Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It is strange that Martin Marincin has played 224 games in the NHL...

Actually probably the 2nd most veteran defender on the team at the moment lol....

Reactions: stickty111

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Watched the replay on youtube. Puck goes in over Demko's right pad and under his blocker that is up against the post. Very poor positioning on his part. Lots of holes on that play.
not looking for an argument here but from what I see watching the replay the puck never came off the ice

either way it's his 45th and it's looking like he'll break Ricky Vaives' single season record of 54

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Not all trolling. Most are pationate fans voicing their displeasure after losses.

while it may seem like trolling it's just a sad fact that many of the denizens of LeaFland cannot ever even for a moment stop wallowing in their own misery reliving past failures over and over and over ad nauseum, which imco creates a lot of the silly arguments that are found on these boards, people need to wake the heck up and become a little more self-aware.

imagine people arguing over which is fundementally their "favourite" Leafs worst moment:rolleyes: it just doesn't make sense at least to me and never has

can you imagine even for a moment sitting around and reminiscing about garbage you hauled to the curb years ago:confused:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
i absolutely LOVE the JT Nylander chemistry
both are in beast PO mode just dominating
great move by Keefe to make this a thing
Matthews Hyman Spezza and Kapanen are in beastmode too
Dermott playin good with the bigger minutes
i really like Sandin and Barrie has been better

but
Marner is draggin down the whole line i dont know whats goin on with him but this is unacceptable this late in the season
Fred 2ga on 3sa holy f***!!! we not gonna win anything with this kinda goaltending
he was better as the game went on but this goaltending is not gonna cut it in the playoffs
when you are down by a goal or two because your goalie lets in softies you cant come back with the other team playin in beast PO mode
no matter what team we gonna go against in the 1st round they all have that next level shit
and Fred needs to elevate his game because right now he is one of our weakest links

a totally LeaFlander sentiment, and yet both he and Matty are on pace to establish PPG single season highs

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
not looking for an argument here but from what I see watching the replay the puck never came off the ice

either way it's his 45th and it's looking like he'll break Ricky Vaives' single season record of 54
Oh yeah, your right, under the right pad against the post.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hahahahaha. Wow, people have short memories. Not even close. Arguably not even the worst loss this year.

We lost to the Marlies Zamboni driver who played half the game and let in the first 2 shots he faced

That's the worst loss I can remember over 35+ years following the team

We've been bad, we've lost more important games but I've never seen a Leafs team do that before

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
We lost to the Marlies Zamboni driver who played half the game and let in the first 2 shots he faced
We lost to the Carolina Hurricanes, who won in spite of the performance by the Leaf's practice goalie, not because of.
In reality, probably not even in the top 100 over that time.
We've been bad, we've lost more important games but I've never seen a Leafs team do that before
It being rare due to the circumstances necessary to cause it doesn't make it "worse".

You could also say, Leafs had the best performance against an emergency goalie in NHL history. :thumbu:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Amazing what a week can do

And

Marincin...... actually... had a decent... game... :eek:

Said me never... until now

twitter is useless, but that said I'm really getting to like Kristen Shilton she really knows her stuff, they should give her Leafs Lunch and have Andi do her own show and call it "It's me and I'm all about Andi" where she can report on her favouritest music and clothes, her puppy and living in Moms' basement and of course her "pro athlete" hubby

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
We lost to the Carolina Hurricanes, who won in spite of the performance by the Leaf's practice goalie, not because of.

I think that's the point. They dominated us so completely we couldn't score on a practice goalie who let in both of his first two shots. That's much worse than if Aryes had magically turned into a Vezina candidate and stoned us.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

To be fair we lost to the Carolina Hurricanes. It was a bad game got sure. The Canes held us to 10 shots in half the game. Many of them not dangerous. A cardboard goalie cut-out would have blocked them.

But it has an extra sting when we emphasize that he was the Marlies 42 yr old Zamboni driver

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

In reality, probably not even in the top 100 over that time.

It being rare due to the circumstances necessary to cause it doesn't make it "worse".

You could also say, Leafs had the best performance against an emergency goalie in NHL history. :thumbu:
To be fair we lost to the Carolina Hurricanes. It was a bad game got sure. The Canes held us to 10 shots in half the game. Many of them not dangerous. A cardboard goalie cut-out would have blocked them.

But it has an extra sting when we emphasize that he was the Marlies 42 yr old Zamboni driver

That's the thing lads, the Hurricanes are a good team but there is no way in hell we should have had that done to us in a half a game like that

We stopped playing and knocked off like the job was already done for us, Jesus that was bad and a large part of the reason I call it the worst loss ever

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
We get it you don’t like marner
You don’t have to spout this every post
Some of the best players in the NHL have been assist machines.
Some players score some get assists.
Look at marner great pass to Hyman for the empty net goal. Only a handful of players can make that pass. You are trying to hard to discredit marner. Are you minus Mitch or thewave in reality

I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan...not a homer of any one player...I hated Matthews' contract for the term...Marner has been crap this year...but keep kissing his a55...his numbers are not acceptable for that contract and for a winger who bent over the organization for every penny he could get...Matthews money my a55...he never negotiated in good faith...was all about the money...when he finished the season at 69 points 2 seasons ago, he wanted $9 million AAV, which is a joke...and he would have pushed the Leafs to Dec before signing his current contract, or even sat out this year if news didn't come out that he rejected a lucrative 7 year deal back in June, followed by all the backlash from media and fans...yeah, the hometown kid who loves the Leafs, gets all those endorsement deals because of the crest on the jersey, only homers would believe he loves the Leafs as much as he flaunts it...Marner's the one who's telling people he's playing like dogsh!t, but hey, you keep pumping his tires.

He's got 1 empty net goal in thet last 14 games, 2 goals in the last 20 games, and 15 goals for the season so far...at almost $11 million AAV...let that sink in...if Matthews got those numbers, he would be crucified.

And no, I don't have any burner accounts...I'm not that silly and immature...maybe you got a few since you brought it up.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think that's the point. They dominated us so completely we couldn't score on a practice goalie who let in both of his first two shots. That's much worse than if Aryes had magically turned into a Vezina candidate and stoned us.
That's the thing lads, the Hurricanes are a good team but there is no way in hell we should have had that done to us in a half a game like that

We stopped playing and knocked off like the job was already done for us, Jesus that was bad and a large part of the reason I call it the worst loss ever
Yes, we sucked that period, and Carolina played like it was their own Stanley Cup final. (Though, I'm pretty sure it was the 1st and 3rd shots that we scored on)

Thing is, these type of things happen to teams all the time. It's happened to the Leafs many times this season. Leafs have done it to other teams many times this season; including in the past week. It happens to every other team, and has happened to every cup champion. It's part of hockey. You may not like that fact, but it is. Even in big games. Especially with a goalie letting in 6 goals, including multiple back-breakers at the beginning of the period in question, essentially putting things out of reach.

It was one period, that in the end, will probably be pretty inconsequential. The only reason it looks so bad is because an emergency backup goalie was in net for less than half the game; something which had little to no impact on the actual game, but something that the media and opposing fans on here have run with for their narratives.

Carolina is #1 in the league in xGF by a considerable margin, #1 in xGF%, and #1 in I believe it was something like offensive board battles won? They generate the most high danger chances in the league. They lack some finishing ability, but they are probably the hardest team for the Leafs, with their depleted defense, to face, especially with Andersen being a mess and letting in every defensive mistake.

If the goalie switch (which again, had little to no impact) didn't happen, we still get dominated, the score is probably worse, and it just gets tossed on the pile of losses and forgotten.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
twitter is useless, but that said I'm really getting to like Kristen Shilton she really knows her stuff, they should give her Leafs Lunch and have Andi do her own show and call it "It's me and I'm all about Andi" where she can report on her favouritest music and clothes, her puppy and living in Moms' basement and of course her "pro athlete" hubby

I don't even have Twitter... I just find funny posts or info and throw them up sometimes.

Ive heard Leafs lunch... and yup... it isn't great

Reactions: therealkoho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->