Speculation: Leafs next move

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Thought I'd ask. But I'm scared of the replies lol.

To me the next trade will involve one of our 6 goalies..more so Mcbackup, Sparky, or Pickard. I also think Leivo and or Gauthier could be added in the deal and maybe one of our good wing prospects to get a slight upgrade in the D department.

Have at it

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Might not be a bad idea to put this on the Leafs board....... Contrary to many leafs fans' beliefs, the fans of the other 30 teams do not care about everything the leafs do.

But the part of me that isn't an ass says dump a goalie for sure for whatever you can get. Pray Zaitsev is a bit better this year and could definitely win a round

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
They'll probably just trade Pickard and Leivo for late picks. The most major move I can see them making is trading a pick for a better RHD to play with Reilly. (Not a bonafide top 4 defenseman, more just a guy who would keep up better than Hainsey.)

Reactions: exporta

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

To me the next trade will involve one of our 6 goalies..more so Mcbackup, Sparky, or Pickard. I also think Leivo and or Gauthier could be added in the deal and maybe one of our good wing prospects to get a slight upgrade in the D department.

Have at it
My guess trade matthews... its clear the team has decided to go a diff route, by getting tavares... big 3 nylander, marner jt... matthews could bring back a solid top 4 dmen that would sure up the team.

But honestly prob chill till deadline

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You should go visit Eklund's site to gather more information as to what the next Leafs move will be.

He needs the clicks. He has an imaginary family to feed.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Might not be a bad idea to put this on the Leafs board....... Contrary to many leafs fans' beliefs, the fans of the other 30 teams do not care about everything the leafs do.

But the part of me that isn't an ass says dump a goalie for sure for whatever you can get. Pray Zaitsev is a bit better this year and could definitely win a round
More than that, anyone who mentions a specific team should move their thread to their board. Proposals should be for X for y.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017

Agreed.
They'll be the ones that see Leaf in the thread title and pass on by(unlike those interested parties posting in this one) to search for something they have interest in, which makes sense.

Doubt Toronto does much of anything aside from kicking tires. The deadline is more likely to be noteworthy on their front.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

Have at it
Wrong place for this discussion.

There will be a lot of snippy and sarcastic posts, and rightly so. Putting this up here implies that whatever happens in Leafs Nation is of interest to the entire NHL, and that just isn't the case.

There are more than enough Leafies to discuss this in our own backyard. I think one of the mods should move it there ASAP.

This thread is just an irritant and a target for everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->