Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Our defense is ass and that is known. Can possibly be fixed by trading nylander. We also have crappy offense led by only 2 players in Marner and JT, how do we fix that? This team needs to re-tool come the offseason.

Reactions: PeterPuck101

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lack of scoring is a bit worrying but I don't know how anyone can say lack of effort.

They lost because of a bad turnover by Frederik Gauthier when he was gassed. He likely isn't even on the ice during that time in the playoffs or if Kadri is in this game.

This game just makes me want to beat Boston really bad. This team can go the distance against Tampa.

Reactions: Loosie

member 262271

Good game overall, there is a gap between these teams. Bad mistake cost the Leafs though, otherwise it could’ve turned out better for them. Onto the Habs.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Game was decent, wish the Leafs had pushed harder on offense, got the sense they were happy keeping things tied on most shifts. Going to be hard to beat Tampa with 1 goal.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
If they can bring this performance to the playoffs they’ll have a chance to take down Boston. They looked good this game.

If the coaching staff can throw together a half-competent PP, Leafs could be defending a lead at the end of this game.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Man nylander is so afraid of getting hit!

Embarrassing play when he iced it to avoid getting checked.

Isn't he supposed to be good at these zone entries?

member 262271

No, I'm saying your post was poorly worded if you weren't trying to imply you think we're going to beat Boston.

It's quite simply, really.
Me saying it’s time for them to win a series doesn’t imply any prediction. It does perhaps imply an expectation which is a godamn slippery slope.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Honestly we play like that against Boston and it'll be a great series. Sucks a knuckle off Rosen killed it..but AGAIN Babcock pulls goalie when we don't have full possession I hope he figures this out.

Matty was great, Marner was fire...and funnily one cross up on the PP was only reason it's not going to OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad