Speculation: Leafs next move

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Nylander might be a star but he has flaws. He floats and is soft. Not a fan.
I believe it’s the only way the Leafs can get past Tampa. The Lighning scored a league high 290 goals and have a blue line that includes Norris winner Hedman and Sergachev. Then they went ahead and added McDonough and Miller at the deadline.

It’s an arms race and they are winning it.
Maybe.
2018 McD is faaaar from 2010-2012 McD and I'm not a huge fan of Miller. I'd argue that Tavares has a greater impact than those two.
But yes, I agree. Tampa is more loaded up (especially on D)
I still think Dubas is going to buy low on someone who will have a huge impact for Toronto.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Or maybe it's that the Leafs core players are significantly younger?
Yes, I'm sure the Pens, Blackhawks, and Lightning would trade the one tangible difference between them and the Leafs over the past ~50 years so they can maybe give up several fewer goals in the Regular Season OR so they can get younger. Are you guys serious or just that dense? Also for anyone that tries to defend the notion that the Leafs D core is better than the Blackhawks, Sharks, or Lightning, all I have for you is the LOLs.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yes, I'm sure the Pens, Blackhawks, and Lightning would trade the one tangible difference between them and the Leafs over the past ~50 years so they can maybe give up several fewer goals in the Regular Season OR so they can get younger. Are you guys serious or just that dense? Also for anyone that tries to defend the notion that the Leafs D core is better than the Blackhawks, Sharks, or Lightning, all I have for you is the LOLs.
After reading some of your recent posts regarding the Leafs, i'm thinking this is a "pot/kettle" thing....

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Last I looked this is a main board thread. If TML fans are so sensitive they should stick to the TML threads and stop starting threads on the main boards.
Ah yes, the main boards....where every thread should just be about trashing fans and talking shit.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Ah yes, the main boards....where every thread should just be about trashing fans and talking ****.
The majority of the threads started by Leafs fans on the main boards belong on their boards not on the main boards. I don't blame anyone for being more than a little tired of them. Believe it or not fans of other teams are not as obsessed with the Leafs as you think they are. It is just that you keep shoving them in everyones' faces.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The majority of the threads started by Leafs fans on the main boards belong on their boards not on the main boards. I don't blame anyone for being more than a little tired of them. Believe it or not fans of other teams are not as obsessed with the Leafs as you think they are. It is just that you keep shoving them in everyones' faces.
There is an easy solution to you dilemma, don't click on the thread. Because believe it or not, as much as fans of other teams don't care about the Leafs, Leafs fans also don't care about your opinion regarding the Leafs.

The title clearly has Leafs in it...don't click on it. As a Nucks fan, there are Boeser threads for you to enjoy...have at it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Nobody is forcing you to read these threads, stop being so sensitive.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Go with what they got and potentially add a dman at deadline if they feel they can make a push...

If they are a top team, acquire a big name dman rental during the season/deadline.. If they are kinda at the middle of the pack ish, just add a little bit. IMO they just play it by ear and see how they are.

I think Dermott will start hitting young stud status as early as this upcoming season so id just worry about getting Willy signed and then see how it goes with what they have got and re evaluate on a regular basis

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Let me ask you a question. Why is it so hard for non leafs fans to just move a long and not have to open the post? It really isn’t that hard. But the funny thing is that people get sick of seeing anything related to the leafs and yet still post in it. I’m a leafs fan and rarely open any posts about other teams. Cause it’s really that easy to just not open it.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Let me ask you a question. Why is it so hard for non leafs fans to just move a long and not have to open the post? It really isn’t that hard. But the funny thing is that people get sick of seeing anything related to the leafs and yet still post in it. I’m a leafs fan and rarely open any posts about other teams. Cause it’s really that easy to just not open it.
Usually I do but it is like passing a car crash, you try not to look but....I will endevour to be stronger in the future...

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008

Well at this point and moving forward the Leafs D group is definitely better than the Hawks.

The Sharks D group is very good but for how much longer? And the advantage the Leafs have at forward is huge.

The Lightning are obviously stacked at D for now and a long time.

The Leafs D is far from perfect but it's also not nearly as bad people make it out to be. A lot of the blame should also be on the forwards supporting them. Fortunately 2 players in Bozak + JVR who had to he sheltered are gone. There is also a lot of reason for optimism such as: Rielly continuing to be a true # 1, Dermott becoming a top 4, Zaitsev getting back on track to be a # 3 type and Lljigren coming up in the not to distant future. It's not Tampa or Nashville level good but it doesn't need to be an elite group. It can certainly become as good as the last 2 cup winners D groups were who's main strength was also there forward core.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012

Living in the States as a Canadian, it's not often I run into other Canadians. But I did just that a couple of weeks ago. In the exchange, the other guy happened to be a Leafs fan and said there were much more of us than most Canadians down here realize. Mentioned that there's also a number of rinks and that the Canadians typically get together on such and such a day and time. So I said to my fellow Leafs fan, You mean we have to share the room with Canucks' fans? To which he howled.

Listen...If you're tired of Toronto hockey fans on a hockey site, you're tired of hockey. Most Leafs fans, the majority of Leafs fans don't obsess as to whether other bases are obsessed with our club. We know that the club takes hits for having a large and opinionated fan base and that media coverage as a big market city overshadows the Hurricaines of the league...But fans of any team represent them wherever they go. Meaning, in any hockey conversation one team's fan is going to insert thoughts of his club to another team's fan and the course of that conversation is anyone's guess. But, SHARING one's love of a certain team isn't SHOVING it in another person's face between typical hockey fans. That's simply NOT the way normal conversations go...I experienced that very thing here in the U.S. with Caps fans, with a Blues fan the other day, with a Kings fan, and in every instance, as a Leafs fan, I was ASKED about my club. From our respective fan representations (with the Kings' fan) we then talked about Seattle, without a single Sockeye-Totem-Metropolitan-Kraken fan to be found. I digress. The point is imposition, correct?

Well, this user-based hockey site is voluntary. No one forces you to open Toronto Maple Leafs threads and no one forces you to read the opinions of other fans. You have a dedicated Canucks board here. You CAN likewise navigate only the Canucks board in the same manner you would like Leafs fans to isolate themselves on the designated board for Leafs fan. OR...You can chill out, take a deep breath before moving your fingers to execute an action and choose any number of non-Leafs options (of which there are many) on HFBoards.

Besides, if it makes you feel any better, we've had to endure the torturous calls of Jim Hughson for what seems like eternity. I think we're even.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Well at this point and moving forward the Leafs D group is definitely better than the Hawks.
As a fan of a team that won the Cup this season I'd supplement the Caps D core with Duncan Keith and honestly Brent Seabrook (money constraints aside) over practically every Leafs Dman for the Playoffs following the season currently before us and it's not really close.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
As a fan of a team that won the Cup this season I'd supplement the Caps D core with Duncan Keith and honestly Brent Seabrook (money constraints aside) over practically every Leafs Dman for the Playoffs following the season currently before us and it's not really close.
So you would take healthy scratch Seabrook over Rielly? Lol

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

Statistically speaking Morgan Rielly is currently better than any Blackhawk defender, especially so when you consider age as well. If Morgan was currently on the Hawks blue line he'd be considered Chicago's cornerstone piece back there moving forward, this is a fact. Keith and Seabrook are both quickly approaching 40 and their production has noticeably declined, I'd suggest you stop living in the past.

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I mean, you could take those two over any of our D. It wouldn't be the right decision but you could.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So you'd take 2 Dmen (one a healthy scratch) from a non-playoff team over any Dmen from the 6th overall and playoff team? Cool....well done.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016

I like how the Leafs haters have problems doing easy math.
If the Leafs defence is terrible but they give up less goals than those with supposedly far superior defence then the explanation must be that the Leafs goaltending is far superior.
Yes the Leafs need to improve their defence but I guess then the others need an upgrade in goal.
:laugh:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

in case you haven't noticed, a good chunk of those threads you've grown tired of are not even created by leaf fans...as a means to stir the pot, create arguments.

your observation skills are lacking.

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Living in the States as a Canadian, it's not often I run into other Canadians. But I did just that a couple of weeks ago. In the exchange, the other guy happened to be a Leafs fan and said there were much more of us than most Canadians down here realize. Mentioned that there's also a number of rinks and that the Canadians typically get together on such and such a day and time. So I said to my fellow Leafs fan, You mean we have to share the room with Canucks' fans? To which he howled.

Listen...If you're tired of Toronto hockey fans on a hockey site, you're tired of hockey. Most Leafs fans, the majority of Leafs fans don't obsess as to whether other bases are obsessed with our club. We know that the club takes hits for having a large and opinionated fan base and that media coverage as a big market city overshadows the Hurricaines of the league...But fans of any team represent them wherever they go. Meaning, in any hockey conversation one team's fan is going to insert thoughts of his club to another team's fan and the course of that conversation is anyone's guess. But, SHARING one's love of a certain team isn't SHOVING it in another person's face between typical hockey fans. That's simply NOT the way normal conversations go...I experienced that very thing here in the U.S. with Caps fans, with a Blues fan the other day, with a Kings fan, and in every instance, as a Leafs fan, I was ASKED about my club. From our respective fan representations (with the Kings' fan) we then talked about Seattle, without a single Sockeye-Totem-Metropolitan-Kraken fan to be found. I digress. The point is imposition, correct?

Well, this user-based hockey site is voluntary. No one forces you to open Toronto Maple Leafs threads and no one forces you to read the opinions of other fans. You have a dedicated Canucks board here. You CAN likewise navigate only the Canucks board in the same manner you would like Leafs fans to isolate themselves on the designated board for Leafs fan. OR...You can chill out, take a deep breath before moving your fingers to execute an action and choose any number of non-Leafs options (of which there are many) on HFBoards.

Besides, if it makes you feel any better, we've had to endure the torturous calls of Jim Hughson for what seems like eternity. I think we're even.
If you don't want to share a physical room with a Canucks' fan it sounds like you're the one who is tired of hockey!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Look...I'm tired that 30% of trade proposals are made by Leafs fans, but I'm not tired of hockey.
...I'm tired of seeing more about my least favorite team than any other interesting team, but I'm not tired of hockey.
...I'm tired of 1 out of 31 teams dominating the main boards, but I'm not tired of hockey.

I'm excited for the Flames to hopefully sweep the Leafs!
I'm excited for the Leafs to hopefully miss the playoffs!
I'm extremely excited for the changes that the Flames have made so far this off season!!!

I'm not tired of hockey.

I choose to enter a thread about the Leafs to reinforce my extreme dislike of the team and the fan base. It makes me enjoy Flames/Leafs games all the more. Where would this game be without rivalries and fans from other teams jumping into a thread to razz other fans?

Get over yourselves, if you think that someone being annoyed at a fan base means they are tired of the great game of hockey!!!

Hockey rules!!! Leafs drool

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
If you don't want to share a physical room with a Canucks' fan it sounds like you're the one who is tired of hockey!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Look...I'm tired that 30% of trade proposals are made by Leafs fans, but I'm not tired of hockey.
...I'm tired of seeing more about my least favorite team than any other interesting team, but I'm not tired of hockey.
...I'm tired of 1 out of 31 teams dominating the main boards, but I'm not tired of hockey.

I'm excited for the Flames to hopefully sweep the Leafs!
I'm excited for the Leafs to hopefully miss the playoffs!
I'm extremely excited for the changes that the Flames have made so far this off season!!!

I'm not tired of hockey.

I choose to enter a thread about the Leafs to reinforce my extreme dislike of the team and the fan base. It makes me enjoy Flames/Leafs games all the more. Where would this game be without rivalries and fans from other teams jumping into a thread to razz other fans?

Get over yourselves, if you think that someone being annoyed at a fan base means they are tired of the great game of hockey!!!

Hockey rules!!! Leafs drool
lol one poster says one thing and its "get over yourselves" to a fanbase. this is an equally legitimate issue as the one you bring up. all leafs fans get painted with the same brush which is annoying because there are very insightful, fair leafs fans out there..alot more than there are trolls.

there are posts that have nothing to do with the leafs that random posters will try and stir up sh*t with "in b4 this is a leafs thread" it happens all the time, this stuff is a 2 way street. its a shame that neither side wants to end the drama lol
both sides have occasions when they are right and wrong..

anyways. have a good one
leafs rule!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad