Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Another mess of a game from the Leafs. At least we didn't give up a short handed goal I guess?

I don't understand how people can still seriously believe that Nylander is expendable. We sorely miss him.

Oh well, hopefully Nylander and Matthews return soon. Go Leafs Go.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
A 1:12 5-on-3 with a 1-0 lead, final score 5-2, experience Leafs hockey.

11-0 was nice but we knew it wouldn't last. The first goal was hideous, the second was 50:50, the third was Schiefele on a breakaway, but I still think Jack has the ability to be a decent #1.

I hate saying this but I don't think we win this game with Matthews and Willy - we didn't get the goaltending we needed.

Jake Muzzin? More like Jake Muffin. At least thrice a game he floats a low% unscreened soft wrister from thirty feet out for the whistle. In LA and that first half season he had here he had a cannon but he's content to kill play with a waffle that couldn't kill a butterfly.

TJ Brodie's worst game as a Leaf, lost the line three times in three minutes in the 3rd when they were down by one, shameful.

I go for piss breaks and smoke breaks and beers when they get a PP.

Willy should train with Ehlers. Not the gym stuff, obviously he has that covered we've all seen him looking like Thor every September, but prior to this season, Ehlers had the same complaints about him as Willy does now - inconsistent, soft, not enough intensity.

Rittich was fine in relief but got caught bareassed on that goal.

Mikheyev continues to fly, but we know you have the sizzle, so give us some steak.

I am totally disillusioned with Pierre Engvall, he has excellent tools but he makes Willy look like Theo Fleury out there, his intensity level.

Mitch Mitch Mitch...he's still producing but his riverboat gambling has become a problem, giveaways left and right including that goal.

JT and Galchenyuk looked great.

I'm not worried about the loss, even if it was a winnable and important game.

What worries me is that in the last 4-5 games, this team has reverted into the team from last year and the year before and the year before that: they'll fly one period and sleep the next, no leads are safe, routine plays aren't enough, they gotta be fancy.

Fix it.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Meh.

Getting Mathews-Nylander back will be like making a massive trade. Then adding Foligno will be the icing on top.

This is a hard loss to judge cuz its not the team we'll be icing in the playoffs.

Campbell plays like an NHL goalie and it at least goes to overtime.

So who cares lol

Reactions: unitedstars87

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
While Saturday being cancelled is obviously great for Canucks, it’s good for leafs as well, they really need to regroup..losing steak at an inopportune time

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
8-7 record after a loss, one of the most dysfunctional PP's in the history of the sport with what should be a top 3 lineup.

In 2 years people can act like all of a sudden Sheldon Keefe isn't actually good at his job like they did with Babcock and Freddy.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Frustrating game from what I saw. Wasn't expecting a win with Matty and Nylander our, but you need Marner and Tavares to step up. Seems like JT did and Marner hurt us on the night.

PP is a disaster, need some time to work on it, hoping those Vancouver games get cancelled.

Thought Rielly was fine in the night and you can't say that much lately. You still want him to be a lot better than that, especially on the PP

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Embarrassing. Special teams is as brutal as ever, and once again we just hand golden opportunity after golden opportunity to the Jets best players and typically they convert.

Like f*** you’d think they’d learn some Goddamned patience and stop making so many risky plays against this team. They burn us time and time again and yet game number 7 we’re still doing this bullshit.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Let's be real, if the Leafs were healthy and they were missing their starter and 3 top 6 players, this would have been a blow out the other way. Either way, they can't enter the playoffs with a PP that is firing at 3%. It's inexcusable with the talent on this team. Malhotra has to be sent packing now; so, a replacement has room to fix this garbage before the playoffs.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
While Saturday being cancelled is obviously great for Canucks, it’s good for leafs as well, they really need to regroup..losing steak at an inopportune time
maybe in that time a couple coaches can get their shit together with this trash powerplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad