Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-1

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bolts' foot soldiers better than ours. You won't beat them with two lines and lots of stick checking (especially in a 7 game series). Good effort though.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Meh, looked like both teams were just skating around out there. I feel like both teans could've taken it up a notch, but theres no point.

Andy looked solid tonight, at least.

Good game. Looking forward towards the playoffs. See you guys tomorrow!

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Marner once again by far the best Leaf on the ice. And he's the one that's left to sign? Brilliant.

That was his choice. He wanted to be last to sign. The Leafs would have signed him already if he wanted to. Stop trying to make everything a problem

Reactions: mulefarm

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
This is probably the least positive/interested I have ever been heading into the playoffs for the Leafs in my entire life! I don't know what it is. Maybe I can see the writing on the wall and I have resigned since I am 99.9% sure Boston is going to pump us? :thumbd: *Shrugs. I don't know.

I will still watch because I love them. But the emotional investment is just not there for me ATM.

I am at a "expecting the worst and hoping for the best" phase.

Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Last edited:

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
A lot of loser talk in here

People take losses hard. We've all been there.

As a measuring stick game we measure up fine for where we our on our journey.

Remember some of the fanbase lacks maturity. Some are hardened by decades of ineptitude.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Nylander's regular season is basically a write off. He has a shot to redeem himself in the playoffs.
I made the suggestion earlier to get him to center the third line a little while ago. With Kadri out and seeing how that line played, I take it back.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Moore-GOAT-Ennis

That should be our line going into the playoffs. Try and limit the 4th line to 8 mins max

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't see how, they almost swept the season series.

The season series doesn't really tell us much. It was 3-1, could have been 3-1 in our favor as well if not for Vasilevsky. We won the season series handily against Boston last year and look how that turned out in the playoffs.

This team can hang with Tampa. They are very similar teams on ES. They have much better specialty teams than us though.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Had lead, blew it - check
Gave up a shorty - check
Horrid PP - check
Lost game in crunch time - check
Board play horrid once again - check
Enemic offense - check

Stop drinking the koolaid and be real with yourself

Not going to bother arguing...please someone else try explaining this to you.

Ya a SHG oops, we played them even hence the tie until 5min left with a fluky knuckle that hit Rosen or it goes wide.

I'm sick of certain people being this blind. We played right with a 120 plus point team...now you don't show up vs Tampa the score would've been way lopsided as well the shots would've been as well.

Don't need to reply to this message because again I'm not going to bicker..I've supported my arguments.

Drop

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Maybe these players will grow into their contracts...

Before Kucherov grew into his current "reasonable" contract, Yzerman forced him to take a bridge deal, but our GM likes to overpay players like Willy and Matthews before they've done anything. Tampa Bay is the model franchise for team building where players take "fair market" values on their contracts to win as a team. With Matthews, Tavares, Nylander and soon to be Marner taking over a combined $40 million in cap space, there won't be anything left for depth players, and wait until Rielly's contract is up...how much is he going to want? $10 million too? We have a bunch of entitled young stars who want big money, but hasn't done squat.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Funny you say that because I thought the Leafs played almost a perfect game. So why was Zackly Hyman on the ice for the 6 on 5 with the goalie pulled? Sadly, Babcocxk showed last year in the playoffs he will do these things to seemingly handicap the team.

I wonder what the other guys think that just played their hearts out only to have their coach throw a plug out at a critical time to ruin everything?

Starting to hate Babcock more and more every game.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
Disappointing as the loss was it's still hard to be unhappy with the effort. They battled hard against the President's Trophy winner and in all honesty this game could have gone either way.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Huge cry baby fans check.

No wonder everyone else hates our fan base. Good god

This guy..I don't get it hung with the best team in the NHL and Vase had to make multiple big saves..actually more then Freddy. Good to see Mike get made at refs, there was a lot of interference run by Tampa oh well we played well, and good to see we can do that to a team who has 120pts plus, we do that vs Boston...I bid the Bruins adieu!!!

Reactions: Loosie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad