Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Who gives a shit about Buffalo? This is still November and they still have to prove they are not a basement team by seasons end.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Was actually a good bounceback game for us but the bounces just didnt bounce to the back of the net for us tonight.
4th line is still rolling.
Kadri line was better tonight.
Marner in a mini slump for him, Hyman seems a step behind the last couple games and Tavares cant do it alone.
Rielly/Hainsey have been pretty bad defensively as of late and its not just Hainsey.
Gards/Zaitsev were the best D pairing for either team. Completely shut down Panarin line again. Good bounce back game for them.
3rd line is in the crosshairs once the two big guns come back. Gotta start producing.
Dermott/Oz looking good again.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I thought we played well in the offensive zone and had good pressure. But where in the hell is Kadri when we need given AM34s absence? I’ll say it again, Reilly has not looked himself in the past 3 games and the entire defence has been crap. Better win tomorrow or we’re in trouble of being overtaken by a bunch of teams for playoff spots.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Hot take.

Leafs are a head of Buffalo by the end of the season.

AgonizingHatefulAsiantrumpetfish-size_restricted.gif
tenor (13).gif

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Was actually a good bounceback game for us but the bounces just didnt bounce to the back of the net for us tonight.
4th line is still rolling.
Kadri line was better tonight.
Marner in a mini slump for him, Hyman seems a step behind the last couple games and Tavares cant do it alone.
Rielly/Hainsey have been pretty bad defensively as of late and its not just Hainsey.
Gards/Zaitsev were the best D pairing for either team. Completely shut down Panarin line again. Good bounce back game for them.
3rd line is in the crosshairs once the two big guns come back. Gotta start producing.
Dermott/Oz looking good again.

And the DJI has been good the past week.

Except for the results.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
We
The best part is we still haven't seen a full Maple Leafs roster this season.....but we're still 4th. Not worried.
Yep Buffalo will have their cold streak soon and TB and Boston are missing key players.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
A few problems for sure but it was Freddie taking the night off that killed them. The team owed him bad for the last game. It happens every 10 games or so, no big deal. AM will be back pretty soon and maybe even Willie so they will win those few games the goalie isn't there.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone notice that Kadri's bobbling the puck a lot whenever his line's got a rush attack going.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Anyone notice that Kadri's bobbling the puck a lot whenever his line's got a rush attack going.
This is the worst stretch of games i've seen Kadri play in as long as I can remember. It's not even his production, he is single handedly killing his line with giveaways and slow reads.

Even if he snaps out of this cold spell, its hard to look past it. 20 games of completely disinterested, non-physical, invisible play. If you do not play a fast offensive player beside him (Marner, Kapanen), he is a non-factor.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
This is the worst stretch of games i've seen Kadri play in as long as I can remember. It's not even his production, he is single handedly killing his line with giveaways and slow reads.

Even if he snaps out of this cold spell, its hard to look past it. 20 games of completely disinterested, non-physical, invisible play. If you do not play a fast offensive player beside him (Marner, Kapanen), he is a non-factor.
Yeah. Nothing works for him right now. If you take a slow skater who plays slow while gripping the stick like it might take off with your wallet otherwise, you don't get an effective player. There was one play that I thought highlighted just how off he is lately. He got a pass on the tape right in the slot, and he had two touches before even attempting to shoot it. That's off his stick right away normally. Now he not only feel the need to handle it first, he fails at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad