Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jackets Game 5 | August 9th 8pm RSN | SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! WINNER TAKE ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
You're getting paid millions to coach in the NHL.

Look the part and display professionalism.
They were getting paid millions regardless. It's bonus the NHL resumed during the pandemic and left their families to go into the bubble. Show some class sir.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Our friend TWS was over in the CBJ board trying to suck up to them and said Rielly dove. They told him Rielly didn’t dive and it was a legit call :laugh:

I knew I liked CBJ fans

Does that guy just go around sucking up to all of the Leafs opponents?

talk about living rent free

Reactions: LeafChief

TMLisSRYinGerman

Aug 4, 2020
You're getting paid millions to coach in the NHL.

Look the part and display professionalism.

As a Liverpool Fan I can only like it different as Jürgen Klopp is wearing only team jogging suits, but this shows he is one with the players and he worked wonders so...
Also don't see how a suit is more professional to a coach in a sport arena to be honest.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Same.

I also like how it allows Nylander to do his thing and drive his own plays on the second line with Hyman ensuring he has the space he needs. Might see a dip in his point production but the puck should be on our sticks a lot.

Yea his point production will probably dip but if he can prove that he can run his own line as a center, then that opens up many options for us. Including the 'nuclear' line and more generally allowing JT to move to the wing which he might need to do in a year or two.

Reactions: kb and Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

If he plays they need to pressure him hard. Sounds mean since you never want to promote injuries, but playoffs is about attrition. If a guys hurting, you need to take advantage and dump the puck to his corner. Force Torts to take him out or limit his ice time so his offence can't burn us.

Teams would do the exact same to us. No mercy tomorrow.
edit- In fact, I'd send Clifford out to (clean) lay the body on him as soon as possible.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If Werenski is playing, dump the puck in his corner and hit him every chance you get. Make him regret his decision to play.

If he’s not playing, put Tavares-Matthews-Marner together (Nylander is more than capable to centre his own line with a guy like Kerfoot and Robertson) and destroy Seth Jones and whichever sorry guy is his D pairing.

Reactions: Havoc

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
As a Liverpool Fan I can only like it different as Jürgen Klopp is wearing only team jogging suits, but this shows he is one with the players and he worked wonders so...
Also don't see how a suit is more professional to a coach in a sport arena to be honest.
Who knows, it probably has a lot to do with the cameras as its televised nationally

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Both Werenski and Murray are unknowns for tomorrow.

Toronto would catch a massive break if both are out. Werenski and Jones have a magic chemistry to them that's important to the Jackets.

Reactions: Eric bungay and kb

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
If he plays they need to pressure him hard. Sounds mean since you never want to promote injuries, but playoffs is about attrition. If a guys hurting, you need to take advantage and dump the puck to his corner. Force Torts to take him out or limit his ice time so his offence can't burn us.

Teams would do the exact same to us. No mercy tomorrow.
edit- In fact, I'd send Clifford out to (clean) lay the body on him as soon as possible.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If Werenski plays no matter. Finish checks on him and play him hard. Clifford will be licking his chops to deliver him some extra pain.

C'mon boys do it for Muzz!

Also anyone hear if Mango could possibly dress at some point next round should we advance?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Last night I went on the Bruins around the league thread and their fans thought Rielly sold the call and was diving.

That's right a fan base with Brad Marchand who is a known diver is calling out a player from another team for diving.

Although considering how 2020 has been anything is possible.
Bruins fans are the least self aware and most hypocritical fans in this sport and maybe all sports

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
24 hours.

upload_2020-8-8_20-1-44.gif

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Columbus is finished. I’ve seen this many times before in many sports. Somehow, someway Toronto figured out what the f*** was going on in the last few minutes of that game and Columbus had absolutely no answers. The way more skilled team is now going to play with a level of grit. You could see it last night. Columbus as the game went on got less and less quality opportunities. Toronto skating circles around them and getting good looks.

Reactions: willmma

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
We also get last change tomorrow night which is nice
Could be an underrated thing. We haven't had last change since Muzz went down. Which has likely made it that much harder for Keefe to get his matchups for who he wants on the backend. Which becomes that much more important when you're deploying Marincin :/

Reactions: rubous

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Columbus is finished. I’ve seen this many times before in many sports. Somehow, someway Toronto figured out what the f*** was going on in the last few minutes of that game and Columbus had absolutely no answers. The way more skilled team is now going to play with a level of grit. You could see it last night. Columbus as the game went on got less and less quality opportunities. Toronto skating circles around them and getting good looks.
Please lets not get too confident. Anything can happen in one game. I'm cautiously optimistic, but still worrried and nervous.

Reactions: glue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad