
But the poster who responded when I said good riddance to Komarov with "hopefully you are leaving too," I am sure that was called for, right?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
But the poster who responded when I said good riddance to Komarov with "hopefully you are leaving too," I am sure that was called for, right?

Honestly, no. And I didn't post that. But you are sleeping in a bed that you make, and I have no problem calling you out on your shit. This is a reaction to how you interact with people. I do hope that you are OK in your life, and if you aren't, you should talk to someone about it.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Beacon Isles was being quite respectful in their post to you, and that didn't stop you from responding in a rather disrespectful manner.

So, no, it doesn't seem to be more like that.

I'm not losing sleep over it. I've been nothing but polite to him (and everyone else on the forum) and I get blasted because apparently "other people are mean to him".

And to steer this back on track to Uncle Leo - apparently he hasn't hit waivers like Staple speculated.

If you break down his tweet, its two sentences. One, that its confirmed Leo is going to the KHL. Pretty much everyone agrees on that being true. It makes sense for a lot of reasons - too many vets rotating at Bridgeport, consistent playing time in the KHL, etc.

Two, that Staple "believed" Leo would hit waivers yesterday. That sounds like a whole lot of speculation by one guy, that all the other "internet reporters" ran with as a primary source. I'd believe it more if Staple said "Leo WILL hit waivers".

As of this morning, #2 hasnt happened yet (maybe more coffee will help?) and his cap hit still stands. We'll see what happens at the deadline today.

Reactions: Seph and MJF

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Could it be that the Isles & Komarov are dragging this out to the very last second (day before taking the Ice for his new team) so Komarov can earn as much of his NHL salary as possible?

Seems a Lou thing to do.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Could Leo just be “loaned” and collect a paycheck from the Isles for the rest of the year AND the new KHL team for the reported next 2 years?

Day whatever of LeoWatch and he’s in Russia but still not put on waivers. Maybe 2 pm today?

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I know its a business and we are tight on roster spots and all, but would have liked to see Leo hit the ice at UBS for one last game. Isles faithful could give him a proper send off. I know Leo took a lot of crap from many of us and he hasn't lived up to a contract that was offered to him, but was a good soldier for us.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Looks like he hit waivers today finally. @CupHolders had it right I guess, Lou waited to the last possible minute. Leo is still giving up $1.68M in salary apparently, so thank you Leo. Some players would have been content to just collect the paycheck.
Unless his new deal makes it a wash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad