Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 6-2

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
No you don’t. If you did, you would know that:
1. Ray Ferraro is from Vancouver
2. Ray Ferraro is not a Leafs fan whatsoever
3. Ray Ferraro is a former NHL player with almost 900 points on multiple teams (none of which were Toronto) and therefore has no connection to the Leafs
4. Ray Ferraro is absolutely honest in his judgement during and between games.

I hope your time isn't valuable. Because you just wasted *a lot* of it.

Please take a peek at my post history, and then get back to me and tell me that I'm not a Leaf fan.

ffs some people..

Reactions: dsred

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Well the special teams are firing. 5v5 there's still things that need to be cleaned up.

Leivo and Johnsson had their best games of the pre-season. Don't know what more Leivo can do after tonight.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
When people talk about Leivo, they used to say that he had an "NHL shot" and that was about it. But his playmaking ability is actually quite good too. He seem really calm with the puck. He can make a few nifty stick handling moves and make a short pass. He's strong along he boards. I've like Leivo for a long time, but he's looking better than guys like Johnsson and Brown (who aren't looking bad). Leivo and Kapanen have stepped it up I think and deserve top 9 spots.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If I'm Josh Leivo and I lose a spot on the roster to Tyler Ennis I think I'd be asking for a trade at that point. It would be pretty obvious there's nothing he can do to make this team.

Thing is Ennis has been great all pre season, Leivo had 1 great game.

Is 1 great game enough?

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017

Is 1 great game enough?

Thing is, we don't even know how Ennis looks on the line he should be playing on. Ennis looks great playing with Auston Matthews and Patrick Marleau, but I think a lot of guys could probably look pretty good in that spot. That said, he is for sure creating his own chances, I guess we'll just have to see how he performs on the 3rd line.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Is 1 great game enough?

People have this weird obsession towards Leivo. Just waiting for something to cheer about and when he does something good, well, that's that, he's turned it around. Meanwhile, other better players know that consistency is what it takes to stick in the NHL. Leivo hasn't really shown that which is why he's not consistently in a NHL line up. He's a dime a dozen player that a bunch of Leaf fans latched on to. It's a tradition here. It seems like there's one player who can occassionally have a great game or three and you will get post after post about why they should be in the lineup over someone else. The all have one thing in common.. they are usually totally replaceable and then they are when the new flavour gets drafted.

Reactions: dsred

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Probably correct. The only homers are Hayes and ONeill. Noodles and Ferraro are not from what I can tell.
Hayes is a local radio host. He is supposed to be a homer. I know overdrive is in TSN nationwide for like an hour but it is a local TO radio show.
Odog might act like the biggest homer on Overdrive and sometime on those special trade deadline show or other special shows by when he is on panel discussing hockey with others, he does not show his homer side for the Leafs.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I have to know how to do it. I just got home late tonight just wanted to catch the game in progress. Trust me if the NHL ****s me again I'll be going to Reddit. You can't take my money for GameCentre AND cable and leave me out in the cold. **** that ****.
I gave up on the NHL package because it's useless to me. I don't mind paying but I need to get something useful back in return.

Last year Rogers even blacked out the CBC Saturday night HNIC over the internet on me because I only have the basic cable package. So, while my wife and daughters were upstairs watching girl stuff on the big tv I couldnt even stream the CBC feed that we pay for with our taxes on Rogers internet.

Screw it. I learned how to watch all the Leafs I like without paying a cent, and I don't even see their inane commercials.

It's rather amazing that Rogers and NHL CentreIce can alienate paying customers like you and me. We're both willing to pay, and they still treat us like shit.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I gave up on the NHL package because it's useless to me. I don't mind paying but I need to get something useful back in return.

Last year Rogers even blacked out the CBC Saturday night HNIC over the internet on me because I only have the basic cable package. So, while my wife and daughters were upstairs watching girl stuff on the big tv I couldnt even stream the CBC feed that we pay for with our taxes on Rogers internet.

Screw it. I learned how to watch all the Leafs I like without paying a cent, and I don't even see their inane commercials.

It's rather amazing that Rogers and NHL CentreIce can alienate paying customers like you and me. We're both willing to pay, and they still treat us like ****.

Trust me they're going to explain this to me I am escalating to head of programming and NHL Live departments. I want a refund for today and a guarantee this won't happen again or I'm taking my $500 a month I pay Rogers elsewhere (3 cell phones, home phone, premium cable with 3 4K boxes, gigabit internet)

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Trust me they're going to explain this to me I am escalating to head of programming and NHL Live departments. I want a refund for today and a guarantee this won't happen again or I'm taking my $500 a month I pay Rogers elswewhere (3 cell phones, home phone, premium cable with 3 4K boxes, gigabit internet)
Good luck, but they still don't give a shit.

Just take your business elsewhere unless they practically pay you to use Rogers.

I would bet for that money you could get a lot of service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->