Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
The powerplay needs to be fixed asap. Regardless of the many other bad things tonight, the powerplay is going to kill them in the playoffs.

Put Sabourin in next game against Winnipeg. Let him and Foligno have some fun.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
4 minute powerplay to break a 2-2 tie in the third. Lose

Up 1-0 can ice it early with a 2-0 5 on 3 (Jets are gassed). Lose

I have no words left. Just fix it.

Reactions: LeafsRus

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The summer wind came blowin' in from across the sea
It lingered there, to touch your hair and walk with me
All summer long we sang a song and then we strolled that golden sand
Two sweethearts and the summer wind

Like painted kites, those days and nights they went flyin' by
The world was new beneath a blue umbrella sky
Then softer than a piper man, one day it called to you
I lost you, I lost you to the summer wind

Reactions: Pandemonia

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
A 1:12 5-on-3 with a 1-0 lead, final score 5-2, experience Leafs hockey.

11-0 was nice but we knew it wouldn't last. The first goal was hideous, the second was 50:50, the third was Schiefele on a breakaway, but I still think Jack has the ability to be a decent #1.

I hate saying this but I don't think we win this game with Matthews and Willy - we didn't get the goaltending we needed.

Jake Muzzin? More like Jake Muffin. At least thrice a game he floats a low% unscreened soft wrister from thirty feet out for the whistle. In LA and that first half season he had here he had a cannon but he's content to kill play with a waffle that couldn't kill a butterfly.

TJ Brodie's worst game as a Leaf, lost the line three times in three minutes in the 3rd when they were down by one, shameful.

I go for piss breaks and smoke breaks and beers when they get a PP.

Willy should train with Ehlers. Not the gym stuff, obviously he has that covered we've all seen him looking like Thor every September, but prior to this season, Ehlers had the same complaints about him as Willy does now - inconsistent, soft, not enough intensity.

Rittich was fine in relief but got caught bareassed on that goal.

Mikheyev continues to fly, but we know you have the sizzle, so give us some steak.

I am totally disillusioned with Pierre Engvall, he has excellent tools but he makes Willy look like Theo Fleury out there, his intensity level.

Mitch Mitch Mitch...he's still producing but his riverboat gambling has become a problem, giveaways left and right including that goal.

JT and Galchenyuk looked great.

I'm not worried about the loss, even if it was a winnable and important game.

What worries me is that in the last 4-5 games, this team has reverted into the team from last year and the year before and the year before that: they'll fly one period and sleep the next, no leads are safe, routine plays aren't enough, they gotta be fancy.

Fix it.
I cry

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Another listless performance. Campbell was garbage, Muzzin/Holl too. Same crap with the PP again. There's plenty of guys you'd think would bring a competitive spirit but that spark seems to be missing.

Oh well, hopefully they are off until after Monday and get this sorted out.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Thought the team was fine in their play, but I'm worried about campbell now.

Obvious PP problems too... I'm just lost for words there

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
This powerplay will be the reason we lose in the playoffs

Also, that entire Thornton-Engvall-Simmonds line can sit. Can't wait till Will/Matthews/Foligno are in

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
The PP shouldn't be this bad with this talent. It WILL cost them the 1st round if it doesn't improve.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Man this team is still garbage
We keep getting our hopes up but garbage

if they were gonna take a week off they should have not even played the games haha

and that power play how is no one fired yet?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
We gave away too many odd many rushes...again.

Leafs need to smother the opponent, it's the identity I hoped this team would embrace. It's the winning formula in playoffs and it's the way they played early on.

Their PP is also an obvious problem.

Get back to D First hockey, win battles and let the offense pull it out in the end.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Idk what everyone saw with robertson. He was having a hard time adjusting to the big-bodies against him. He was bumbling passes, couldn't make a pass. He was all over the place (not in a good way). He has an nhl caliber shot though. Pencilling him in the top-six was grandoise. He should be a marlie next year. He should be taking notes from kerfoot on how to play as a small nhler.

Speaking of kerfoot, he gets a ton of flak but the dude is one of 2 players that can play up the line-up without looking lost. I don't mind him at all.

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
Played like shit, but the overreactions in here are priceless. Move on, take the two points on Saturday. We're the best team in this division by a mile, and it's time to remind people why.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Need to tighten up on Team Defence, goalies need to play better and score in the PP.
Most importantly, need to get on a winning streak again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad