Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
People need to stop quoting this.

Leafs are 6-0-1 in their last 7 home games, so obviously whatever they're doing at home is working.
9 of 13, 8 of 10, 10 sraight wins, ... blah blah, In reality it all can be attributed to small sample size. My word I just flipped a coin and it came up heads 5 times in a row, Why is that? :laugh:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
2nd best record in the league, 2nd best goal differential in the league, with Auston missing half the games and Willy missing most of them.

not bad.

And about that one team ahead of them:

Vs Top-10 teams (pts%)

TBL: 9gms, 4-4-1, .500pts%, +.33gdiff
TOR: 9gms, 7-2-0, .778pts%, +.89gdiff

So the leafs have been much better against the good teams.

Vs Bottom-10

TBL: 16gms, 13-3-0, .813pts%, +1.31gdiff
TOR: 11gms, 7-2-2, .727pts%, +1.73gdiff

Both teams have been similar against the bottom teams (separated only by some OT/SO results), except TBay has had 5 more games against the weak teams than Toronto has had.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Yes against certain teams who have personnel to forecheck us and keep us stuck in our end

Unfortunately, no GM can / should build their team to compete against only certain teams.

The point is that, (after a loss) the subject of threads isn't focused around Babcock ; per the last couple of losses, they've been focused around teams toughness (or lack thereof). Additionally, it's also important to note that the number of threads are proportional to the loss.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I guess when we win the babies of our forum get that pacifier and they are content.... ;)

Hard to say Player X or Coach X is horrible if you win 7-2.
There is alot of truth to that. When we win its great go to bed happy lights out, when we lose can't sleep pissed off.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
We might come out flat next game because of this one. I think all other 28 teams would have won this pretty easily as well.

Their goalie looks like he gave up on the season. That Marner goal was just embarrassing. Hit off the post didn't even go in but he couldn't care less.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Unfortunately, no GM can / should build their team to compete against only certain teams.

The point is that, (after a loss) the subject of threads isn't focused around Babcock ; per the last couple of losses, they've been focused around teams toughness (or lack thereof). Additionally, it's also important to note that the number of threads are proportional to the loss.
Agreed but remember what Scotty said and I whole heartedly agree. Build your team to win a Cup not to win a regular season. There is so much truth to that it is not even funny. And Scotty has won more than anyone in the history of hockey so what he says is the gospel. When studying the Leafs he says they have to fix their defense to get a little tougher to withstand a solid forecheck and break up a cycle. I concur.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This is just a game where we finally go the breaks.

Against Boston and Tampa we didn't get many bounces our way IMO.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seemed like a game they would steam roll to a win and they did.
I know there was some concern that this would be a bad thing.
Anyone worried?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This is just a game where we finally go the breaks.

Against Boston and Tampa we didn't get many bounces our way IMO.
It is funny how the hockey gods work and bounces go to certain team always ... i wonder why? consider competition and personnel and answers are all there

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Agreed but remember what Scotty said and I whole heartedly agree. Build your team to win a Cup not to win a regular season. There is so much truth to that it is not even funny. And Scotty has won more than anyone in the history of hockey so what he says is the gospel. When studying the Leafs he says they have to fix their defense to get a little tougher to withstand a solid forecheck and break up a cycle. I concur.

I'm assuming you're referring to (Scott) Bowman?
need more info than just the want.... Cap hit, whom are you moving out, term of contracts etc...?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seemed like a game they would steam roll to a win and they did.
I know there was some concern that this would be a bad thing.
Anyone worried?

At some point people need to allow themselves to enjoy the team

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Considering all of young players have developed quite nicely under Babcock, I think he knows how to handle players. Having one grinder on an offensive line is never a bad thing. Hyman was able to score 15 goals last year which is pretty good, while doing all the hard work to get the other guys on his line the puck. Spreading out the scoring over 3 lines is far more beneficial than having 1 line that can score and 3 that can't.

B team disagrees.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
30 pages for a loss, 6 for a win. Says a lot.

In a loss you get people saying how bad Brown is and that takes up a good six pages each time. In a win, and Brown getting tree assists, those people have little to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad