Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
We should sweep California. Panthers have the Flames tomorrow(that is the game in hand) and then Boston. So we are hopefully looking at 7-9 point buffer on our way back home from Cali.

About the Panthers/Flames game, they are both on the back end of a B2B however, the Flames game today started 2 hours earlier and then the Panthers also went as far as the SO so the Flames will have that extra rest, lets hope that helps the Flames win in regulation.

Reactions: Eric bungay

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
As long as a sincere effort is given many of the neg peeps I think won't complain win or lose.
Most of the takes were posted as lack of care and effort

Well said.

I can handle losing, it happens to every team. However the losses to Buffalo, Pitts and then Carolina were 3 of the worst efforts i've seen from this team in years. Any fan would be upset at that.

Much, much better effort these last 3 games.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Awesome win. But how about we don't start this guy in net next game.

220px-Vesa_Toskala_Maple_Leafs_2008.jpg

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Well said.

I can handle losing, it happens to every team. However the losses to Buffalo, Pitts and then Carolina were 3 of the worst efforts i've seen from this team in years. Any fan would be upset at that.

Absolutely, this team is fun to watch when you see the whole team give effort

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Mabe a confidence thing goaltenders can be weird at times, Price is really struggling lately as well
Goaltending is a crazy mental position. We have to read the play. Where everyone is gonna be, where they're gonna shoot, where is the rebound gonna go. It can be too easy to overthink things. Also if say you keep getting beat on the glove side, you start thinking about it. You might start cheating to one side. You might time your reaction wrong to where the pucks gonna go.

When a goalie is on his game, he is calm, shuts the brain off and muscle memory takes over. Freddy is a very good positional goalie. When he is on his game, he is ahead of the puck and makes it look easy.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Awesome win. But how about we don't start this guy in net next game.

220px-Vesa_Toskala_Maple_Leafs_2008.jpg

In general, I agree I would have started Campbell for a game, probably the Pittsburgh game in which the Leafs won 4-0. However, he started Andersen and they had their most complete game of the year.

One of the issues I raised about the trading of McElhinney was that not only had he done a good job, but that Andersen could feel comfortable knowing he was the #1, due to Curtis age. Goaltending is a mental position, where confidence is a huge factor. Keefe is expressing this confidence, and we have to assume it's genuine.

I think Keefe has taken this approach and put to rest any doubt that Andersen is his guy. He has earned it, even if he's had an off year by his standards (though it's not over yet, he could finish like a lion). The thinking, I suppose, is to let Freddie know, "just focus on your job, you're the guy".

My personal opinion is that at this time of the year with so much at stake, you go with the hot hand, no matter what. Even with the big difference in salary and stature. Ultimately, with Freddie winning the last three, no matter how, he should stay with him until it's time for a break.

Reactions: kb

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
In general, I agree I would have started Campbell for a game, probably the Pittsburgh game in which the Leafs won 4-0. However, he started Andersen and they had their most complete game of the year.

One of the issues I raised about the trading of McElhinney was that not only had he done a good job, but that Andersen could feel comfortable knowing he was the #1, due to Curtis age. Goaltending is a mental position, where confidence is a huge factor. Keefe is expressing this confidence, and we have to assume it's genuine.

I think Keefe has taken this approach and put to rest any doubt that Andersen is his guy. He has earned it, even if he's had an off year by his standards (though it's not over yet, he could finish like a lion). The thinking, I suppose, is to let Freddie know, "just focus on your job, you're the guy".

My personal opinion is that at this time of the year with so much at stake, you go with the hot hand, no matter what. Even with the big difference in salary and stature. Ultimately, with Freddie winning the last three, no matter how, he should stay with him until it's time for a break.

I agree. That post was a joke. The picture is of Toskala. I'm just hoping Freddy stops the first shot of the game.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Well said.

It's funny how the feelings were after the Leafs lost the first game to the Pens but then not only shut them out the next game but now all of a sudden, the Leafs are only 2 points under the Pens when they were 10 points under after that first loss to them last week. We're also tied with the Islanders now for the first WC spot.

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
I've been on the "trade kappy for a D" train for a long time but the last few games has really changed my mind. At the game tonight and man was he flying. He drove that line single handed and reeked havoc on the Canucks defense on night

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Our team the we the best like khaled told y'all! Other suckas aint got dirt on us mayne! Believe that! Others be jelious of our money, power and the personel and human beings. Imagine how deep the hate goes... they WANT TO BE LIKE US. They wanna be our organization.... mayne THAT THAT HARD.

We fighting, staying alive like travolta did. Mayne we tough, playing the system, andersen winning EVERYTHANG! FREEDY FREEDY FREEDY!!! :clap: And its like that.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Been a good day. Got out with my old man and found $170 bucks worth of gold just running some handy high bank dirt thru a new portable sluice. Only took a couple hours.
Get home and watch the Leafs spank Vancouver. Enjoyable game and was happy to watch them keep pressing in the 3rd. Some players seem to be coming on at the right time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00