Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
IF IF IF Auston's shoulders were okay I would acknowledge he is the most talented Leaf of all time. Exceeding David Keon.

And Marners dad does seem like quite a guy. Good for him, good for him. He developed a tremendous player and kid. So he obviously did a lot of things right.

Maybe he is a bit different. But he seems to be quite intelligent. I like him so far, till he shows otherwise .

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Why is a guy a bad guy for saying something about the way Babcock handles players, I don't like Babcock at all. I am stunned Tavares chose to come over and play for this guy, but I am very happy he did.

I have never met Babcock. I have met most of the team at one time or another. And all very cool guys, but I just don't get, at all, the lines that Babcock puts out on the ice.

Why not just punish another team with pure talent? Why put grinders on with skill players.

Skill players want to play with skill.

I just don't like the way Babcock coaches, if he wins a cup I guess I will join the throngs of millions on Yonge Street.

But I don't see it happening with Babcock.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Btw that video was really something. Don't know what to say about it. Obviously Paul Marner wanted to be a player himself. I don't dislike him, I am not judging

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Why is a guy a bad guy for saying something about the way Babcock handles players, I don't like Babcock at all. I am stunned Tavares chose to come over and play for this guy, but I am very happy he did.

I have never met Babcock. I have met most of the team at one time or another. And all very cool guys, but I just don't get, at all, the lines that Babcock puts out on the ice.

Why not just punish another team with pure talent? Why put grinders on with skill players.

I just don't like the way Babcock coaches, if he wins a cup I guess I will join the throngs of millions on Yonge Street.

That was how Anaheim went to the final in 03. They grinded to no end and bore you to death.

That was also the reason why Team Canada had problems scoring in both 10 and 14 despite the gold medals.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Things sure are close at the top. Yesterday we were 6th overall by PTS%, today we're tied for 2nd. :)

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Considering all of young players have developed quite nicely under Babcock, I think he knows how to handle players. Having one grinder on an offensive line is never a bad thing. Hyman was able to score 15 goals last year which is pretty good, while doing all the hard work to get the other guys on his line the puck. Spreading out the scoring over 3 lines is far more beneficial than having 1 line that can score and 3 that can't.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

What players want doesnt always win either, though. If it was that easy, we wouldnt have coaches.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

That doesn’t make any sense though. The Leafs were a much better team at home last season than on the road.

The Leafs are just not playing as well as they can at home. Has nothing to do with Babcock and his coaching.

You can take a look at Babcock’s career and Leaf stats. His teams are WAY better at home than on the road.

We only had 12 losses in 41 games at home. We already have 6 in 15 so far.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
That doesn’t make any sense though. The Leafs were a much better team at home last season than on the road.

The Leafs are just not playing as well as they can at home. Has nothing to do with Babcock and his coaching.

You can take a look at Babcock’s career and Leaf stats. His teams are WAY better at home than on the road.

We only had 12 losses in 41 games at home. We already have 6 in 15 so far.

If only we had a way of comparing last seasons' players to this season....

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Great win!
Crickets in the PGT.
Any type of loss and it's the zombie apocalypse! 16 pages in 10 minutes. Trade everyone!! Everyone sucks!!! Life as we know it ended!!!!
:laugh:
we don't brag and celebrate, sheesh. we win with class and stay silent just going about our biz.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Leafs put on a machine like performance. Could not ask for anything more. Now we need to do that against Boston. The 3 lines with talent is a game changer for us. No other team in league can do what we can do this year.

If you want to understand the legend that is Paul Marner go onto network54 and it is all there. Personally I like him. He is all in for his kid and he has been since Mitch was 5/6. But most are not and did not like the video game and practice tapings, the coach reviews and the sponsorship deals. In my view as I know all the kids and parents as we all played together in GTHL/spring hockey for many many years many people were jealous of Mitch, Connor and Auston for a variety of reasons. But truth is and i said it back then that those 3 were going to the show when they were 10 Connor when he was 6. It was blatantly obvious. Yes development helped over the years but all the kids continued to develop its just those 3 were the best when they first stepped on the ice.

member 147413

A couple defensive lapses I wasn’t a fan of. NJ is a really bad team, not going to get too high from this win, onto Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad