Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-2; Hyman win the winner!

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Are u serious or trolling??? Put your glasses on dude Matthews is getting better game after game what a stupid post
Im not trolling at all, outside of his goal he was pretty quiet, didnt generate a single scoring chance all night, he was decent with the puck on his stick but his game away from the puck needs alot of work as well as his work ethic... Still, no forecheck, gliding instead of moving his feet, poor puck support, where am I wrong here?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Boys played very well after the 1st. That's the way they need to play. Muzzin was solid. Sparks was also very good. Noticed Marleau has been taking strong-side draws for Matthews last two games. Interesting.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Kadri line wasn't too good, they should be dominating other 3rd lines. I thought Zaitsev played well.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
we are 4 points up on Boston. Hopefully that is as close as they will get.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Im not trolling at all, outside of his goal he was pretty quiet, didnt generate a single scoring chance all night, he was decent with the puck on his stick but his game away from the puck needs alot of work as well as his work ethic... Still, no forecheck, gliding instead of moving his feet, poor puck support, where am I wrong here?

I honestly don't know what you're watching. He was a beast in these last two games, every time the puck was on his stick he was generating chances.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Kadri line wasn't too good, they should be dominating other 3rd lines. I thought Zaitsev played well.
Did not watch the whole game as I thought they were going to lose.

What I did happen notice when I watched was Sparks look decent in net finally. He had command of his crease. He still needs to work on finding the puck, but he does not look lost like he usually does.

Zaitsev played his usual game, good enough to close out the game as usual.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Much needed win and was good to see the team show up and be willing to battle.
When we play fast with intensity we're a really good team but need to play like it more consistently.
Thought Kapanen had a really strong game.
Would still like to see Moore make his way back into our lineup.
After watching both weekend games against Laval where he was spectacular, there is no reason for him not to be up here

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I noticed Pittsburgh trying to push a physical game on us. When other teams always try to replicate Boston's gameplan against us it doesn't work at all unless it's Boston themselves, teams just got a mental hurdle with that team.

They did miss Malkin though..

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I think they have to bring up Moore for the playoffs. He's clearly better than the 4th line players, save for Johnsson, who doesn't belong there.

Reactions: Cobra777

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Morgan has tied his career high in points with 52 in 31 fewer games. Good effort on a back to back against a good team. Sparks got the job done. Muzzin and Rielly looked solid.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Definitely awkward

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
After watching both weekend games against Laval where he was spectacular, there is no reason for him not to be up here

Leafs want him to focus on his offensive skills, this has been his break out year in the AHL, everything has finally come together for him. No need to rush him at the moment.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Did not watch the whole game as I thought they were going to lose.

What I did happen notice when I watched was Sparks look decent in net finally. He had command of his crease. He still needs to work on finding the puck, but he does not look lost like he usually does.

Zaitsev played his usual game, good enough to close out the game as usual.

Sparks had a nice game, the second goal was little weak but he was pretty solid otherwise. He also wasn’t swimming around, looked composed.

Reactions: therealkoho

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Satisfying win ... Thought that was a really solid effort all around against a dangerous Pens team that's done well recently. Of course no Malkin helped a lot, but with the way the Leafs have been in the last month this is hopefully a good confidence boosting win. Especially on the second half of a back to back after laying a complete egg last night.

Also props to Sparks for a good outing.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Kapanen was our best player. Sparks, Hyman, Dermott, Marner all good.

Scariest thing for me was that Kessel was more physical than most Leafs.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3