Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Literally no reason to be upset about this. Went toe to toe with the best team in the league, played great, and lost off a fluky knuckle puck late in the third. Meaningless game, and yet it was one of the most entertaining of the season. Anyone who’s *****ing and mowing about this game needs to get over themselves
Zackly.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Must be frustrating for Matthews being a minus player every second game since Christmas. Although he has been a plus for a whooping 10 of those games.
Weird flex when he was the Leafs 2nd best player tonight

The Leafs deserved at least a point. Would've been nice winning this to get some momentum into next week.

Reactions: diceman934

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
We are right there with the best team in the league and getting better.

Cheer up buttercup.
The game wasn't a blowout, but we still lost again. We haven't look good for 4 months now, and are finishing the season with a whimper. Not much to be happy about.

Reactions: saffronleaf

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tavares had some good chances and couldn't bury it. Marleau did too. Really hoping we have some better execution in the playoffs.

Scoring chances are great but converting them into goals is also quite important.
if Toronto gets 1 goal against Boston, I don't care how well they play. they're going to lose that game. The offense is too good to be shitty for long, but slumping the next 5 games might be bad enough to end our season

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
This team sucks.
It will not go anywhere in the playoffs.
Another disappointing season.
Sure we have some “star” power but we don’t have a “team”.

Dubas doesn’t know how to put together a team. He’s just an analytic guy. Heck he never even played hockey.

Babcock is unable to adapt to the new NHL and is a dinosaur.

Shanahan needs to put the right people together or we’re going to continue to be without a cup for another 50 years.

WatchOut

Feb 7, 2016
Ontario
team needs to play a lot better, don't know if they don't listen to coaching or what. the level of play is very concerning for the talent we have. I have little faith that we will win against the Bruins, let see how they do in the first game. The biggest issue in my opinion is that this team can't cycle the puck and their plan of collapsing in the defensive zone does not work. This game wasn't as bad compared to others, just need a few guys to wake up. Also if anyone has noticed, why do we have or why does willy keep going to the blue line during an offensive shift. Have to help with the cycle not stand with the defense at the line

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I've long maintained that I won't be that harsh on Nylander until it's crunch time and we get into the playoffs.

You're running out of time to get your shit together on a steady basis Willy.

Reactions: ToneDog

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Felt like a preseason game.

Leafs are going to be the team that won 5 of last 15 heading into the playoffs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
if Toronto gets 1 goal against Boston, I don't care how well they play. they're going to lose that game. The offense is too good to be ****ty for long, but slumping the next 5 games might be bad enough to end our season

That is why this team cannot afford to rest anyone against Montreal. We need our depth guys to feel good before they go into the playoffs. Need some guys to put some goals.

member 262271

You said it's "time to stay the beast"

I said good luck with that coming to fruition. I'm genuinely not sure where the confusion is coming from on your part. Whether it be a prediction, or an expectation I don't think it matters.
That’s just it, it doesn’t matter. I posted and you decided to reply negatively, so good luck with that.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We played well
Very even game

Honestly I feel way better about the team after a game like this, it shows what there capable of when there engaged, Andersen is also looking much better which is huge

We might be fortunate that Andersen got in his struggles in March instead of April

Reactions: Kiwi

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Man nylander is so afraid of getting hit!

Embarrassing play when he iced it to avoid getting checked.

Isn't he supposed to be good at these zone entries?
He dumped that and was chasing the puck down. He was skating into 3 players and would surely have turned the puck over. He loves to carry the puck if there was any chance he could, he would. That’s a dumb comment right there. I agree he’s soft. But you’re seeing what you want to see

Reactions: Glacious and Loosie

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Lack of scoring is a bit worrying but I don't know how anyone can say lack of effort.

They lost because of a bad turnover by Frederik Gauthier when he was gassed. He likely isn't even on the ice during that time in the playoffs or if Kadri is in this game.

This game just makes me want to beat Boston really bad. This team can go the distance against Tampa.
I don't see how, they almost swept the season series.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Meh, looked like both teams were just skating around out there. I feel like both teans could've taken it up a notch, but theres no point.

Andy looked solid tonight, at least.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Coach trying stuff, seeing how the kid reacts. A good game to experiment since it really means nothing.

I can't say I agree it means nothing. Leafs have NO confidence or swagger right now. They need some WINS.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Nylander needs to take a serious look in the mirror. Actually no, he'll be there all day.

Not worried about Nylander. He should be the freshest leaf and a chance with a clean slate heading into the playoffs.

He be ready to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad