Speculation: Leafs next move

Mar 26, 2010
Lots of fan bases have fans that start dumb threads. Like a lot of them here kadri for blank, Nylander offersheet, its dumb. There is a huge anti leaf bias, anytime a a leaf fan says something its argued because apparently we are dumb and have no clue. I've seen it too often..."your a leaf fan, so you're wrong," is the just of what is always said.

For example Rielly isn't yet elite but he is a top pair D no question..yet people say up and down he isn't. The Nylander contract or offersheet garbage. Stupid
Sounds like a regular day on HF.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Lots of fan bases have fans that start dumb threads. Like a lot of them here kadri for blank, Nylander offersheet, its dumb. There is a huge anti leaf bias, anytime a a leaf fan says something its argued because apparently we are dumb and have no clue. I've seen it too often..."your a leaf fan, so you're wrong," is the just of what is always said.

For example Rielly isn't yet elite but he is a top pair D no question..yet people say up and down he isn't. The Nylander contract or offersheet garbage. Stupid
We are the dumbest.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

This same thing happens to the other large fanbases here. The difference is you don't see Montreal Canadiens or Edmonton Oilers fans pretending they are persecuted if people don't agree with them or criticize their players.

I've seen him as #1 defenseman disputed but I have literally not seen a single person claim he isn't a top pair defender. What are you even talking about?

Oh right, cause nobody ever talks about offer sheets for other good young players who remain unsigned into late August or on team with a cap crunch.

Get over yourself.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
In the meantime, next move is trading Nylander because leafs can’t afford to keep him.

This is just silly too. Why cant Leafs afford to keep 3-4 high paid guys but rest of league can afford it no problem. Teams like Pens, Blackhawks, Sharks, Tampa. So tired of hearing this
Theres a tonne of people in here with their Salary Cap masters degree

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Keith turned 35 a month ago. You sound confused.

When someone says a 35 year old hockey player is closing in on 40 its another way to say he's old, which is very much accurate. To claim a 35 year old is closing in on 40 is very much on point and an accepted social norm. You're the one who sounds confused mate.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
When someone says a 35 year old hockey player is closing in on 40 its another way to say he's old, which is very much accurate. To claim a 35 year old is closing in on 40 is very much on point and an accepted social norm. You're the one who sounds confused mate.

Uh... no. Claiming someone who turned 35 a month ago is "closing in on 40" is not, in any way, shape or form "very much accurate" nor is "very much on point and an accepted social norm."

After spewing this absolute nonsense you then tag it by saying that *I* sound confused?

This, my friend, is a Hall of Fame post. Bravo.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Improving a teams defence doesn’t mean you can only improve an top pairing guy. Improving your 2nd & 3rd pairing combined can deliver just as much benefit or nearly as improving your top pairing guy.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I can see Josh Leivo + Calvin Pickard packaged together to go somewhere.

Washington is a team that could use a backup goalie depending on how Copley looks. Would love to snag a Kody Clark or Riley Sutter from them, but being recent draft picks, I doubt it.

Ugh, no thanks. If the Caps need a better back up, they can just go and sign one. Plenty still awaiting contracts. No need to waste an asset (especially a brand new one like Sutter or Clark) for a Leaf discarded G.

No way, Jose

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Well you’re right about one thing. I also doubt the Caps are going to trade either of two recent, relatively-high, draft picks for players they have little use for, one of whom is a backup goaltender who’s value is marginal at best.

Ugh, no thanks. If the Caps need a better back up, they can just go and sign one. Plenty still awaiting contracts. No need to waste an asset (especially a brand new one like Sutter or Clark) for a Leaf discarded G.

No way, Jose

Saw it, covered it. But happily we do agree.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
This same thing happens to the other large fanbases here. The difference is you don't see Montreal Canadiens or Edmonton Oilers fans pretending they are persecuted if people don't agree with them or criticize their players.

I've seen him as #1 defenseman disputed but I have literally not seen a single person claim he isn't a top pair defender. What are you even talking about?

Oh right, cause nobody ever talks about offer sheets for other good young players who remain unsigned into late August or on team with a cap crunch.

Get over yourself.

You're joking right? A lot of people even medi people disagree whether hes a top pair guy. And Montreal is garbage so what do they have to defend? Edmonton has won what 3 or 4 lotteries and cant finish out of bottom 5 or 10 in the league. Again nothing to defend. But when I look through threads and see many saying leafs dont have a chance at a cup, our D ducks our goalie is avg well that's plain silly..and you see it enough and many leaf fans have had enough with the trash talk

I've long said..when we win the cup..most people here will make excuses as to why we won it..say it was the refs, it was fixed..etc.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
You're joking right? A lot of people even medi people disagree whether hes a top pair guy. And Montreal is garbage so what do they have to defend? Edmonton has won what 3 or 4 lotteries and cant finish out of bottom 5 or 10 in the league. Again nothing to defend. But when I look through threads and see many saying leafs dont have a chance at a cup, our D ducks our goalie is avg well that's plain silly..and you see it enough and many leaf fans have had enough with the trash talk

I've long said..when we win the cup..most people here will make excuses as to why we won it..say it was the refs, it was fixed..etc.

If you can recognize the bashing/underrating of Leafs by other fanbases, surely you can acknowledge the blatant homerism/condescension/obnoxiousness of some Leafs fans?

The victim card is silly because there are so many goofs on either side of things that lambasting only one of them just groups you into the other. The reality is there are extremely obnoxious Leaf fans as well as the same for other fanbases, you guys are just so huge that it looks like you have more.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Next move is signing Nylander. Outside chance... Voynov... yes, I know the general belief on him, and don't disagree, but at the end of the day, a business gets the opportunity to sign a top pairing RHD, with no loss of assets, and a probable reasonable contract. The ethics aside, it's pretty hard to argue that he wouldn't fit the Leafs needs to a T.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

Problem is, you’re making it sound like he’s turning 40 next month. Not five years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad