Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

horner

May 22, 2007
Meh when he's on, his shot doesn't matter as much.

I think he's reeling from his leg injury earlier in the season. I believe it was a sprain and, in the case, there's no surprise that it could be slowly him down. Something I was concern about when he returned to action.
It was a high ankle sprain .

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Barrie is pulling a reverse Gardiner. Gardiner sucked as the season went on, Barrie is getting better as the season goes on.

Third straight game with 24+ mins and looking good in all of them. Most importantly, three wins.

Only 3 games but I'm looking dumb as bricks for all the hoping on TD day that he would get traded for 'a 2nd and prospect'. Good chance we're still losing if not for him stepping up and taking on increased time with Rielly and Muzzin out.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I agree. That post was a joke. The picture is of Toskala. I'm just hoping Freddy stops the first shot of the game.

I didn't even look at the photo too closely, hah, I just assumed your argument.

Regardless, Keefe is sticking to his guns and his game plan.

Reactions: willmma

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Tavares has 3 goals, 7 points in the last 5 games and has been amazing in the face-off dot...it's Marner who is MIA...4 assists in the last 5 games...1 empty net goal in the last 14 games, and 2 goals in the last 20 games.
We get it you don’t like marner
You don’t have to spout this every post
Some of the best players in the NHL have been assist machines.
Some players score some get assists.
Look at marner great pass to Hyman for the empty net goal. Only a handful of players can make that pass. You are trying to hard to discredit marner. Are you minus Mitch or thewave in reality

Reactions: DarkKnight

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Only 3 games but I'm looking dumb as bricks for all the hoping on TD day that he would get traded for 'a 2nd and prospect'. Good chance we're still losing if not for him stepping up and taking on increased time with Rielly and Muzzin out.
well to be honest we were a complete mess. Florida should have been able to take advantage and take us out, they kinda sold their team a little so were playing against our self now. I wanted Barrie and most of the UFA's not named Muzzin to be shipped off and retool.
since the Muzzin injury we have actually been pretty good.
I feel like Andersen is going to turn back to himself next game and show up on time.
It's only been 3 games Im not going to get excited here but it's a nice start

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Quiet game for Tavares and Marner. JT especially were losing battles and fumbling the puck. I'd love to see Spezza more on that line. I like Kerfoot better as #3C.

This was a big win for us because the depth came through. After our stars have carried us for so long, it's been nice to see the depth actually have an impact lately.

Andersen continues to struggle. He honestly looks like Sparks in net lately, and it annoys me that people want to give him a free pass on that second goal. Yes, there was a ton of net to shoot at. That's not the only thing that counts. If you actually look at what Andersen did in that whole sequence, it goes basically like this: He doesn't track the puck well, doesn't get into a good stance when the shot comes, his first save has no coordination whatsoever, the rebound is bad, and thanks to all of the above he was unable to push over and cut off that second shot. Andersen when he's himself doesn't fail on any of that.

Holy **** that pass though. Nylander should be sent to the corner to think about what that miss meant.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Who would have thunk that Marincin is actually a great player to have on the farm when your team is depleted with injuries.
Can’t all be superstars. And every team needs a guy who’s happy to be healthy scratches every night but remain on an nhl roster as a depth guy. Marincin fits the bill. Fans have a hard time grasping not everyone is a superstar. He’s a role player that hopefully doesn’t have to play too big of a role.

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
-Marincins GWG was unbelievable! Way ta go Marty.
-Gauthiers goal to get it all started was timely.
-I wished that pass from Andersen to Nylander would have resulted in a goal. What a pass!
-Hughsons tears was a Saturday night treat indeed.

Another bonus around here lately is the divide that exists between fans that have been pining for more physicality and heart, have been mostly satisfied since the arrival of Clifford IMHO.
Both style of fans got what they wanted. It's nice to cheer for a team and appreciate all the fans positive reaction, especially to players that have picked it up (Kapanen, Matthews, Nylander special mentions). The vibe around here is much better (winning is fun), and I believe one player has actually made a big difference up and down the line-up. Pretty good move by Dubas I must say...

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Hyman is just amazing. He is so underrated. We need to appreciate that we have the guy on a steal of a contract.

Trade AJ but make sure this guy is on the team for the next 5 years.

Forget 5 years, this is one guy who deserves to retire as a Leaf (assuming he doesn't price himself off of the team) he is literally what we have been begging for...and if he keeps improving his game he is going to be low key scary to deal with...he's only what 25-26?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Matthews and Nylander playing like their contracts dictate. Marner not so much. He should have not used Matthews as comparable. As he clearly is not.
Flavour of the month around here. Marner has been streaky throughout his career already and I’m positive he will bounce back to where he was. Leafs fans always need to pick on someone

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Marincin the hero? Not a chance. That actually goes to none other than Zach Hyman. no other player on this team plays with as much passion, heart and perseverance than him, not a single one.

Blocked shot with 2 minutes to go almost and then delivers an empty-net goal.

Toronto keeps chugging along, proud of their fight.

Five points ahead of Florida instead of just three had we lost in regulation

That last game against the Panthers this season will ultimately probably be the end of Florida if we win that one.

My only minor complaint is that I wish Andersen would stop letting in a goal on the first or second shot of every single game.

Anyway, he shut me up with his performance for the rest of the game, kudos.
First Shot Freddie

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Gotta give these guys credit for stepping up and accepting the challenge after management decided they were not good enough before the TDL and told it it was up to them. That Canes game could not have come at a worse time. Win it and Dubas perhaps adds a dman and perhaps Thornton or Simmonds.

This team looks completely different when they are competing hard. Think adding Clifford has made Kappy play a foot taller. Simmonds would have given us a big punishing 3rd line that won't put up with the crap the Bruins dish out.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The corona virus thread pissed me off, but glad the leafs got the W! Was a solid win from start to finish

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We get it you don’t like marner
You don’t have to spout this every post
Some of the best players in the NHL have been assist machines.
Some players score some get assists.
Look at marner great pass to Hyman for the empty net goal. Only a handful of players can make that pass. You are trying to hard to discredit marner. Are you minus Mitch or thewave in reality
Marner plus 6 last two games and most ice time for forwards. Back to the knee jerk bashing....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad