Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jackets Game 5 | August 9th 8pm RSN | SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! WINNER TAKE ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Yeah there’s no way that was a dive. Maybe staying down and appearing for a second or two like he was legit hurt was a bit of tiny embellishment, but the way he put his stick into the skate blade as they were stopping, there’s nobody in the league who stays on their feet in that situation.
Maybe some people should try skating into a corner with someone lifting your skate off the ice. Lucky he wasn’t injured. I’ve seen so many players limp off the ice or be carried off due to that dirty trick.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Our friend TWS was over in the CBJ board trying to suck up to them and said Rielly dove. They told him Rielly didn’t dive and it was a legit call :laugh:

I knew I liked CBJ fans
I would say I'm shocked at him doing that however I'm not. Plus that just proves he wants to leech onto whatever fan base Toronto happens to be playing against. At least the Blue Jackets fans are not dumb enough to fall for his crap, unlike the Islanders fans who accepted him ever since Tavares signed in Toronto.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Still no news on Werenski. Cant help but think that's not a good thing for Columbus considering he didnt return in the biggest moment of the series(to that point).

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Our friend TWS was over in the CBJ board trying to suck up to them and said Rielly dove. They told him Rielly didn’t dive and it was a legit call :laugh:

I knew I liked CBJ fans

Why is there so much controversy over this call? It's a clear penalty, and why in god's name would Rielly want to lead into the boards with his feet given his injury history this season? The amount of whining I've seen over this fair call is hilarious.

Were all of these folks whining over the phantom slashing call on Kapanen that ultimately led to Muzzin's injury? Of course not.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
As always, this final game will come down to goaltending and limiting mistakes. Andersen can redeem a few bad moments in previous series with a top performance.

No more 4 giveaways by your top defenseman, no more bad pinches or not backing them up. No more taking the foot off the pedal. Score first, take advantage of your PP and prove you can hold a lead.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why is there so much controversy over this call? It's a clear penalty, and why in god's name would Rielly want to lead into the boards with his feet given his injury history this season? The amount of whining I've seen over this fair call is hilarious.

We're all of these folks whining over the phantom slashing call on Kapanen that ultimately led to Muzzin's injury? Of course not.

The only people complaining about the call is Nick Foligno and people who have a irrational hate against the Leafs.

Even Columbus fans are saying it was a penalty.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The only people complaining about the call is Nick Foligno and people who have a irrational hate against the Leafs.

It's just funny because out of the questionable reffing this series, they've completely fixated on what is a legit penalty. Like you said, most Columbus fans are pissed at Foligno, not the ref.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
please you idiots.... please just come and compete for 60 minutes tomorrow. The goals will follow the effort!!!!!!!

Reactions: Jmo89

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

People are calling Rielly a faker, as if he didn't play most of the year with a nagging ankle injury

I'm surprised these guys can still type what with how much drool must be on their keyboards

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Last night I went on the Bruins around the league thread and their fans thought Rielly sold the call and was diving.

That's right a fan base with Brad Marchand who is a known diver is calling out a player from another team for diving.

Although considering how 2020 has been anything is possible.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
As amazing as that comeback was, what is in the back of my mind is: "wouldn't it be the most 'Leafs' thing ever if after giving us hope and bringing it to a winner-take-all game, they choke at the final moment?"

Just like 2019

and 2018

and 2013.

Hoping to hope we fans don't get clowned again.

Last edited:
Reactions: glue

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Last night I went on the Bruins around the league thread and their fans thought Rielly sold the call and was diving.

That's right a fan base with Brad Marchand who is a known diver is calling out a player from another team for diving.

Although considering how 2020 has been anything is possible.
Bruins fans are the last team who should complain. No team runs more interference and pulls more crap after the whistle than them. They got away with murder last playoffs against us.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins fans are the last team who should complain. No team runs more interference and pulls more crap after the whistle than them. They got away with murder last playoffs against us.
I wonder what they would have said if it was a Toronto player getting the exact same tripping penalty we saw Foligno take and Columbus went onto to score because of that.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I wonder what they would have said if it was a Toronto player getting the exact same tripping penalty we saw Foligno take and Columbus went onto to score because of that.
They'd say nothing, because theres a double-standard. Where were these people when Columbus had too many men in OT in game 3? The most obvious call in hockey somehow missed by 4 officials.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They'd say nothing, because theres a double-standard. Where were these people when Columbus had too many men in OT in game 3? The most obvious call in hockey somehow missed by 4 officials.
How about another non call in Game 3 late in the 2nd period when Marner got tripped right in front of the ref when Toronto was already on the power play. That cost them a 5v3.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How about another non call in Game 3 late in the 2nd period when Marner got tripped right in front of the ref when Toronto was already on the power play. That cost them a 5v3.
Theres some obvious ones we can point at but the constant obstruction is what drives me crazy. Every single time the Leafs dump and chase they have to deal with 2 players laying a pick. I know it's common in playoff hockey but it's the definition of obstruction. We saw Dermott get called for what's basically the same thing but he did it at their blue line so its seen as "different".

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins fan here. There's always going to be some hatred there with the rivalry but the Leafs showed something last night that I didn't think they had. I've seen it a couple times before with the Bruins. 2011 when they were down 2-0 vs the Habs (then came back to win the Cup) and 2013 when I thought they were resting on their laurels, which you guys know about.

Leafs were 5 mins away from people shitting on the big 3/4 yet again and management possibly getting canned and then they all of a sudden flipped the switch and every single member of that core group played a massive role in the comeback.

I remember posting right before the comeback that it didn't look like the Leafs cared, but then was immediately proven wrong that they actually did. The contracts are there, this could have just been another offseason of "whatever". The fact that it's not shows me the character is there.

I'm definitely betting on a run this year, whether they win the Cup or not I don't know but at least you know that the integrity is there with the big players. If Bruins go out I'm actually hoping for a Leafs run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad