Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
great to see the Leafs win especially with a third strong outing in a row, other then a little bit of a lull at the end of the 2nd the Leafs were clearly the better team all night, the giveaways were a little glaring but they managed not to get burned to badly on them. still some areas to clean up obviously, but they look a lot better then the team that has stumbled far too often this year

they knocked a few people down, they were winning races, winning the boards and Freddie looked a lot more in control then he has in a long time, (once he got past the first 7 mins:()

onto California and hopefully grab 5 of the 6 points available and go Flames/B's (and hate to say it but) canadiens:phew: who are all making a swing through Florida

Reactions: ToneDog and kb

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Clearly marner is dealing with an injury.
His explosiveness and edges are not there ever since he left the ice a couple of weeks ago.
Question is. How long will this last?

His shot is still bad, injury or not.

Reactions: Dave92

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
What's the Leafs record with Clifford in the lineup? It's not a coincidence that Kappy and Matthews have gotten braver since he arrived. There is hope yet for Dubas who basically admitted by this trade that they needed more toughness. And don't tell me that Clifford doesn't play on Matthews line. His mere presence on the bench is enough to limit the cheap shots.

He's definitely making quite the impression on Kappy...who knew Kappy is an enforcer...:laugh:

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Meh when he's on, his shot doesn't matter as much.

I think he's reeling from his leg injury earlier in the season. I believe it was a sprain and, in the case, there's no surprise that it could be slowly him down. Something I was concern about when he returned to action.

He definitely needs to score more goals and make himself a more well-rounded threat.

SuperHockeyFanSN

Feb 19, 2020
>HF when Leafs lose to zamboni drivers
20 page thread of everyone making fun of the Leafs
>HF when teams get smashed by a team that loses to 42 year old zamboni drivers
"Don't make these threads, it's trolling"

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Play willy on the first line. He has been great. Matty, willy, hyman, kapanen are playing awesome.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Kerfoot Tavares Marner
Clifford Spezza Kapanen
Engvall Gauthier Malgin

JT and marner are MIA a bit.

Tavares has 3 goals, 7 points in the last 5 games and has been amazing in the face-off dot...it's Marner who is MIA...4 assists in the last 5 games...1 empty net goal in the last 14 games, and 2 goals in the last 20 games.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
When I get Dumba and Risto thrown at me I want to walk into a wall

That's what's going to make us better defensively? **** sakes
They are better than Barrie in defense but that’s not really saying much though.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Can I take this opportunity to introduce you to the 80's Leafs?

They never lost to the Marlies zamboni driver, that was a special kind of bad :laugh:

They are better than Barrie in defense but that’s not really saying much though.

That's some faint praise, all I ask is that they aren't complete morons when the puck isn't on their stick

That's not to much to ask is it?

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
i absolutely LOVE the JT Nylander chemistry
both are in beast PO mode just dominating
great move by Keefe to make this a thing
Matthews Hyman Spezza and Kapanen are in beastmode too
Dermott playin good with the bigger minutes
i really like Sandin and Barrie has been better

but
Marner is draggin down the whole line i dont know whats goin on with him but this is unacceptable this late in the season
Fred 2ga on 3sa holy f***!!! we not gonna win anything with this kinda goaltending
he was better as the game went on but this goaltending is not gonna cut it in the playoffs
when you are down by a goal or two because your goalie lets in softies you cant come back with the other team playin in beast PO mode
no matter what team we gonna go against in the 1st round they all have that next level shit
and Fred needs to elevate his game because right now he is one of our weakest links

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Marincin after the 2nd intermission:
tenor.gif

Reactions: nobody

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Hilarious

The boo birds flooded this board after the Carolina game and they're nowhere to be seen since.

Some fantastic fans we have up in here
Oh, they are waiting for their chance to creep out of the woodwork.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: