Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 6-2

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Martin has to better this year. Heard he worked out with Mitch Muscles over the summer to get stronger. He’s probably going to get 3rd line minutes.

Martin - Kadri - Komarov.

I don’t understand this post. :huh:

Is Kadri traded to the Isles? Did Lou throw him into the trunk of a Buick??

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I have to say I'm not impressed.

He looks like a NHL player, which he should he's a NHL veteran.

I think he could play with many NHL players, but impressed? No more than Connor Brown impresses me.

Obviously, no comparison between what we've seen between him and Jooris.
I could see Ennis sticking, and Joorish being on an emergency call up list.

Well "impressed" obviously doesn't mean "give him the C and play him with Tavares for 22 min. a night". "Impressed" means that he left an impression (unlike many of our invisible fringe players).

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
This is actually really fantastic, we've got 5 3rd liners fighting for 2 3rd line spots and 2 4th line spots. I see no problem here. It's only going to take until a few games into the season until someone gets injured anyways.

My biggest concern is whether Babcock tries to force Hainsey on the first line, or whether he finally allows Zaitsev there. Moving Zaitsev to the 1st line and Hainsey to the 2nd line at the start of the season alone would net a 10 point increase in the standings.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
First game I missed this preseason.

Wife's bday dinner we went out. So I come home thinking ok I can watch GameCentre and see the game on delay. Nope. Says it's blacked out in my region (Ottawa). Only time that happens is if it's on cable TV here. So I go check ... nope...only on TSN4 and that says game is blacked out in my region.

So let me get this straight. I pay $179 for the season to watch the games I can't watch on TV...and tonight I can't watch on TV in my region and GameCentre says sorry blacked out too.

So what exactly am i paying for again?

I take it this was a good game for some bubble players? Leivo looked good and Ozi was solid too? Really happy for Josh!

Why would they black out a Toronto game in Ottawa? That is stupid.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Martin has to better this year. Heard he worked out with Mitch Muscles over the summer to get stronger. He’s probably going to get 3rd line minutes.

Martin - Kadri - Komarov.

Buddy, did you wake up from a coma or something? Komarov and Martin are long gone. I am sure this was a joke post.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This team needs some more muscle and the defense looks subpar as expected.

Amen. Someone like Nick Ritchie would be perfect

Johnsson for Ritchie

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Mathews-Nylander
Leivo-Kadri-Brown
Ritchie-Lindholm-Kapanen

Last edited:

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
I'm really beginning to think we could trade him for a good righthanded defenceman. Hopefully lower cap hit.

What would you consider a good defenceman to get back? Fair deal.
LOL I was being sarcastic... I'm not sure there is a D in the league worth trading Marner for. Marner's looking like a potential top-5 player right now. Doughty maybe, given he's locked up for years. Nylander though I would entertain calls from other teams for... Seth Jones (if not injured) for Nylander straight up? Perhaps... might address both teams needs.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
They mentioned last night that maybe Connor Brown may be on the bubble and is actually in the fight for a roster spot or to stay on the Kadri line.
(excuse me if I misquoted the conversation)

I made a thread on Brown not too long ago. I am not totally sold on him bur I also see value in him. Where the heck does he fit in???
He fits in a trade for a RD
I'm assuming folks on here have accepted that Kappy is not, was not, and never will be, just a "fourth liner".
This

If Kappy's a 4th liner then Brown's a 5th liner, there's nothing Brown does better than Kappy, thus there's no reason that Brown should be above Kappy in the lineup

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
LOL I was being sarcastic... I'm not sure there is a D in the league worth trading Marner for. Marner's looking like a potential top-5 player right now. Doughty maybe, given he's locked up for years. Nylander though I would entertain calls from other teams for... Seth Jones (if not injured) for Nylander straight up? Perhaps... might address both teams needs.

You'll never get Jones for Nylander straight up

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Why would they black out a Toronto game in Ottawa? That is stupid.

Sens get to protect their territory. I can see why it's blacked out on TV but not GameCentre. That's the whole reason you get GameCentre - for out of market games!

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Johnsson/Leivo - Lindholm - Ennis

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Ozhiganov
I think if we still use Kadri’s line as the shutdown, I’d rather have Hyman there than to hamper the second line. Also this gives Marner’s line another speedy winger.

I’m sure there’s going to be a few more tweaks here and there but overall a pretty good looking lineup on paper. Just got to figure out what we’re doing in the defensive zone.

Or score 4+ a night, whatever works

Reactions: Doc300c

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Not sure why anyone needs gigabit internet without a server. A bit of overkill. I grab tons of data through my 50MPS line while streaming HD all while the xbox one is fired up and being played on line by someone. I'm more concerned about my wireless router and it is a UHD capable 3 channel device that I get 4 bars on more than a block away from my house.
This. ^^^ Bandwith is great, but you need a top notch router for all to go smoothly. And reboot it one a week or so.

I bought An ASUS AC68U several years ago, and am now on the hunt for an upgrade.

Reactions: Notsince67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad