Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Literally no reason to be upset about this. Went toe to toe with the best team in the league, played great, and lost off a fluky knuckle puck late in the third. Meaningless game, and yet it was one of the most entertaining of the season. Anyone who’s bitching and moaning about this game needs to get over themselves

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Good game for many Leafs. A couple of mistakes cost us. Some players MIA. Let’s beat the Habs on Saturday night. Marner removed all doubts as to who is the Leafs best player. What a beauty.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Meh, good game. 4th line lost it I guess. Need more engagement from players. How many times did we see them allow the opponent to get to the puck first.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Good effort. Finally

Who cares about the score. Andersen looked good. Marleau looked good. Tavares looked good. Marner looks hungry. Matthews looks ready

Nylander, oh boy...

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Me saying it’s time for them to win a series doesn’t imply any prediction. It does perhaps imply an expectation which is a godamn slippery slope.

You said it's "time to stay the beast"

I said good luck with that coming to fruition. I'm genuinely not sure where the confusion is coming from on your part. Whether it be a prediction, or an expectation I don't think it matters.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Leafs played great that game. That game was exactly what hockey should be, fast, skilled and no cheesy goals/penalties. Leafs just need to start scoring again. I’m not upset losing in a game like that, refs weren’t a factor for either team. Great game besides the loss.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Now's the time to see what the guy has, this game didn't mean anything.

Frustrated about the lack of goals, but they're getting chances. So I'm not that concerned overall.

It would be nice to get a couple wins to finish off the season. You know, to build confidence etc.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Okay with this, was entertaining for a change. Matthews playing hard and scary, Marner can't be stopped by the best team on the planet, our defence taking hits to make plays. Optimistic for next Thursday.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
How was that a crap effort?
I was thinking I would come here and see they played hard just didn’t get the results. Meanwhile people saying that lol.

I thought they played pretty well really. Shortys suck to give up, a changeup that flipped over Freddy. It happens.

I don’t think any team in the east can match Tampa the way the leafs can. Bruins included. But if the leafs play the way they played tonight against Boston, they’re going to win more than they lose.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We played well
Very even game

Honestly I feel way better about the team after a game like this, it shows what there capable of when there engaged, Andersen is also looking much better which is huge

Reactions: Sypher04

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Marner once again by far the best Leaf on the ice. And he's the one that's left to sign? Brilliant.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Must be frustrating for Matthews being a minus player every second game since Christmas. Although he has been a plus for a whooping 10 of those games.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Anyone saying that was a bad effort ...gotta say find a new team to cheer for. If it was crap it'd be 6-1, 7-1..you play bad against a team like Tampa it wouldn't have been just 2 to 1...ya I know it was 3 but EN doesn't count to me unless we made it 3 2 after.

Either you're IN or OUT and to those not happy with the level of competitiveness from them tonight...OUT is where you need to go

Reactions: Loosie

ItalianLeaf

Nov 2, 2006
Are you blind ...you gotta be kidding me
Had lead, blew it - check
Gave up a shorty - check
Horrid PP - check
Lost game in crunch time - check
Board play horrid once again - check
Enemic offense - check

Stop drinking the koolaid and be real with yourself

Reactions: Koolboss

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I feel like Kapanen is on the cusp of breaking out into a hot streak. He's had his jump in the last few games, just needs to get on the scoresheet to get going.

Reactions: Sypher04

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Good effort. Finally

Who cares about the score. Andersen looked good. Marleau looked good. Tavares looked good. Marner looks hungry. Matthews looks ready

Nylander, oh boy...

Nylander's regular season is basically a write off. He has a shot to redeem himself in the playoffs.

Reactions: Loosie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad