MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Marleau - Matthews - Ennis
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Nylander - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown

BOOM!
Leivo and Carrick traded.
Ennis over Nylander on the top line....? I dont even want ennis on the team to be honest. People are seriously underrating how good nylander is. I think matthews and nylander will be a better combo this year than tavares and marner.

Matthews is going to explode this year. I think the tavares/marner combo is flash whereas matthews/nylander are straight to the point. Both combos will be unreal for us movinf forward.

Reactions: bax and saffronleaf

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares feet looked heavy tonight, heavier than normal. He has to keep working on his skating. I do not think Marner should be his line-mate. Marner-Matthews should be a combo. They have something extra when they are on the ice together. Its the perfect playmaker-shooter pairing and Matthews skates far better than Tavares.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I think Johnsson has had a pretty bad camp thus far. Really wish he would have picked up where he left off. Hainsey looks brutal so far as well. He should be a 6th or 7th D as of now. Ennis has shown he still has a little bit left in the tank and Leivo looks like he just earned a roster spot. Would like to see the Leafs spread their scoring. I'd drop Marleau back on Kadri's line and have the shifty Ennis on his other wing.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Ennis
Leivo - Lindholm - Brown

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Ozhiganov

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Not sure why anyone needs gigabit internet without a server. A bit of overkill. I grab tons of data through my 50MPS line while streaming HD all while the xbox one is fired up and being played on line by someone. I'm more concerned about my wireless router and it is a UHD capable 3 channel device that I get 4 bars on more than a block away from my house.

I've been on 5/1 internet for what seems like forever. I just received a letter from Cogeco at one of my business's stating they'll buy out my current contract and give me 1 gigabit for $150 a month. I can't get this fast enough...

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Not sure why anyone needs gigabit internet without a server. A bit of overkill. I grab tons of data through my 50MPS line while streaming HD all while the xbox one is fired up and being played on line by someone. I'm more concerned about my wireless router and it is a UHD capable 3 channel device that I get 4 bars on more than a block away from my house.

I work from home and frequently transfer 25+ GB databases to and from clients.

We have sometimes 5 people streaming in the house at once.

I pay less than $90 a month for it of which my work pays half.

Reactions: Notsince67

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Kapanen - - - Kadri - - - Brown
Johnsson/Ennis - Lindholm - Leivo/Ennis

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Ozhiganov​

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I really do hope I'm not cursing out his boneheaded gaffes every game. Maybe this will be the year...

hopefully.
i mean. i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one but maaaayyybeeeee :)

honestly i can see this playing out already
everytime Jake has an amazing game we're gonna have people going "oh eff you all see, I told you Jake was good" or "He's elite, see!" or other things to justify why we should keep him.

I am not dumb.
I can see that Jake is a great skater and he's great for a lot of points and that players who tend to have the puck a lot tend to make mistakes. it's a given. my issue with Jake is that the space between his ears isn't always firing at all cylinders and while people want dismiss game seven as it is only one game (which - it is), it is basically the issue i have with Jake the hockey player - and why I personally don't think we should commit 7+m dollars on him.

i'd rather give up 20 points (from his 50), find someone who can skate rather well, and can defend better and make smarter/quicker decisions than Jake. that's how a lot of people feel. why people can't hold this view is beyond me.

Reactions: Beaninfritz

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Gards was our best dman today. Wheres the haters at?

I don't see why anyone who points out Gardiner's defensive inadequacies is labeled a hater, but beside that point, we'd like for Gardiner to be our best defenseman every night....quite possibly.
We'd also like Reilly and Zaitsev and Hainsey to play like solid #1 defensemen every game.

It's not going to happen.

A player with the raw ability that Gardiner has has much higher expectations placed on him every night.
In fact, watching him play tonight makes me harder on the guy when he's out prancing like a pony and doing a whole lot of nothing.
It's the fact that we know what the guy is capable of that is so infuriating. We're not expecting him to be the best blueliner on the ice for both teams 82 games a year + playoffs, that's unrealistic, but when he can play like this and then the next game seemingly forget how to do the most basic of defensive plays, it makes the blood boil.

If Marincin craps the bed, I think "well, what the hell else did I expect from that guy"?
Gardiner seems bipolar on the ice. Dual personality if you will. Either amazing, or absolutely terrible. I'd settle for a stretch of 20 games where I don't even know he played. Actually, with the firepower the team has up front, I'd want 82 games of defensive blurs. Big mistakes are recognizable, steady and solid play without any dazzle goes completely unnoticed.

Reactions: kb and Daisy Jane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad