Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Great win!
Crickets in the PGT.
Any type of loss and it's the zombie apocalypse! 16 pages in 10 minutes. Trade everyone!! Everyone sucks!!! Life as we know it ended!!!!
:laugh:

It's remarkable how much people pile on when it's a negative result. But when it's a positive result, there's nothing to say...

Kinda backwards on how it should go.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Anybody catch Marner’s face at the end of his interview? It was like “what the hell did I just say”.

Actually, his face matched what I was thinking. :laugh:

Reactions: taurine330 and zeke

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Great win!
Crickets in the PGT.
Any type of loss and it's the zombie apocalypse! 16 pages in 10 minutes. Trade everyone!! Everyone sucks!!! Life as we know it ended!!!!

Meh, people care about the team
I'd be more concerned if people didn't ***** after a loss

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Just wait until Nylander gets rolling. It's coming soon. I expect 10-0 wins on the regular.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Ennis has played well on the fourth line.

If Leafs were offered a 2nd round pick for him at the TDL, would you guys trade him?

The fourth line played well in the third. Them and Dermott looked like they were trying much harder than anybody else. They smelled blood in the water and took advantage. Kudos to them.

I would take a 3rd or even 4th for Ennis. There are multiple Marlies that could easily take his place. Having said that, I’m glad he got a couple tonight because he works hard but he’s just not that good.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
professional performance.

but a professional team should take care of this soft homestand leading up to Xmas - FLA NYR DET - and go 3-0.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Great win!
Crickets in the PGT.

Think of winning like having a great meal; feeling very full and happy

now do you wanna take a nap or get chatty?

then think of losing as being hungry and absolutely annoyed - you are not only going to get chatty but you are going to get loud about it

In general, when people are happy things are nice and quiet;

when people are pissed off things are not so quiet and not so nice

;)

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Exactly the kind of game the leafs needed. Everyone was involved tonight. Great team win

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Johnsson and Kappy both pointless but I thought they both played really well tonight, Johnsson in particular had a couple of nice 1-on-1 plays and a few good dishes to Matty.

I thought they had some good moments, but for the most part I wanted a bit more. Johnsson in particular.

Not to be too harsh for what was a very good game though.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
great game, need to see that more often.

no more losses in 2018

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
Think of winning like having a great meal; feeling very full and happy

now do you wanna take a nap or get chatty?

then think of losing as being hungry and absolutely annoyed - you are not only going to get chatty but you are going to get loud about it

In general, when people are happy things are nice and quiet;

when people are pissed off things are not so quiet and not so nice

;)
I agree, Skellie.

Well put, but we also cleared out a few Russian shit stirrers out this morning too, which helps with traffic congestion.

Getting the Ladas and Volgas off our roads also helps.

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
I needed that tonight!

Nothing better then a relaxing win with lots of good moments to cheer on your team.

Hopefully we see a lot more of those this year.

Go Leafs Go!

Reactions: Brown Dog

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feels great man. Congrats to Patty on the milestone goal. In great company with 'The Rocket'.

With the recent lull in play by the boys it's about time they brought it tonight. They knew they had to play as close to a 60 min game and they did.

NJ isn't a contender so it was good we hounded them and practiced what we need to do to be successful against the upper-echelon teams. Play aggressive, tight, move the puck fast, and don't be too cute.

NJ gave us a lot of space in the NZ (but we REALLY skated, and were hard on pucks) and we made them pay. Dominated the game (other than faceoffs), puck posession was excellent, our defensive-zone coverage along with active sticks was on full-display. Few hiccups with stretch passes and unawareness made us rely on Fred to make some big saves.

Rielly, Gardiner, Zaits, OZ and Dermott with great games. I can see Oz gaining confidence too, which is so important. He has a unique skill set along with his handedness.

The whole team starting with JT & Marner were terrific. Our 3 centers were too much for the Devils. JT was a machine. He was hard on pucks, winning 50/50 battles and a solid 200ft presence. Great awareness in the o-zone too.

Kadri looked hungry and had a solid game, which should wake him up hopefully. Great nice, little pass to Rielly for the buzzer-beater in the 2nd too.

Matthews with a goal by driving the net and collecting the garbage which was nice. I also liked when he drove the net on JT's goal, the first of the game. He was more engaged defensively too, but he's still progressing to get back to how we know him to be. Positive signs.

The key is to start out games just like this, get the first goal and then teams can't sit back, trap, and dictate play. Keep pushing the play with speed (our greatest asset), gain a bigger lead and shut 'er down.

Consistency is the true goal. Games like tonight are great for my health. Onto the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad