Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jackets Game 5 | August 9th 8pm RSN | SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! WINNER TAKE ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I just found this picture my fiancee took from a better time....it's a sign! Let's go boys!

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 10

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I'd really like to see some secondary scoring from the Leafs. From the 3rd/4th lines, an unexpected Dman, I don't care, just something.

Are you forgetting game 3 where Kerfoot and Kapy each had 2 assists, one to Ceci and the other to Robertson

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Part of me is hoping the comeback flipped the script for alot of these guys and changes their approach to these types of games. However I worry thats just me being a Leafs fan and perpetually falling victim to their bs.

Whatever though, its a game, so I'm going to enjoy the ride. I'll try not to grumble so much this game.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
This series was as even as it only can be. Tomorrow our game is last at 8pm. All world of hokey will watch. There is no bigger stage. Hokey universe gravitates to its centre . Go and fight for what you think is yours.

Reminds me of the speech in Troy.

"Troy is mother to us all, Fight for her"!!!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
How about another non call in Game 3 late in the 2nd period when Marner got tripped right in front of the ref when Toronto was already on the power play. That cost them a 5v3.

It's called Score effects - refs making judgements with the game in mind. Happens all the time - the larger the goal differential the more powerful the effect.

And its probably better for the game TBH.

TMLisSRYinGerman

Aug 4, 2020
Who knows, it probably has a lot to do with the cameras as its televised nationally

Ha? But he is a coach it's absolutely OK to wear working clothes and as a coach that's his working clothes. If 2 doctors are in front of you and one wears a suit and one wears his doctor's coat you say the one with the suit is more professional :D
Sry for OT ^^

Back to topic: let's hope our 30+ mil line plays as good as we know the can. If so I think we go through

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Columbus is finished. I’ve seen this many times before in many sports. Somehow, someway Toronto figured out what the f*** was going on in the last few minutes of that game and Columbus had absolutely no answers. The way more skilled team is now going to play with a level of grit. You could see it last night. Columbus as the game went on got less and less quality opportunities. Toronto skating circles around them and getting good looks.

I was thinking something similar.

It seemed like the jackets defense has suffocated us the entire series. They are like a blanket, giving us absolutely no space. I remember seeing AM primed for a slap shot, but he hardly gets the pass, or when he gets it he has a blue jacket right on him. Rarely did we fire bombs at their goalies. They smothered us even in power plays .

But last game, in the come back it was different. Tavares had space to shoot. Hyman had space to shoot. Matthews had space to shoot. All on a man advantage EN or PP.

I'm not sure if we figured out something, or if it was Werenski, or CLB panicking.

Whatever it is, I hope we can use it to win again today.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Its always a coin toss for Toronto in the Parity NHL.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I was thinking something similar.

It seemed like the jackets defense has suffocated us the entire series. They are like a blanket, giving us absolutely no space. I remember seeing AM primed for a slap shot, but he hardly gets the pass, or when he gets it he has a blue jacket right on him. Rarely did we fire bombs at their goalies. They smothered us even in power plays .

But last game, in the come back it was different. Tavares had space to shoot. Hyman had space to shoot. Matthews had space to shoot. All on a man advantage EN or PP.

I'm not sure if we figured out something, or if it was Werenski, or CLB panicking.

Whatever it is, I hope we can use it to win again today.
I like the sentiment but we had an empty net too. Extra player on the ice....chances of that working again if we get down again are minuscule. It's still going to be tight and suffocating unless we can score a few early goals. Either way it's going to be a nail biter until the final horn.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I'd really like to see some secondary scoring from the Leafs. From the 3rd/4th lines, an unexpected Dman, I don't care, just something.
Cody “Blu Jacket Killer” Ceci scored all of his goals in the regular season and in this series against the Jackets. He’s got you fam.

Reactions: meefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad