Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Marincin on a 1 year deal

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
The only thing you could possibly read into there is that Sandin won't be in the NHL this year... As it should be.
I'm not following, how does an extension for next year for Marincin lead you to Sandin not being in the NHL this year?

I agree on not wanting him here, those contract slide years are important

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
His contract can be buried 100% in the minors with no cap hit and him getting pressbox duty means that Liljegren, Sandin, and our other young D can keep logging big ice time with the Marlies until they're ready. I'd much rather have Marincin sitting there and getting spot minutes than derailing one of the youngsters' developments.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
For someone who complains about people saying "egocock", you seem to say this dumb nickname a lot for Dubas. The double standard is real.

Also Marincin is not terrible.
So its cool for you guys to drop the same boring "egococks" 1000 times if not more but I'm not allowed to drop a few Dufus'?

Cool.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
This is like eating cereal for dinner.
That’s delicious.

Fine signing in my eyes. He’s perfectly fine in his role.

I bet there’s lotsa discussions with lots of the rfa/depth guys right now to see who will do what....Tima, Engvall, Bracco, Goat, Marchment, Brooks, Kivihalme, etc.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
But McDavid said he "loves playing here but at the same time he also loves to leave Toronto."

It was a peculiar choice of words used post-game. Didn't really seem like him but he sorta took a shot.

Does that mean he wouldn't want to be a Maple Leaf?
Id be thinking the same thing as him every time I came to a city where everyone is pretty much guaranteeing I'm going after my contract is up in 5 years. For those guys that believe in that **** dont hold your breath.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
When they sign Pietrangelo they're going to need 700k depth for the 7D. This is what league minimum buys you, a league minimum skill level player.

Agreed. I get why people get don’t like the deal, but honestly the 5-7 d aren’t the problem. The problem is the leafs top 4 group isn’t very good. It’s missing a 25-30 minute anchor.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Maricin milking the MLSE money cow , lol .

Dubie still believing his spreadsheet that says Marty is a solid NHL D .

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Marincin gets too much hate around here. He is 7/8 Dman. He plays for league min salary and never complains about sitting for long stretches or being sent to the AHL.

Yes he is a flawed player but who’s 7th or 8th Dman isn’t. What do people really expect out of a player like that.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad