Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Even good 3rd liner is worth that in this NHL and with cap raising you get even more inflated contracts. GMs would look at him and say "hey, look Ennis scored almost 20 goals on 4th line playing with plugs. he sure scores 30 with players x and y on my team."
I like it when ppl on here say "no way Ennis gets 4-5 mil" and then on the same page others want to trade him for 2nd round pick as UFA. Don't you guys think that if team extends 2nd round pick they would sign him to 4-5 mil? Isn't he valuable commodity then?

I don't think he signs anywhere near that. Maybe half that. He ain't getting 20 goals. He is not even on pace for 30 points. How would you even sell him as a top 6 forward to your fanbase? I'd be pissed if the Leafs signed some guy to that contract who was on the 4th line all season to play in our top 6. I guess there are stupid GMs out there who would give him 4-5 mil. Good for him, if so.

By the way, he is not worth anywhere near a 2nd round pick.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I really doubt it. Almost all of the success Ennis have had has come from using his individual ability to attack fourth line competition. When he was higher up in the lineup, he was completely and effectively neutralized. Let him continue to do what has worked for him.

Spot on!

He has 3rd line, to 2nd liner skill in terms of skating and puck control.

But at 5'7 and slim built, he is massively undersized and gets pushed off the puck easily - whenever he has space you see his brilliance and it usually ends up in HD chances and plays.

4th line is his bread and butter.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Thats like saying Matthews could single-handedly win a cup if he was 6 inches taller.
With respect to zen is once again, he flys under the radar cause he is small and people's perception is flawed but in actuality he is very serviceable. But no, your reply doesn't make any sense. My comment makes more sense because that is the mentality of leaf fans and HF Board posters.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Playoff teams acquire these types of players. Not deal them. Just look at us the past 2 seasons... Brian Boyle and Tomas Plekanec came from non-playoff teams. Both were pending UFA's.

Poor examples of useage of picks.
Just because it's been done in the past doesn't mean it's worth doing again - Please think your posts through before you post them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad