Speculation: Leafs next move

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Don't rule out the Montreal Canadiens fans. The Canadiens subforum is a cesspool of ignorance. The title can't just be handed out quite that easily....
That's probably why I almost never go to the Canadiens' board.

And that notwithstanding a 55-year love affair... with a lot of ups and downs.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
That's probably why I almost never go to the Canadiens' board.

And that notwithstanding a 55-year love affair... with a lot of ups and downs.

There used to be a lot of great posters there once upon a time. Many of them defected a long time ago. Now it's just a mess of people grinding axes and spewing agendas.

It's a mess.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Yes, of course, it will be all the fan bases that are *not* the Maple Leafs that will use the referees as an excuse.

Gotcha.

That was an example. I'm just saying many will use excuses as to why we won. People used to do it when we won a simple playoff game or series.

Right now many are in denial how good we are (on paper) we were a 105pt team last yr, that was with Marner and Willie slow start (andersen's terrible October and March) Matthew's missed 35ish games and we didn't have Tavares.

There is a reason the Vegas odds have us tied with Tampa in odds, on paper if all goes as it should we have a legit shot. Yet many deny we do. Why? Because people in other markets hate Toronto and their fans. Even the Raptor's..no American TV or radio show nor the league gives us any respect (NBA gave us garbage start times based on the fact we are Canadian) how do I know that? Teams that finished below us got prime time starts.

You can say what you want...but leaf fans are gouged and trash talked a lot, some deserve it because they say dumb things. Some for example post on the main boards with a legit question and they are heckled and made fun of..because we are all stupid?

I've seen many NHL game where other fan bases call everything a penalty. The Nylander breakaway in OT that was a penalty shot..it got called he scored..the other team's fans said it was garbage and not a penalty shot. Well let's see..clear break no one in front, he got hooked..ya penalty shot.

But w.e. you have your opinion and I disagree.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Theres a tonne of people in here with their Salary Cap masters degree

Lol so true. Great example of the general public hating us. If Tampa can do it and apparently afford Karlsson when that was a rumor..how do we have any issues...we dont lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad