Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-2; Hyman win the winner!

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Honestly, that just looks like a dive and Sid trying to draw a penalty to me.
Nah. He just went to lean into Dermott as Dermott turned his body. Sid caught nothing above the waist and tipped over because of it.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
I always get a kick out of PGTs after a win, somehow it just seems to be a quieter scene than after a loss. Curious.
When we lose games I do my best to stay off this website for the evening.

I'm just as mad (usually) as the rest of us I just try and keep it to myself.

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
When we lose games I do my best to stay off this website for the evening.

I'm just as mad (usually) as the rest of us I just try and keep it to myself.

Lol... yup... same here. I think I usually post on this thread after a win more often.

If it's a loss I don't want to go on some stupid rant. Yup I can admit that. Emotions get the best of me sometimes.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Whats the deal with Matthews? He is floating out there... No forecheck, no puck support, gliding instead of moving his feet, seems uninterested unless the puck is on his stick... Was the only passenger tonight, you have to wonder whats the issue with this kid...
Weird post. I've been pretty critical of Matthews the past month or so... and I'm appalled at the numbers floating around for his next contract...

But with that being said, he was great tonight.

Mar 26, 2010
He had an amazing game tonight. Didn't show on the scoresheet, but he was flying.
Agree. Kap really pushes the pace out there. He backs off opposing D men creating space for his line mates. The kid can really fly, so fast.

I am still nervous this team can miss the playoffs if they do not start playing like tonight’s effort every game.

Reactions: Cobra777

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I still want Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen. The way Nylanders been skating past few games, him and Kappy on either side of Matthews sounds smexy
I don't see it. Marleau is the guy who stands in front of the net on that line. And he's getting hot too.

Reactions: rumman

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Another good game against another good team (even though they didn't have Gino today).

That Muzzin deal looking solid aswell, he played good again tonight.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Lol... yup... same here. I think I usually post on this thread after a win more often.

If it's a loss I don't want to go on some stupid rant. Yup I can admit that. Emotions get the best of me sometimes.

This place becomes ludicrously negative after a loss. Even tonight some people were saying no playoffs in the first period.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This place becomes ludicrously negative after a loss. Even tonight some people were saying no playoffs in the first period.

I think some people probably say stuff the odd time and regret it... like any regular fan... but there is definitely some people that are constantly negative or trolling forsure.

As much as it can be frustrating it's there right to post... it's just whether you want to buy into it or not.

Anything can happen... but the no playoffs stuff... come on lol... that's funny. . They're a really good team. They just need a more consistent effort night in and night out. If they do that... they'll have a chance to go on a good run.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
thats a great win! Sparks made some big saves, Muzzin looked good, Hyman had an extra step, the list goes on. The boys played well!

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Whats the deal with Matthews? He is floating out there... No forecheck, no puck support, gliding instead of moving his feet, seems uninterested unless the puck is on his stick... Was the only passenger tonight, you have to wonder whats the issue with this kid...

Good one.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Kapanen does not get enough credit. He is noticeable every shift he is on the ice.
He will be one of our very best players come playoff time too, he's the type of player you love to have on your team during a run. He's gonna give opposing defense's hell for a long series, and can open up space for matthews to do his thing

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollywood North

Mar 26, 2010
He will be one of our very best players come playoff team too, he's the type of player you love to have on your team during a run. He's gonna give opposing defense's hell for a long series, and can open up space for matthews to do his thing
Yeah, Matty and Kap seem to have some chemistry heating up. If the Leafs get to the playoffs, Kap will be a monster...his speed is killer.

Reactions: leafsfan5

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Beast tonight. Kadri, Marner, Kappy they were our best 3 forwards tonight.

Rielly and Dermot our best Two D man.

Sparks played well tonight after a shaky start.

Zaitsev tried hard to cost us the game tonight. He is stupid and his panic level is dangerously high in key situations. Icing the puck nearly every time in the 3rd.
The rest of the D were good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad