Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
People get emotional, it's all part of supporting a team

I think the supporters have expectations, which is a good thing and that's why people freak out over a loss a lot more than when we sucked
I get that and I hate losing too, but it gets over the top. When there are post saying we suck and every player needs to be traded and we will never win a playoff series etc.
Too much drama for me. Fair criticism i have no issue with, but many post are there to drive agendas.
now you understand what makes our media tick.
Sad but true. Also, the media incite the sheep and bedlam follows.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Think of winning like having a great meal; feeling very full and happy

now do you wanna take a nap or get chatty?

then think of losing as being hungry and absolutely annoyed - you are not only going to get chatty but you are going to get loud about it

In general, when people are happy things are nice and quiet;

when people are pissed off things are not so quiet and not so nice

;)
A hangry leafs nation haha

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
looking too much into the marner comments...

i mean if you want soap opera's there are tv shows for that kind of drama.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Good win. Less hesitation to make a fancy play or cute passes - Credit to Babs

Good job by the D, which saw support

Players upping the body contact alot more since the Boston game. Very good sign.

This is how we played in Tampa - only difference was its Tampa, so Freddy was tested more than this game.

Go leafs!

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Reactions: LeafSadist

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Good game by the boys.

But what a difference compared to the Tampa game. Against the bolts we hit at least 4 posts and couldn't get any bounces.

Tonight we had 3 pucks land right on our players stick in front of the net for easy goals.

Let's get back to being the best canadian team!

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Great win tonight. Keep it going.

For the Leivo fan club, he didnt score tonight. Just thought i'd throw that in there. ;)

Lenovs

Worst Pace Scenario
Oct 3, 2018
Vienna
excellent game, much needed win. devils were trash and we kicked their butts - how can you not like this?

kadri and the 4th line had a great night and nylander seemed to take another step back towards his game.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Ennis has played well on the fourth line.

If Leafs were offered a 2nd round pick for him at the TDL, would you guys trade him?

If we are going to use that pick in a bigger package to get another D then yes. But if it is just a case of trading him to get a pick/prospect that is years away...no. Better to hold onto him for the PO's. Pretty sure Ennis has caught more then a few people by surprise with his play. Maybe he likes it here enough to sign a cheap deal to be able to be a part of the runs coming.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Why did Matthews stare down Miles Wood?
Just showin some emotion. Doesn't help that he's on a Toronto hockey team so there's always a camera on him trying to get something good. The stare down was gold. Auston serious? I love it!

Miles Wood plays a hard game, he also slashed Johnsson pretty hard on that rush and then when the whistle went he went to bicker to the refs. Auston didn't like that so hence...the stare.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
People get emotional, it's all part of supporting a team

I think the supporters have expectations, which is a good thing and that's why people freak out over a loss a lot more than when we sucked

Expectations are one thing, unreasonable expectations are another. And does one really need to freak out and trash people who are a part of the organization we cheer for? It's tiresome and shows the maturity level of the spoiled kid in the grocery store who doesn't get what he wants and throws a tantrum.

It's on another level my friend. Especially when the team is winning way more that losing. If we were having a crap season, then ok, but we are having a great season and some post sound like we are bottom feeders

And it's exactly that 'bottom feeders' mentality that is so jarring. The expectation of perfection and the lack of understanding that mistakes happen is beyond the comprehension of an adult.

now you understand what makes our media tick.

I'd argue that are media outlets are actually getting better. Options such as the Athletic, podcasts that rationally discuss trends and issues, better stat usage...if outlets don't keep up they lose the knowledgeable fan. If people are being lead by the poorer choices out there it diminishes their belief that Leaf fans are knowledgeable. While not perfect, (what is?) the past few years has seen media far more accountable to rational explanation than outrageous contemplations.

Reactions: saltming

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Came across this local video on Paul & a young Mitch Marner from back in the days. I always thought it was Mitch's mom who was huge for him growing up but based on this video you see how much time his dad put in too. Clearly he had support of both. Good for him. Also covers a young Mike McLeod

Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad