Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess. The issue is, you are going to have to pay Zadorov north of 5m in the future, and almost 4m now. Walker is not going to cost that, and JJ is playing for league minimum. Like I said, I love Zadorov. I don't love his cap hit relative to his position. And it's only going to get worse.
View attachment 868793
Walker doesn't cost that now, but he will on July 1st.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I’m a fan of both guys but I think Soucy is better

Jack Johnson gets to play lighter minutes with a much better defensive partner in a much better defensive group
That fair. Like I said, I know next to nothing about him. He did however, have a really bad game tonight. But to be fair, his D partner didn't really help him out either.

We couldn't afford Zadorov as it is, my point. He's not better than Girard or Manson, even during this streak of his.
I never compared him to G or Manson.

I do think if he was here, Manson and G would probably both get a little less ice time and all 3 guys would be around 17ish minutes. Pratt and Bednar love situational pairings and ice time.

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Look, I like Zadorov, but he wouldn't make the playing 6 here. You could imagine him replacing JJ, but at least JJ has demonstrated his ability to play in Bednar's system. Big Z, not so much.
I agree I’m just saying he’s played well for them. And to be fair he is better now than he was for the Avs. He fits Tocchet’s more passive system much better than Bednar’s high-tempo scheme.

Reactions: katfude

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If the Leafs HAD to trade Kadri after two playoff suspensions, I can't see any way they can keep Marner around in an infinitely more contentious situation. I don't know how long Marner could hold up given he'll be under siege all year in TO.

Reactions: Pokecheque

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If the Leafs HAD to trade Kadri after two playoff suspensions, I can't see any way they can keep Marner around in an infinitely more contentious situation. I don't know how long Marner could hold up given he'll be under siege all year in TO.
Kadri was a 3rd line center on the Leafs roster. They just could not afford to keep him. We just got lucky that we were able to trade for Kadri who had a potential of being 2nd line C. Toronto just had too many players who were overpaid or needed bigger extensions and that is why they let Kadri go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad