Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-2; Hyman win the winner!

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Is that you, Don?

The reactions to sick dangles, sweet passes and wicked snipes are as loud if not more so.

It's great that he scored what, his 4th 5v5 goal of the season, but his hands are still stony and his passing in particular is awful.

The fact that people are so happy for him when he scores on a goalie says it all, myself included. His hands, shot and offensive IQ are among the worst in the NHL.

Reactions: nofehr

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Big win by the Leafs

Shows Babcock knows what he is doing with his lines and both the Matthews line and Tavares lines look much better and effective with AM and MM on different ones.

Leafs are also the only team when leading after 2 periods that is now 23-0 record and undefeated. That is great for the playoffs particularly try to prevent 3rd period collapses.
The other side of that is that they have the fourth worst record (1-14-2) when trailing after two - only Carolina, Los Angeles, and St Louis are worse.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Dermott has a terrible icing off of an icing too. He wasnt flawless by any means
Actually, when you get caught icing when you are tired, another quick icing isn't a bad play, as it gives you some recovery time, and doesn't help the other team, who already have fresh players out there.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Actually, when you get caught icing when you are tired, another quick icing isn't a bad play, as it gives you some recovery time, and doesn't help the other team, who already have fresh players out there.

The problem was he skated it over the blueline and fired it down the ice before hitting the red line. It was an easily avoidable icing that lead to a quality scoring chances against.

Reactions: Al14

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The problem was he skated it over the blueline and fired it down the ice before hitting the red line. It was an easily avoidable icing that lead to a quality scoring chances against.
I had to rewatch it to see what you meant.

I think you are talking about the first icing, with 7:43 left. Yes, he probably could have made it to center.

I was referring to the icing right after that, when Marleau won the ensuing faceoff, and Dermott immediately iced it from behind his own net. That's a good play.

Most of the later scoring chances came after Matthews and Nylander (twice) had chances and failed to clear the zone.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Is there a site that tracks who plays with who on a game-by-game basis? There has been a lot of mixing and matching (noticed Dermott and Gardiner out together for a couple goals for), so I'm interested to see the totals on who is playing with who.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Is that you, Don?

The reactions to sick dangles, sweet passes and wicked snipes are as loud if not more so.

It's great that he scored what, his 4th 5v5 goal of the season, but his hands are still stony and his passing in particular is awful.

The reaction to that muzzin hit was much louder than a sweet pass or a wicked snipe... it resonated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->