Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We'll have our answer soon enough. My money is on the Jets. They're less fragile in so many ways, IMO. They don't have the upside that Toronto has, but I trust them to be a similar team nightly.

Jets have as many warts as we do. They're just different ones. But sure.

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
I'm sorry but these "best by far" takes are just ridiculous. The Jets have played the Leafs really well this year. The series is what, 4-3 Leafs, with a couple convincing wins for the Jets?

Couple that with their superior size, scoring depth and goaltending, I think Leafs fans are deeply misleading themselves if they think Toronto a lot better than Winnipeg.
They have the goaltending, I'll give them that. Everywhere else, I take the Leafs 10 times out of 10. Regular season is another animal altogether. We've struggled with Ottawa too. When we show up, the Jets can't play at our level.

Reactions: willmma

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
That crowd exist?
Oddly enough, a lot of fans of other teams seem to think Marner is better. Living in Calgary, a majority of Flames fans I know do think Marner is the better player.

Watching every game, Matthews is clearly the guy.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Im mad that they didn’t win every game this season. Bunch of losers

Wendel Clark would of won every game for sure.

Reactions: willmma

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
I'm sorry but these "best by far" takes are just ridiculous. The Jets have played the Leafs really well this year. The series is what, 4-3 Leafs, with a couple convincing wins for the Jets?

Couple that with their superior size, scoring depth and goaltending, I think Leafs fans are deeply misleading themselves if they think Toronto a lot better than Winnipeg.
To be fair both ‘convincing’ Jets wins the Leafs had unsustainably poor goaltending. And no one here would argue the Jets have better goaltending regardless.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
book is out on how to beat the Leafs. Same way the Blue Jackets did last playoff and the Bruins. Last 3 games showed how to do it.

Clog up the middle, play the trap and force the leafs to dump it in. They have 1 guy who can forecheck and retrieve pucks that is Hyman. The rest are too slow or too soft to engage in the dump and chase. The Leafs rather dipsy doodle and try low percentage plays vs doing hard and getting the puck back.

Team will simply play that way and wait for the Leaf D to make a stupid pinch and 2 on 1 all day long.

This team hasn't changed anything really from last year's playoff loss. They can't beat the trap.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Didn't need too. Trapped the shit out of Toronto and just shut them down offensively in a way that will them come playoff time.

That's not remotely what happened. The Leafs were all over them and had several great scoring chances in the third. The Leafs were not shut down in any way. They just couldnt solve Hellebuyck. Hellebuyck and quick strike counterattack is what makes Winnipeg dangerous

Reactions: NK94

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Can we have Liljegren and a LD Marlie next game for Muzzin and Holl and put Liljegren on the PP.

Reactions: klmdg

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
vlcsnap-2021-04-10-19h48m32s042.png

This is a trolling post. Go Jets Go!

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
maybe in that time a couple coaches can get their shit together with this trash powerplay.
For sure coaching deserves flack, but this a team fail..even the players are clearly fumbling the puck and without any ability to do anything

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
That's not remotely what happened. The Leafs were all over them and had several great scoring chances in the third. The Leafs were not shut down in any way. They just couldnt solve Hellebuyck
Honestly, I didn't think it was that difficult of a night for Hellebuyck. I thought he played fine, but this game has nothing to do with him stealing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad