Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jackets Game 5 | August 9th 8pm RSN | SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! WINNER TAKE ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Leaf players shouldn't be focused on who isn't playing for the opposition. The gameplan should be similar. You start to think you have it easier and you let your guard down and get crushed when the player who fills in goes 100% and beats you.

CBJ will have their best game tomorrow. They will go hard against the Leafs as they know it's the method everyone uses against this team which is viewed as soft and lacking bite. CBJ will want to atone for last nights late collapse and the penalty their captain took. Leafs have to go that much harder.

Leafs in kind will have to play in front of the opposition net as they did their 3rd period goals, win puck battles, draw penalties and not get lulled into mistakes. Take advantage of last change and make it count.

Elimination games are never easy and this Leaf team has shown themselves to not be up to the task for many years under such circumstances. I will reserve my excitement until they win such a game.

Reactions: saffronleaf and BTP

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I know this is going to sound weird, but before this series I was all business saying they need to win to take the next step etc.

But after last nights game, I just want them to win so we can enjoy the ride.

We shouldn’t even be here, not to say we haven’t been good this series, id say we’ve been better than Columbus but just looking at where we were with 5 mins left this is all bonus hockey.

It’s weird that I almost forgot that watching a game should be fun.

Reactions: kb

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In my defense, I did tell you all my head is spinning :P

I know how you feel, I've been in a daze since last night. Only now starting to snap out of it. So nervous for tomorrows game already!

Leaf players shouldn't be focused on who isn't playing for the opposition. The gameplan should be similar. You start to think you have it easier and you let your guard down and get crushed when the player who fills in goes 100% and beats you.

CBJ will have their best game tomorrow. They will go hard against the Leafs as they know it's the method everyone uses against this team which is viewed as soft and lacking bite. CBJ will want to atone for last nights late collapse and the penalty their captain took. Leafs have to go that much harder.

Leafs in kind will have to play in front of the opposition net as they did their 3rd period goals, win puck battles, draw penalties and not get lulled into mistakes. Take advantage of last change and make it count.

Elimination games are never easy and this Leaf team has shown themselves to not be up to the task for many years under such circumstances. I will reserve my excitement until they win such a game.

Yes. If there's one thing I know for sure it's that we haven't won anything yet.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Columbus is finished. I’ve seen this many times before in many sports. Somehow, someway Toronto figured out what the f*** was going on in the last few minutes of that game and Columbus had absolutely no answers. The way more skilled team is now going to play with a level of grit. You could see it last night. Columbus as the game went on got less and less quality opportunities. Toronto skating circles around them and getting good looks.

Columbus is only finished if the Leafs have more goals than them when the final horn goes off. Taking them for granted is absolutely stupid and will bite them in the ass. They HAVE to bring the effort they showed in the last 5 mins/OT to get through. This team needs to learn to play 100 percent all the time

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Loading up that line will hurt the team's faceoff percentage dramatically. JT and AM are the best 2 (I think) . It will trickle down.

I'd only make the change if they're desperate

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
edit- Deleting my post.

Injury looks serious. Not the place for jokes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TML Dynasty

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Loading up that line will hurt the team's faceoff percentage dramatically. JT and AM are the best 2 (I think) . It will trickle down.

Since Toronto is the home team tomorrow, Keefe should at least start Matthews, Tavares, and Marner because Tortorella has to put in his starting lineup first. So maybe it will play some mind games with him.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If Werenski is playing, dump the puck in his corner and hit him every chance you get. Make him regret his decision to play.

If he’s not playing, put Tavares-Matthews-Marner together (Nylander is more than capable to centre his own line with a guy like Kerfoot and Robertson) and destroy Seth Jones and whichever sorry guy is his D pairing.

tenor.gif

tGVpSN.gif

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
I'm pretty confident for tomorrows game. I feel like after what happened last night, the boys are super hungry to finally prevail in the last game of a series

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Nylander, who they moved to center is great on draws.

A little off this year right at 50%, but in 18/19 he was 55.2% (better than Matthews), and 51.4% in 17/18.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm pretty confident for tomorrows game. I feel like after what happened last night, the boys are super hungry to finally prevail in the last game of a series

After this roller coaster ride I can't be too confident, just nervous and scared. It is mediocre CLB and not the powerhouse Bruins so that's good but it's not like we've had an easy time with these guys so ... we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad