Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Is everyone losing their shit? It was just two games in a row. It happens every season multiple times a season. Nylander isn't going to not get paid for a season, he'll sign or be traded. Whats up with all the hysteria in every thread I go to? Babcock, Andersen on and on and on. Relaaax

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Marner is off and on right now driving the line. Sometimes it seems he’s watching JT do the heavy lifting too much.
We didn’t see that with Bozak/JVR and Kadri. He needs to get back to that. Taking control more and more.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Is everyone losing their ****? It was just two games in a row. It happens every season multiple times a season. Nylander isn't going to not get paid for a season, he'll sign or be traded. Whats up with all the hysteria in every thread I go to?

The standings are so tight that I think everyone feels every loss. We could tumble down into a WC position by the end of the weekend if Boston wins twice.

Mar 26, 2010
Tampa and Buffalo are missing key players and doing just fine.

I still am not sure how we beat either of them in the playoffs.
Don’t sweat it, once #34 and #29 are back... the Leafs will be back rolling again.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I thought they were in it until the SH goal against. Not much attention to detail.

When 44 is garbage, this team doesn't have much of a chance to win.

Quite a few poor efforts tonight I thought. 2, 43, 44, 51 to name a few. Others weren't great but those four stood out to me to have a major negative impact on the outcome.

Frustrating as hell to watch the play like shit, but I get it, its November... Level of concern on Kadri is sky high though.

Reactions: JayDog17

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Is everyone losing their ****? It was just two games in a row. It happens every season multiple times a season. Nylander isn't going to not get paid for a season, he'll sign or be traded. Whats up with all the hysteria in every thread I go to? Babcock, Andersen on and on and on. Relaaax

You've been here long enough to know how it goes after one loss, never mind a couple.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
After a loss like this all you can do is be happy about having one of the best coaches to get this team on the right track again, that should cheer everyone up

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Marner is off and on right now driving the line. Sometimes it seems he’s watching JT do the heavy lifting too much.
We didn’t see that with Bozak/JVR and Kadri. He needs to get back to that. Taking control more and more.
Yes - Marner owes Tavares an apology for his pathetic effort tonight

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I wonder if Nashville fans are going nuts down 6-1 tonight to the 2nd worst team in the league and their "best defense in the league"?

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Gardiner had a strong game and is playing exceptional. Because we lost people say he had a bad game?

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I wonder if Nashville fans are going nuts down 6-1 tonight to the 2nd worst team in the league and their "best defense in the league"?
Lol - everything will even out in the end - shit teams will go back to being shit - and yes Leafs fans, that includes Buffalo - they are horrible and won't even make the playoffs.

Buffalo 15-6 is unsustainable with a goal differential of +9. Winning a ton of 1 goal games

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
On a positive note, that looked like Zaitsev in his first season. Where you been bud?

He's been our best defensive player most of the year. Every few games he cleans up his transition game and he looks crazy good. Puck moving always looks sweeter than yet another defensive stop.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
People keep saying we're missing important pieces...so are Boston and Tampa. They keep winning.

I just don't think we're as good as the standings say.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The good news is - Of the teams currently in a playoff spot the Leafs can beat at least three of them.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017

It’s the last two games. Marner has been great all season. Unrealistic expectations that he or any player will be great every game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad