Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 6-2

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If anyone needs to sit, I vote Johnsson. Dude has been non-existent this whole pre-season. Like, I seriously have not noticed him do anything decent in of the games he's been in so far.

I even posted about Johnsson not being a lock this upcoming season in one of the threads this offseason..surely I got laughed at. This board tends to overrate players based on small sample sizes.

Not that he can't be a good player, I'm sure he can. But as of right now, he's been outplayed by many bottom 6 forwards

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Mathews-Nylander
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Lindholm-Kapanen
Johnsson

Reactions: Mork

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I hope your time isn't valuable. Because you just wasted *a lot* of it.

Please take a peek at my post history, and then get back to me and tell me that I'm not a Leaf fan.

ffs some people..

Well he showed you were wrong about Ferraro, so it wasn’t a complete waste.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If anyone needs to sit, I vote Johnsson. Dude has been non-existent this whole pre-season. Like, I seriously have not noticed him do anything decent in of the games he's been in so far.

I even posted about Johnsson not being a lock this upcoming season in one of the threads this offseason..surely I got laughed at. This board tends to overrate players based on small sample sizes.

Not that he can't be a good player, I'm sure he can. But as of right now, he's been outplayed by many bottom 6 forwards
lmfao

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

imo, He has top 9 maybe top 6 level skills and heart, very good 2 way game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
BUT......BUT...BUT....

Matthrews is not a playmaker?!?!? LMAO

He looked unreal, and made some fantastic passes, HFBoards is full of fools

The way this bullshit myth came into fruition really is something. He's so damn good at scoring goals and became the go-to shooter on his line so he must suck at playmaking!!

Reactions: DanM

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
First game I missed this preseason.

Wife's bday dinner we went out. So I come home thinking ok I can watch GameCentre and see the game on delay. Nope. Says it's blacked out in my region (Ottawa). Only time that happens is if it's on cable TV here. So I go check ... nope...only on TSN4 and that says game is blacked out in my region.

So let me get this straight. I pay $179 for the season to watch the games I can't watch on TV...and tonight I can't watch on TV in my region and GameCentre says sorry blacked out too.

So what exactly am i paying for again?

I take it this was a good game for some bubble players? Leivo looked good and Ozi was solid too? Really happy for Josh!
Apparently Indiana was a blackout zone for the game too

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The classic but rare contradicting oneself in one post, post. Always a good laugh.

Also just finished watching. Leivo has earned himself a spot imo, and Dermott is awesome. Matthews was good but looked like he was going easy at times which is crazy because he can play better than he did. I didn't think Rielly looked that good, Zaitsev should be with him and Dermott with Gardiner.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The way this bull**** myth came into fruition really is something. He's so damn good at scoring goals and became the go-to shooter on his line so he must suck at playmaking!!

That happens a lot on here. See also “he’s great offensively, so he must suck defensively!”

HockeyMad68

Oct 14, 2017
$500 a month. No offense man, but you da fool!

In his defence the 3 4K boxes are what’s killing him. I believe you can only rent them at the moment and I believe the rate is 25 per month

But they are so much faster then the old 1080p boxes

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I don't think that Marner and Tavares have shown much chemistry together 5 on 5. I'm sure they'll be good together if they stay together all year (since they're both so awesome)... but I think Matthews and Marner would be much better together.

I would try Nylander with Tavares instead. Might be kind of a good fresh start for the both of them.

I would move Hyman to Kadri's line and put Leivo in the top 6 too.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
I have to know how to do it. I just got home late tonight just wanted to catch the game in progress. Trust me if the NHL ****s me again I'll be going to Reddit. You can't take my money for GameCentre AND cable and leave me out in the cold. **** that ****.

Streaming can be a massive headache sometimes though . Not always smooth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad